Zoom Review

Simple to use, cost-effective, and is highly available to everybody

What is our primary use case?

I am primarily using Zoom for web-based training. I'm providing it as part of my job or instead, learning myself. Right now, I am taking Excel training.

What is most valuable?

The biggest advantage with Zoom, compared to other similar products, is the simplicity.

There are a large number of users because it is very accessible to people in organizations. Other similar products are sometimes blocked but so far, we have not had any firewall-related issues with Zoom.

What needs improvement?

We would like to have the ability to connect people using phone numbers so that non-Zoom users can join conversations. For example, on my side, I can be using Zoom but on the other side, the person is using their phone.

Integration with Microsoft products such as Outlook would be great.

I began using Zoom within the past three or four months.

Zoom is very stable.

The scalability seems pretty good and we haven't faced any issues. We have had training seminars with more than 60 participants and everybody was successful. Nobody reported any technical issues.

I have not faced any technical issues and have not had to contact support.

Our main tools for internal communication at the company are Microsoft Teams and Skype. Zoom is mainly used for training sessions and does not have as many users. I am not aware of any plan to increase our usage of it.

The popularity of Zoom is the primary reason that we switch to using it for training sessions. It is accessible by everybody because it's a free tool.

The initial setup is straightforward. I received a link to join a meeting, the software downloaded, and everything was fine. There was nothing special and I didn't have any problems.

We have a few people who are responsible for maintenance.

Zoom can be used for free.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is considering Zoom is that it's a great tool, I don't have any complaints, and I recommend it.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

More Zoom reviews from users
...who compared it with Skype for Business
Learn what your peers think about Zoom. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
536,114 professionals have used our research since 2012.