Zscaler Internet Access Review

Protect users from internet threats no matter where in the world they are

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use this web security solution to protect our users in remote locations or branches from internet threats. It is very important for our organization to protect our users, even if they are not connected to our network.

How has it helped my organization?

Zscaler Web Security protects our users in remote locations from internet threats even if they are not connected to our network.

What is most valuable?

What I like most about Zscaler Web Security is that we can have our users protected from internet threats and viruses even when they're not connected to our network. I love the fact that it enables us to create whitelists and blacklists based on specific users. These features are extremely important to us and that is what we like most about this solution.

What needs improvement?

The reporting could be improved to make it a little bit easier. When it comes to individual users, I'd like to see easy reporting that can be shared with executives. Due to my technical background I don't have issues to understand the reporting.

However, if I have to give a report to an executive to read, he may find it too confusing. He wants to see something simplistic that contains information like what the user's access time was, how long the user spent time on the site, which sites was visited, what they did etc. The current reports can, therefore, be somewhat improved and simplified.

Another thing that I would like to see is if Zscaler could have a separate product for direct access. I looked at a private access solution, but I understand there's a separate product that isn't integrated with this.

We've been using Zscaler Web Security for five years now.

We've never experienced any outages or other problems since we started using this solution, so I believe it is very stable and secure.

I think it scaled quite well. We are currently using it in a small organization with about 250 users, and I would say it will scale as our company grows.

We've used the technical support on occasion, and they were excellent.

We bought Zscaler Web Security through our Internet Service Provider, so they handled most of the setup. So, from our part, it was quite straightforward.

Our Internet Service Provider is a reseller, and they helped with the installation and setup. Their level of expertise was outstanding. Maintenance and deployment will be easy to manage and I believe one person will be able to handle it. It won't be a full-time job.

Although I can't put a figure to it, we've definitely seen a return on our investment.

Our monthly fee is around R3000 and I think it is very reasonable.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to other users would be to determine if the reporting meets their requirements. They should get their whitelists, blacklists, groups and active directory set up properly before trying to implement it because it has a very strong integration with the active directory. Therefore, if you have your active directory well set up, you can classify your users and create groups as to who can go where and who can do what on the internet.

If I have to rate this product, I will give it a nine out of ten - simply because I never give anything a ten.