3CX Live Chat OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

3CX Live Chat is #1 ranked solution in top IP PBX systems, #1 ranked solution in top Unified Communications tools, #1 ranked solution in top Live Chat tools, and #3 ranked solution in top Virtual Meetings tools. IT Central Station users give 3CX Live Chat an average rating of 10 out of 10. 3CX Live Chat is most commonly compared to Yeastar K2:3CX Live Chat vs Yeastar K2. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 36% of all views.
What is 3CX Live Chat?

Connect with your website visitors for free with the 3CX Live Chat plugin. With more than 1,900,000 downloads, 3CX Live Chat is the most popular, effective and reliable live chat plugin for WordPress. Increase conversions and boost customer satisfaction by communicating directly with your website visitors in real-time.

Integrate with 3CX for a multichannel communications suite including voice and video (requires 3CX V16). Get 3CX for free for one year for unlimited users hosted by 3CX, in your own cloud account or on-premise on Windows or Linux.

• Easy and convenient for visitors
  • Build rapport with potential customers via live chat
  • Increase sales
  • Reduce customer support line costs by using live chat
  • Learn to understand the pain points of your customers

FEATURES

• Simple and clean UI for all users
  • Option to elevate a live chat to a call or video call
  • Free iOS or Android apps to respond to messages through a smartphone
  • Ability to transfer chats to other agents
  • Agent’s picture is shown in the live chatbox
  • Customizable chatbox. Add a company logo, change the colors of the chatbox
  • All chats are saved in chat history
  • Dedicated storage system for all offline messages
  • Create unlimited agents to handle live chats and calls
  • Customizable offline message form
  • Supports animations in the chatbox
  • Ability to choose whether you want to accept or decline a chat

Download the Virtual Meetings Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2021

3CX Live Chat Customers

Wilson Sporting Goods, Pepsi, Schlumberger, American Express, Boeing, StarTribune, McDonalds, Drayton Manor Theme Park, InterContinental Hotels & Resorts, Hugo Boss, Clearswift, The University of North Carolina, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, The Ohio State University, Zehnder, Turkish Airlines, Harley Davidson, Mitsubishi, Ramada Plaza, Carlsberg, RE/MAX.

3CX Live Chat Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about 3CX Live Chat pricing:
  • "The price of the solution has been reasonable. We have not had any problems or complaints with the licensing model. We have not reached a point where we need to upgrade. We have all the correct channels."
  • "We used a yearly license depending on the customer's requirements, and the customers did not complain about the pricing."
  • "We have purchased an annual license to use 3CX Live Chat. There are different options available, you can pay monthly or yearly. I am completely satisfied with the pricing of 3CX Live Chat, it is cheaper than competitors and it is a better solution."
  • "There aren't any additional costs. With the license I purchased, I have all features that I need. I don't have to buy an add-on or another license."
  • "There is no add-on costing on the standard fees."
  • "The price of the solution is in the middle range compared to other solutions. There are different license options available. For example, there is a professional version and an enterprise version, and with the enterprise version, you have the ability to modify the dashboards. You can purchase a license at many different time frame increments, such as monthly, yearly, or two years."

3CX Live Chat Reviews

RK
Head CX at Tecrivuelt
Any easy-to-use solution that is good for small-scale clients

• "3CX is easy to use. It's pretty a much regular PBX system. It is quite easy to configure aspects of it, and it has a good soft client."
  • "Reporting and integration are the main challenges, which are at the mid-level or in the enterprise depending on the system that we choose."

What is our primary use case?

Normally 3CX is used for enterprise telephony, but for some parts of that, we use separate solutions. We use it along with Zendesk, which is a cloud-based CRM. There are some integrated aspects of it we are also using. We are primarily on Zoom. We do conferences sometimes on 3CX but not often. For enterprise, we have Zoom We started using Zoom much earlier than 3CX, so we continued with that. People are pretty comfortable with Zoom. We have four implementations of 3CX. One has around 200 to 300 extensions running on it. There's one with 700 and another one that is not really in use yet.

How has it helped my organization?

3CX moved to WebRTC, which was not the case earlier. That has kind of given us some kind of flexibility, especially during these lockdowns. Installation of host-based applications or legacy applications on Windows or macOS was becoming a bit of a challenge. WebRTC runs pretty smoothly on every system, which has helped a lot. It is easier to configure, so there is less room for customization unless we perform very specific things.

What is most valuable?

3CX is easy to use. It's pretty a much regular PBX system. It is quite easy to configure aspects of it, and it has a good soft client. The 3CX web client recently started using WebRTC. It's not an extensive or call-centric system with very limited reporting and customization capability. Lately, there have been challenges of integration as well, but then, overall, it's a good system. I would not say that it is great for a large BPO system, but it is good for small-scale systems with a couple hundred extensions.

