ZoneAlarm Review

Cost effective, regularly updated, and is very easy to use

What is our primary use case?

We are using ZoneAlarm Antivirus + Firewall for our employees who have BYOD devices. It is implemented at our one small branch office, where we do not want to purchase it because this is a temporary location.

This is a free version that lets us protect our users with CheckPoint security.

ZoneAlarm provides us with very good security and we are using both of the modules. This includes antivirus as well as firewall features, and it is very easy and stable for us.

We are doing regular scanning of our employees' BYOD devices and it's updated regularly.

How has it helped my organization?

Our organization does not want to purchase a new CheckPoint hardware firewall but we still want to protect our users or employees and their BYOD devices with it. This is why we started using the free CheckPoint ZoneAlarm solution.

In today's scenario, it is helpful to have this kind of solution, which is freely available in the market. It is only CheckPoint that offers this type of leverage to secure our organization freely.

What is most valuable?

This Zone Alarm Firewall & Antivirus is freely available, so we can use it without investing dollars or rupees. Once you are satisfied, you can buy additional features because this option also available.

This antivirus is regularly updated, and the updates can be scheduled.

What needs improvement?

Currently, the client is only available for the Windows Operating System but it would be good if it were released for Mac OS as well.

There is no centralized management available, so this is something that I would like to see in the future.

We have been using ZoneAlarm for more than six months.

This is the solution only we used for our small office.

This is a freeware product and I recommend using it.

We did not evaluate other options.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, this is a great solution and I personally recommend it.

Find out what your peers are saying about Check Point, Microsoft, Broadcom and others in Anti-Malware Tools. Updated: August 2021.
534,468 professionals have used our research since 2012.