Zscaler Cloud Application Control Review

Filters well, with good whitelisting/blacklisting capabilities and installs easily on endpoints

What is our primary use case?

The tool is a proxy service that provides inspection of URL filtering for internet access. We have probably 20 or 30 different vendors that we work with in regards to carriers. These are all providers that we use that work in conjunction with that platform. It's an agent that's installed on all of our endpoints. We whitelist and blacklist and we allow certain websites, et cetera, using this product.

What is most valuable?

Overall, the solution does a pretty good job at web filtering.

The solution does a good job of allowing us to choose what to whitelist and blacklist.

The agent easily installs on the endpoints.

What needs improvement?

The solution needs to offer better scalability.

The product needs SAML integration. That's something they should work to add in future releases.

It needs to offer SSO, single sign-on, and items of that nature.

The product needs greater zero-trust. They need to focus more on zero-trust relationships.

I have been using the solution for about three and a half years at this point. It's been a while.

The scalability is a weak point right now. Its scaling capabilities are lacking, and we'd like to see that improve in the future.

The solution is basically an agent that is installed on endpoints in order to provide security. It's not overly complicated.

What other advice do I have?

We are not using the latest version of the solution. Currently, for example, we are one version back on that, as we don't typically do the most current version.

I'd rate the solution at a nine out of ten. We've, for the most part, been quite happy with its capabilities and the level of security it provides to us.

Private Cloud
Find out what your peers are saying about Zscaler, Carbon Black, Ivanti and others in Application Control. Updated: June 2021.
521,690 professionals have used our research since 2012.