Zoom Review

Very user friendly, easy to share screens, and lots of useful features

What is our primary use case?

I primarily use the solution for remote meetings.

My typical use case is doing product tours, as well as tool connections, and explainer videos for how to use dashboards for our product. I teach people through virtual training.

How has it helped my organization?

Technically, the solution hasn't changed the way I work so much. I've been remote since before COVID-19 and all my work is being handled in the same way as it was before. However, I'm very aware that for everyone else in the world it's probably changed the way meetings are traditionally handled.

We have a technical product that is quite complicated to understand without being able to visually see and walk people through it and show them how to use it. Zoom makes it possible to do visual training. Instead of being in there face to face, however, we're able to actually just walk them through each training session and new users can ask questions, and dive deep into the product to understand it better.

What is most valuable?

I like being able to record the sessions if I need to. I also like the option to annotate.

The options to add polls and share screens are great.

There are lots of great features available to every user.

It's pretty user friendly and easy for people to use. All the clients I have say they don't typically have any problems getting into it or using it. It's great in that respect.

What needs improvement?

I would say the polls need improvement.

When you're using the video, there's a little dialogue box that pops up. It's annoying to everybody who uses Zoom. It would be nice if it had some more features for driving interaction and engagement during meetings. However, they need to make sure the dialog box is up there in a more convenient way.

How they have the gallery aligned when someone is sharing a screen isn't ideal right now. If there were more options on how to arrange it, would be ideal.

The ability to make it easier for poll creation and usage would be helpful. If I make a poll, I want it to be accessible to all my different meetings, not just that one meeting. Right now, it's a lot of extra work due to the fact that I have to continuously re-create it every time I need it.

I have been using the solution for at least a year, or, maybe at this point, two.

I haven't had any problems with stability. It's actually been much more stable than the other five different conferencing tools I have used. I'm happy with that. It's quite reliable.

We only have 16 users on the solution at this time. That's everyone in our organization.

We use the solution often, however, since everyone is already on it in our organization, we don't have plans to scale more or increase usage. We're already at 100% usage.

From day one, we've been using video conferencing as our main method of communication.

I've never had to reach out to technical support. I have a background in IT, so my instinct, if I run into issues, is to figure everything out myself. I can't speak to the quality of their service since I've never dealt with them.

I've tried about five other solutions, and Zoom, by far, has been the most stable and reliable.

The initial setup is pretty straightforward in some ways. However, it's not intuitive per se. It's straightforward once you're aware of it, and yet, there are a lot of features I didn't even know were there until I did some research. It wasn't obvious from how they have their website set up. You have to really dig for features. I found it only after six months or a year into using it.

We currently use the business account on Zoom. I'm not sure of what the exact costs are to use the solution. The pricing, as I understand it, is very straightforward. There might be just one add-on cost, which would be for users who would like to join in or talk via toll-free dialing.

What other advice do I have?

We're just a customer. We don't have a professional relationship with Zoom.

In terms of advice for implementing the solution, I would probably just say make sure that new users go into the settings within their account and see what they have turned on and off. For instance, I just told my CEO and a couple of the other executives about the option to annotate because I assumed that they knew that was possible. They didn't.

There's also the capability of using a whiteboard. There are a bunch of other really great features that are available as well that are not obvious at first. Users need to just go in through their account settings and click on everything and set the account up in ways that are convenient for them depending on what they're trying to accomplish.

It's strange that the majority of the cool features are by default disabled, so users have to go in and become familiar with them on the back end. Everyone needs to take the time to make sure you really play around with it, or go to the help center and watch some videos, and read some of the articles to see what's available.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten.

More Zoom reviews from users
...who compared it with Skype for Business
Learn what your peers think about Zoom. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2021.
456,966 professionals have used our research since 2012.