Zephyr Enterprise Review

Lightweight, flexible, and generates good reports

What is our primary use case?

We use Zephyr Enterprise for the entire testing process from beginning to end.

How has it helped my organization?

Zephyr Enterprise has improved how our organization functions. In the guide itself, they give us different kinds of processes that can be implemented. There is the mature process, the initiated process, and the over the structure process.

The guidance is already there and the process depends on the organization's needs. With a mature process, you can get a lot of test metrics out of it. I would say our organization wanted the highest maturity process.

What is most valuable?

In terms of its most valuable features, Zephyr is very lightweight and flexible. It is flexible in terms of the kind of the linkages it can do, the variety of updates, how everyone can see it, and how you can mail it.

Additionally, because of its capability for multiple users and multiple things happening simultaneously, people really get a good world view of what is going on, including the updates. Plus, all of this happens quickly.

Finally, the kind of reports that it generates is great.

What needs improvement?

Their version of test cases can be improved. Right now, all updates just get the latest version. But there is no version in the test cases. You can only know the version based on your comparison. In other words, the test case versioning is not there. I think Red Quality Center does give a versioning of use cases. This aspect can definitely be improved.

Additionally, they could improve the daily reporting. It does generate reports, but they are screen based reports. It would be good if they enhanced the default reports with a variety of reports that every organization would need. Customization can be done, but creating better default varieties of reporting would make the product much better and more popular.

I have been using Zephyr Enterprise for about six months.

In terms of stability, it is stable. I didn't experience any instability.

The product is scalable. I don't have the exact number, but many people are using it in our organization.

I didn't do the setup, I only used it, so I don't know about that. However, after using it, I found it really intuitive.

What other advice do I have?

If anyone is looking for a good, lightweight, flexible and agile test management product, I think they would do very well with Zephyr Enterprise.

It can be implemented at whatever stage they are in improving their testing process, gradually getting into a high-security test process. In that way, it is flexible, easy to adopt, and quickly understood.

I like the product very much. On a scale of one to ten, I would give Zephyr Enterprise a nine.