What needs improvement?

Sometimes we're having some issues where the caller lands into the queue instead of going directly to the extensions, so we're getting a missed call or there might be an issue with IP address level or something. That'll be honest. There are some concerns with respect to that type of integration. Aside from that, the reporting is great. It's a big-time limitation that we see today. We have contracted out to another partner of 3CX to start working on a separate instance of reporting because it is not that flexible.

The partner that we are working with has quite a bit of experience in 3CX, so we don't have many pain points. Reporting and integration are the main challenges, which are at the mid-level or in the enterprise depending on the system that we choose. We have got three or four systems running 3CX and they are connected through a bridge. That's where integration becomes a challenge.

3CX has some other limitations. One of our teams totally stopped using 3CX because couldn't use it to capture the recordings of the conversations they were having with the client and also sync images on HubSpot CRM. 3CX native integration does not make it possible for us to restrict the HubSpot integration to a specific group of extensions. It can only be applied to the entire PBX or it is not applicable at all. On their own, they found another PBX system on the HubSpot marketplace that had native integration with HubSpot and just started using it. That particular system has fewer capabilities than 3CX, but then it has a very nice contemporary interface and it's extremely user-friendly. Also, 3CX no longer offers APIs. In absence of APIs, we can't do a lot of the things we would want to. For example, updating contacts is a limitation for us.

I'm a system integrator and some clients of mine are using 3CX. So I've been consistently using it for three or four years.

I would say that 3CX is quite stable. I haven't experienced abrupt downtime in the system—not that I can recall. One of the reasons why put it on the cloud was to get out of the local management requirements.

We hardly go to 3CX for support because our partner itself is quite sufficient to handle any level 3 request unless it is something very specific. For example, we recently came across challenges with a macOS application. And later we were told that 3CX is withdrawing support for applications on macOS. And then I think 95% of our problems are taken care of by our partner. Documentation is not that great. In fact, many of the finer points we want to figure out on our own are not available, so we have to go to the partner. Because they are experienced in handling some things, they come back with the answers or the solution.

I'm talking about the implementation of 3CX because that's what my clients are using. As for myself, I'm a consultant who helps clients, including telecoms, set up their customer experience systems. If we're talking about my own company and my own experience, then 3CX is one of the experiences. I have experience from very old systems to the latest ones.

We have a third-party company, which is basically a partner of 3CX. So they handle any upgrades or upkeep of the hardware and the PCs and all that. The configuration of 3CX and other aspects is not complex. Deployment took three or four days because you start with the fundamentals, then you start adding modules. You should start with the PBX and then you start putting the contacts to it and configuring.  We didn't do anything big time like switching from one existing system to another.

We have not calculated ROI. I think most of the organization's ROI comes from the things that we are using. Some are a mix of backend management, including security guards. It is not that we are using it for pure processes per se, such as supporting processes for sales or maybe collection. It's not that way. So ROI is different.

The 3CX license it's perpetual, but then you renew it on yearly basis. It's difficult to say if it's priced correctly. The solution that I'm using is purchased by my implementation partner from 3CX. They take 3CX and implement it on the cloud and then charge us. That also includes tech support. To consider it as an individual product of 3CX, I have to go by the limited documentation there we have. The support level is pretty limited for that matter and so are other aspects. So I might not be able to speak directly to that. And from my understanding, the way the licensing scheme is structured is a bit different. It goes like this: If you have eight, you can move from eight to 16. From 16 it goes to 32. From 32 you can only go up to 64, not 40.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it eight out of 10. If you're considering 3CX you have to look at your ecosystem with an eye toward integration. The other aspect to consider is how extensive you want the reporting to be and whether you want a central admin capability in place. Then, there are real-time reports, which are pretty limited today. And you have to have a basic level of understanding to work on the PBX or anything else. It certainly requires training on the product to understand and determine the product views. Otherwise, it's a simple, plain product that anyone can understand.

Google
SteveWalker
Owner at Cerberus IT Solutions
Leaderboard
Overall excellent functionality, beneficial chat features, and straightforward installation

• "The most valuable features of 3CX Live Chat are the ability to go straight to a call or screen-sharing and creating multiple channels from the same chat widget effectively. The ability to raise a call straight out to the cloud is fantastic, it is really useful. Additionally, it integrates very well with WordPress."
  • "3CX Live Chat could improve by being more customizable. There should be more skinning options for the appearance of the solution when we embed it onto a website. This would allow us to make it look more like part of our solution, rather than a third-party application."

