Zoom Review

Good for virtual meetings, but the security and privacy aspects need to be improved

What is our primary use case?

We are using Zoom for virtual meetings.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is video conferencing.

What needs improvement?

The security needs to be enhanced. A third-party security audit needs to be completed, and the privacy clauses in their contracts need to be changed.

Zoom is an immature product that is not yet stable.

We have only been using Zoom for a short time.

Zoom is not a stable product. Rather, it is an immature product.

This solution can be scalable but I have not used it for a huge audience so I am not sure.

We are also using Skype for Business for our virtual meetings. Because of issues that we have discovered in Zoom, we have limited our usage of it in the company.

The reason we are using Zoom is that Skype for Business is not installed on all of our employee accounts. In the future, we will only be using Skype for Business.

Zoom is available with an open license that can support meetings of up to 40 minutes.

What other advice do I have?

This solution works for video conferencing but it needs improvement in terms of privacy and security.

I would rate this solution a six out of ten.

More Zoom reviews from users
...who compared it with Skype for Business
Learn what your peers think about Zoom. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
536,114 professionals have used our research since 2012.