Zoho Analytics Review

Good dashboards and it automatically generates a variety of intelligent reports

What is our primary use case?

I am working for an agribusiness holding with two sawmill facilities and over one million hectares of forest. We are also responsible for sustainable forestry management of the area.

The business was started in Brazil in 2016. The estimated processing capacity of each facility is 45,000 m3/year of timber and 10,000 m3 of the finished product. The holding office is in São Paulo, while the facilities are in Acre. The investors are mainly from Europe, while the main customers are from the USA and China. The forecast is that four more facilities will start to operate in the next four years.

I work at home in São Paulo and Deepdive is a small company owned by my husband and myself.

How has it helped my organization?

Zoho provides accurate and up to date commercial dashboards and reports that are presented to shareholders and potential investors.

It produces follow-up reports with flags and insights to improve operational performance, which is followed by the COO and managers. These reports are also presented to the board.

Once our reports are updated, we plan to increase the number of reports being presented in order to give more accurate forecasts. These are modeled based on the data that is being collected.

What is most valuable?

It is easy to import and set up the database.

The database is handled in a very intelligent way. The variety of reports, tables, and dashboards that are automatically generated and ready to use are applicable to many different demands. It saves a lot of time and allows the business analyst to focus on content and insights.

Ask Zia is a great feature that I use to quickly decide what improvements I need to make in order to present the data that I want to show. Zia has become a very friendly coworker.

What needs improvement?

There should be a hierarchical structure among the filters so that when applying the main ones, they will cover all of the objects in the dashboard. The filter should also be applied to the labels as opposed to only the data.

There should be more types of graphics available for use in the reports.

You should be able to combine graphics, especially for presenting modeling and statistical evaluations. For the same reason, more scientific and statistical formulas should be available.

It should be used to customize and configure graphics.

There need to be more models of widgets. At a minimum, it should be possible to have two data columns in the same widget.

I have been using Zoho Reports for three weeks.

Previously, I built reports using Excel, plus VBA or SQL.

I just finished the free evaluation period that was provided by Zoho. I am planning to try Google Data Studio once Deepdive has a G Suite account.

What other advice do I have?

Zoho is very easy to interact with and you may not have the desire to try other solutions, but I recommend that you do.

Private Cloud