Zscaler Internet Access Review

Protects from malware and malicious attacks but it needs better integration

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of this solution is for the protection from malware and malicious attacks. We also use it for bandwidth control to compare business and individual use. We use it in conjunction with Palo Alto.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is bandwidth control. It has good traffic visibility.

What needs improvement?

The implementation process needs improvement. Even if you have implemented it, it doesn't mean that it is done, you have to pay for the service afterward. It's not a one-shot implementation, you need to spend some more effort on it afterward.

It also needs better integration with other applications as well. There are some restrictions.

I would like to see them incorporate a user ID or application ID in the next release of this solution.

I have been using Zscaler for around eight months.

Since you need to maintain it the maintenance payout is not that good. I cannot say that it's stable.

In my company, we have around five thousand users, but just the main account would be around three thousand.

It works every day and it's protecting against the attacks and so we are using on a daily basis.

I would rate their technical a four out of five, based on my experience with some support cases. Their support is good.

The initial setup was okay but the problem is that afterward, you have to put in more time and money.

We used a consultant for the deployment.

It's not an expensive solution but it is more expensive than some of its competitors. The licensing model is good if you pay for the medium-level licensing model. We get many features with the license but if you would like to integrate with other things, you have to spend time and money for the maintenance but other than that you don't have to buy additional new licenses.

What other advice do I have?

It was also one of four other products I believe but the Zscaler I can say that for bandwidth control, it is good, so we are not using at the moment data loss prevention feature so I cannot comment on that, but I believe, when you use Zscaler, you are not protected from all malware and malicious attacks, so you may need another tool just to cover these gaps. Zscaler is not enough for advanced protection. You need an additional tool.

Bandwidth control, reporting, and visibility are good but the cloud-based and the advanced protection aren't so great so I would give it a six out of ten.