Zoom Review

Grid-view, selective muting, and audio-only options have helped continue work when we can't meet in person

What is our primary use case?

I mostly use the software for lectures and it has been really helpful. I use it for group studies, assignments, and business meetings.

My team and I had to finish a project within that period and since we couldn't meet, we usually collaborated on Zoom. We met with ourselves and sometimes with our supervisor and we were able to finish the project days before the lockdown was lifted. We were happy that we were able to achieve this goal, as it was very difficult for others.

How has it helped my organization?

Since the lockdown began and my partners and I were not able to step out for business meetings, Zoom came in handy and we were able to accomplish many feats within that period. These included project management, project completion, and project counseling.

Now, we don't have to go out and meet unless it cannot be avoided. With the inception of Zoom, we are able to collaborate anytime, anywhere, any day. We are able to achieve just as much as we would have if we were meeting and sometimes we are able to get a lot more done.

What is most valuable?

The grid view option is great, as you get to see everyone who is in the video conference at the same time.

I like the feature that you can select a particular member and see them on the full screen.

Video conferencing is great but Zoom has been on a different level. I like that feature that gives the host permission to mute everyone except themselves, and then unmute them anytime they need someone to talk

In order to save bandwidth, the feature of turning off video has been really great. We can switch them to audio-only when the video is not necessary.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see something like a virtual board or conference room where participants are seated around a virtual table, and pictures of them sitting on the chair or an avatar that the user can choose and control within that virtual world. This would allow the participants to somehow move around, talk to others privately just like you'd meet someone at the office, or talk to colleagues before a conference or board meeting starts.

Being able to edit Google Docs in Zoom would be helpful. For example, co-editing a file with a colleague using Zoom would be nice.

I've started using zoom since the first pandemic was initiated and I've been using it ever since.

More Zoom reviews from users
...who compared it with Skype for Business
Learn what your peers think about Zoom. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: August 2021.
533,285 professionals have used our research since 2012.