Zoom Review

Ease to use, good performance, and it's compatible with most browsers and devices

What is our primary use case?

We needed a solution where we could do presentations and have video discussions, and be seamlessly integrated with my Google Calendar. We can have video discussions with customers where we can showcase our solutions.

How has it helped my organization?

Zoom allows me to easily set up meetings using my email address contacts, and I don't have to use a third-party console. For example, I had a meeting today with about 55 people and it was easy, with no issues.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the compatibility with most browsers and multiple devices.

It has decent performance on Android and iOS devices, where people can seamlessly log in to meetings.

It is very quick to get a meeting started.

What needs improvement?

I would like to have a local call-in number for India because as it is now, there is no call-in support for participants in India.

Technical support is in need of improvement.

Better integration with our service desk, helpdesk, and product management applications is something that they need to focus on. Ideally, Zoom would be a single app for not just video conferencing but also in-house messaging, in conjunction with the service desk tools, to field requests as we do in Slack.

I have been using Zoom for two years.

In my experience, Zoom has been stable. I have not had an instance where Zoom has crashed. At this point, we are using Zoom once or twice per day.

I am not sure about scalability. I think that there are different plans.

We have a user base of 1,000 but we have not had calls with greater than 80 people at once. With 80 people, it was fine.

The support is something that we are not fully satisfied with, and it can get better.

They need to focus on localized support.

We have used Slack in the past.

The licensing is based on the size of the team.

We evaluated multiple options and found that Zoom is the easiest one to use.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is considering this solution is that if they are looking for a decent web conferencing system then it works well. However, for anything more than that, one should really look around. The product is positioned for conferencing as opposed to messaging.

Overall, this is a good web conferencing solution but I would like to see messaging capability, localized numbers for India, and localized support as well. I also want to see better integration with business applications.

More Zoom reviews from users