Zerto Review

We were able to start replication within minutes of the initial setup

What is our primary use case?

Virtual server replication, as well as a level of backup, to our disaster recovery site.

How has it helped my organization?

Zerto is the key to our DR strategy. With Zerto, we were able to replicate our virtual servers to a remote DR site across a WAN connection. Zerto has made it possible to have different hardware (processor and storage) at each site.

What is most valuable?

• Hardware independent: Being able to replicate between two different sets of storage and processors.
  • On the fly IP address changes: During a failover to a DR site, Zerto can automatically change the IP address of servers.

What needs improvement?

I would like them to add a VM host replication option. Being able to replicate host configuration between sites would be a huge benefit.

Three to five years.

Zerto is very stable.

No scalability issues. We have added additional licensing over the years and haven't had any issues.

We have not had to use technical support too much, but we have always found the technicians helpful and knowledgeable.

We did not previously use another solution.

The initial setup was very straightforward and easy. We were able to start replication within minutes of the initial setup.

Zerto support helped us install and implement it initially. They were very knowledgeable.

We believe the pricing, setup costs, and licensing are easy to understand. The pricing seems very reasonable.

We did not evaluate other solutions.

What other advice do I have?

For the most part, we are very satisfied with Zerto and its features.