Zimbra Collaboration Review

Easy to manage. The calendar is a useful organizational tool.

What is most valuable?

Most valuable to us is the fact that it's open source, so it's possible to do a lot of customization. Zimbrais easy to manage.

How has it helped my organization?

The calendar is a quite useful organizational tool. We also created a lot of accounts for special needs, since we can have as many as we want.

What needs improvement?

There are some bugs we found that could be fixed. Also, there was a chat tool which was really useful, but was discontinued.

We’ve used Zimbra for 4 years.

We did not encounter any issues with stability.

Regarding scalability, from a user point-of-view, gmail is more convenient with all the other tools, such as Google Docs, Google Drive, etc.

We did not use any other solutions.

To complete the initial setup, you need to adjust the spam filter, setup DKIM, etc. Also, it’s Linux-based, so you need to be familiar with that environment.

The free version is good enough for a small to medium size company.

We evaluated Gmail before going with Zimbra.

What other advice do I have?

If you don’t have a technical person to manage the project, you may want to use a different solution.

8.6.0
More Zimbra Collaboration reviews from users
...who compared it with Microsoft Exchange
Find out what your peers are saying about Zimbra, Microsoft, Open-Xchange and others in Email Applications. Updated: June 2021.
509,570 professionals have used our research since 2012.