Zoom Review

The Whiteboard feature enables meetings in which everyone can join to type, draw, and write

What is our primary use case?

We use Zoom for our internal meetings and meetings with customers. We also use this platform for our training programs. For internal meetings, we use it through our internal network. For the training, we use the public network. Since we have the COVID-19 situation, we cannot have a meeting or training face to face, so we select this platform instead of Skype for Business which lacks features we expected and has a slow network. Mostly, our meeting size might be 3 to 20, and the training might be 10 to more than 100 people.

How has it helped my organization?

Showing our faces helps this COVID-19 circumstance to feel that we are not alone and we can easily access and communicate with each other. We do not have a limitation for our communication. We can communicte with each other anywhere and anythime. However, we have a security issue and cannot use some of the features from our company network. One example is that we cannot share the internal use only files because the file sharing feature through our network cannot use it. That made us choose another platform.

What is most valuable?

Whiteboard is a good feature for having a meeting in which everyone can join to type or draw, and write. If we have a brainstorming-type meeting, we can share our own ideas with the whiteboard.

Breakout room helps us to set the group discussion during the training. Before this platform, we have to design the multi-network to achieve this situation.

Icon status chat helps if the participants have any questions or any comments the facilitator can see through the features. These features are important because the facilitator cannot see their face directly so we cannot see their expression and never know whether they understand what the facilitator says.

What needs improvement?

Security is the biggest concern issue right now, otherwise, we cannot use this platform in our organization. That situation will affect our meeting and training infrastructure. Our use is not only communication but also sharing useful documents and ideas.

They should improve the sharing file features from accessing the internal network. If we cannnot share our documents through this meeting, our meeting productivity will decrease dramatically. We need these features.

We need features like a dashboard type for the whiteboard. After moving to the breakout room, they can write or create some outputs on the whiteboard. However, after moving back to the main room, they cannot share the outputs. If it is a text, we might paste and copy but it is not user-friendly.

I have been using Zoom for one month.

We are considering some of them like WebEx, MS Teams because it solves our issues.

The use case and size will matter to the organization.

Hybrid Cloud
More Zoom reviews from users
...who compared it with Skype for Business
Learn what your peers think about Zoom. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: August 2021.
534,226 professionals have used our research since 2012.