Zerto Virtual Replication Review
Zerto just works

Valuable Features

Near-zero RPO, granular selection of individual VMs and the very simple setup and management.

Improvements to My Organization

Reduced DR strategy documentation and procedures.

Room for Improvement

Physical servers would be a nice enhancement. I would also like to see the backup portion really enhanced further.

Use of Solution

3 Years +

Deployment is so easy, so no.

Excellent

Excellent

Yes. The product(s) I was using for replication were not as efficient and could not provide nearly as low of an RPO as Zerto.

Easy

Other Solutions Considered

Veeam replication, SRM and array-based.

Other Advice

I work for a data center solutions company and DR was always the toughest challenge. I have recommended numerous solutions to my customers over the years but when we stumbled upon Zerto 4 years ago it has become our standard recommendation in these projects. It's easy to setup and manage but best of all...it just works as expected.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: I work for a Zerto partner but have used this product in numerous projects and have much direct experience with it.

1 Comment

it_user161283Real UserTOP 20

Good summary. I totally agree that Zerto is very simple to install and maintain. Creating groups of protected VMs is easy with the newly enhanced work flow. Anyone looking to replicate VMware or Hyper-V machines should give Zerto a good look.

05 July 15