Zudy VINYL Review

Enables us to map data across different environments but the UI needs work

What is our primary use case?

I'm a back-end database developer. Our primary work is data migration. We're running between ten and 15 applications through VINYL.

How has it helped my organization?

Up until now we have had only certain functions supported across different databases, some 50 to 60 functions. We needed an option to create new functions. VINYL is helping us to add additional logic. It's making our work simpler at times.

What is most valuable?

VINYL works across different data sources. It is very useful to be able to map the data across different data sources and different environments. It is also very easy to develop small applications within a short span of time.

In addition, it is easy to use. It took about a week for me to analyze how VINYL performs on different applications, how the logic is written inside. Its backend is .NET.

What needs improvement?

Version 2.3 has a good UI but we want a more customizable UI.

It has given us good performance handling APIs, handling different data sources, handling different file structures, and handling email servers. The performance depends on our servers but it's quite good.

Scalability is on the database side, so it's not a problem.

Tech support comes back to us with good ideas. Their suggestions, at times, are very helpful for us in making decisions because they have been working at Zudy for a long time. Sometimes their views are different and that is very helpful. They communicate very well with us and that is keeping us on track regarding the timeline in which we want to achieve things. We're getting good initiative from them also.

We did not have a previous solution. We were in need of a good rapid application development software which could easily be handled by two or three people in terms of maintenance. We wanted something that is easy to understand. And we also went with VINYL because it is really user-friendly.

The initial setup is okay. But we needed Zudy staff to guide us on the first setup we did. We communicate with them to help stand up servers on our side, new servers like sandboxes and the like. In such cases, we will generally get help from the Zudy team.

Overall, the setup is 50-50, complex and straightforward. The deployment took about four hours. Implementation of VINYL depends on domain.

The pricing is moderate. It's okay.

What other advice do I have?

A full-stack developer can easily understand VINYL because it covers almost all areas of development. We can develop our own code and push it inside VINYL. If a database developer goes into VINYL, he's used to a different set of rules, a different set of charts, etc. So that is different. This tool is particularly suited for a full-stack developer.

We have some 1,000 users of VINYL. The deployment took just one person within our company. Two people are enough for maintenance of the solution. For us, it is maintained by our solution architect and senior solution architect.

Our future plan is to enhance more applications inside VINYL. The current applications that we are taking care of have some bugs that we're looking into, to make sure everything looks good. VINYL is helping to implement the process quickly.

I would rate VINYL at seven out of ten. We still need some more improvements inside, as I mentioned, such as the UI. In coming versions, I'm sure this product will rock. It's continuing to develop and mature.

Create Enterprise Apps without Code

Find out more about how Zudy VINYL's code-free platform can speed up your enterprise application development process. Contact Zudy to find out more.