Zoho Reports Review
Makes it easier and quicker for us to create insightful visualisations

What is our primary use case?

We use Zoho Reports for process, organisational analysis, and improvement. This means bringing in different data related to an organisational process and structure, including roles, responsibilities, systems, data, etc. We use the visualisations to identify trends and outliers in the data which helps us to find improvement opportunities.

How has it helped my organization?

Zoho Reports makes it easier and quicker for us to create insightful visualisations. It is much easier than downloading the data, then wrestling with Excel. The interactive visualisations can be shared very easily with colleagues and customers. It has made things easier and allowed us to deliver more value to our customers.

What is most valuable?

The report builder is very simple to use, and is one of the most intuitive that I have used. It is not as comprehensive as some, especially the more expensive tools, but that is the beauty of it; the simplicity. The integration interface is very easy to use and allows you to directly connect to a variety of APIs.

What needs improvement?

It would be great to have more user input fields which can be used on dashboards. For example, variables or sliders that can be used to change assumptions which have been made in the analysis.

Some more graphical options would also be great.

We have seen a couple of bugs, but they were resolved very quickly. We found information on the bugs in the support portal.

Our usage is fairly limited in terms of the amount of data that we use.

There is a good support portal. Questions are answered quickly. Their team is happy to jump on a WebEx to help you out, if necessary,

I have used TIBCO Spotfire and Qlik Sense in the past. Both are great tools, but cost was the main factor, and Zoho Reports did everything that we needed.

The initial setup is very simple. Although, if you need to do more than the most basic reports, then a knowledge of SQL is useful.

We implemented using an internal team.

An exact ROI is hard to calculate. However, we have definitely made sales that would have been much harder, or unlikely, as a result of the speed with which we were able to prepare comprehensive analysis.

I would recommend looking at your usage and whether the Zoho One license model would work for your organisation. It is very cost effective if you use other Zoho tools.

Only previous used tools and MS Excel.

What other advice do I have?

Setting it up is pretty easy.