Zscaler Private Access Review

Big lack of support for SCMP network systems and the bandwidth speeds are limited

What is our primary use case?

When I am outside of the company, I use Zscaler Private Access. I use Zscaler Private Access in the home, hotel, or wherever for remote working. It is a VPN.

How has it helped my organization?

We have a minimum of three to five thousand users minimum supported with Zscaler Private Access. It could be much more. They use it in the same way that I am using it.

We have more solutions for connection with third party suppliers where we include contacts.

What is most valuable?

The only advantage I see is no more connection is required by the users. It is attached to the single-side logon with our key directory. That is the most valuable feature.

With AT&T, we had another way to connect with the user. We had no single-side logon solution. Zscaler Private Access is a single-side logon solution.

We don't need to connect anymore. It is automatically connected when you log on in Windows. That is the only advantage I see because it is a bit slower.

What needs improvement?

We are supporting our supply-chain in India. Our connections through Zscaler have degraded drastically. Improvements are required in speed and bandwidth.

The biggest disadvantage is there are no SCMP network layers available. The older network connection checks cannot be done because it's not included in the solution.

We are programming our old solutions and they have not included support for legacy Windows. This is a huge disadvantage for me.

SCMP support would be one of the biggest improvements in my opinion. More speed improvements are also required. Very simple.

If I need to monitor a third party supplier, if I have no SCMP, I cannot do the monitoring.

Some data may be cached if it is not available. This another important issue we have which needs to be improved, i.e. when the availability is not given the cache should not be used.

At least we need Zscaler Private Access to make sure that the cache represents what is available to the users.

We have only three months experience with Zscaler Private Access.

I am not involved in technical support for Zscaler Private Access. I create a ticket in our technical system and wait for an answer. I am still a project leader for this.

Everything is predefined so there is no mistake possible. Zscaler Private Access is attached to the active directory user. It is very easy. It is good.

We deployed with a system and it went very quick. It's a cloud solution. There is no private software to set up. Zscaler Private Access is quite easy and convenient in this way.

The installation was done at the global level. We did not use a reseller. Our company has since been merged with another corporation. We have now ninety thousand employees.

I was not involved in the choice of the solution. This was decided by our global network people.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from one to ten, I would rate Zscaler Private Access at only a three or four.

The biggest disadvantage is the lack of SCMP network systems.  Also, the quality of the bandwidth is limited. We use normal internet access, not a fiber-optic line.

The difference is huge, like flying in first-class vs. economy class. We stay in the economy class. The commercial company is saving money, but the end-user has lost the experience.