What is our primary use case?

We use 3CX Live Chat for customer support. It is one of the touchpoints we have enabled, allowing customers to jump straight into a chat from our in-house order management platform, and via our website. You have some customers who will come in via the website, and those are more sales-related inquiries. We have enabled a live chat channel as one of the support options which allows customers who are using the platform that is struggling, to initiate a support chat with one of the team. After the chat, if the customer felt that you needed additional assistance, you could then, using the 3CX platform, jump from a chat environment into a call and a screen share.

How has it helped my organization?

One of the biggest benefits of using 3CX Live Chat in our organization is it just works. It does not require a massive amount of technical know-how in configuring it. The guides produced by 3CX are very clear, and feedback from customers is good. It is convenient and it does what it needs to do, which is fantastic. The solution has been a very good fit-out of the box, and we are very pleased with it.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of 3CX Live Chat is the ability to jump from live chat to a phone call or screen-sharing session without leaving the 3CX Live Chat application.

We found the integration into WordPress a bonus as that is our chosen web development platform, the integration was quick, seamless and worked as desired.

What needs improvement?

3CX Live Chat could improve by being more customizable. There should be more skinning options for the appearance of the solution when we embed it onto a website. This would allow us to make it look more like part of our solution, rather than a third-party application.

In an upcoming release, the solution could benefit by having a multiple chat view for a manager or administrators to allow them to see all the chats that were going on. This would give them an idea of the capacity and availability because this is one area it is not easy to see.

The switchboard and the wallboard give a brilliant overview, but they do not take into account chats. I have not found a way to do it. You might have a scenario where you have six agents on chat, and two on the phone, you would not necessarily see that those agents were on a chat at a glance.

I have been using 3CX Live Chat for approximately three years.

We have never had a problem with our 3CX platform. We have never had a problem with the deployment, integration, or functionality. Everything has worked very well.

We have not experienced any problems with the scalability of 3CX Live Chat. For the number of agents and users that we have that used it, we have not run into any capacity problems.

We have two teams of 10, totaling 20 users using the solution. They are not all using the solution at the same time, they tend to rotate around.

We have not had any problems with the need to contact 3CX Live Chat technical support. Between the 3CX support forums or our telephony partner, we have not run into any issues where we have needed assistance beyond what we received.

The installation of 3CX Live Chat is very straightforward. It was on the website extremely quickly and then we added it into our order management platform without any difficulty. The overall process took three to five days maximum. This included everything, getting it up and running, and ironing out any quirks that were found during testing. It was quick and convenient.

We try to move people towards self-service, our goals are to make chat the first point of contact rather than phoning or emailing. While using the chat we can filter it out and escalate it if we want to. We would prefer this to the customer phoning for assistance.

We use one person who did the website code, and one other from the development team that dealt with the telephony. The management produced the scope of who would be in chat and so forth, but the actual physical deployment was only two people. It was very easy and does not require any maintenance that we are aware of. However, there have been updates to the solution but we have not any issues with them. Everything has always worked well.

We have received a return on our investment by purchasing this solution. We have omnichannel support and we have noticed on the channels where we have deployed it, there has been a reduction in phone calls made inbound, and an increase in support turnaround. We have been able to resolve cases quicker where we have been able to chat in real-time about a problem.

The price of the solution has been reasonable. We have not had any problems or complaints with the licensing model. We have not reached a point where we need to upgrade. We have all the correct channels.

Before choosing 3CX Live Chat we looked at a couple of other solutions. We were going to choose WhatsApp which many other organizations are using but we already had 3CX Telephony, and it made sense to integrate into what we already had. We were familiar with the platform and we were comfortable working with it, which meant we felt it would be a quicker deployment.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend to others wanting to implement 3CX Live Chat having a partner show them all of the options because there are quite a lot of options that you might only discover once you have the solution running. I would not hesitate in recommending it to anyone. Deploy it, use it, and then gain the benefits of having it.

One of the biggest lessons we have learned from using 3CX Live Chat is we should have used it earlier. We should not have hesitated and deployed it. It is a great solution.

I rate 3CX Live Chat a nine out of ten.

Find out what your peers are saying about 3CX, Zoom Video Communications, Microsoft and others in Virtual Meetings. Updated: November 2021.
554,873 professionals have used our research since 2012.
SM
Strategic Partner at East Kentucky Telecom Inc.
SMS integration streamlines customer support, improves response times

• "The integration with SMS has been helpful. That's how a lot of customers prefer to communicate nowadays. It makes it convenient for the customer to reach us."
  • "Message management in 3CX Live Chat is a little tricky. You can transfer a conversation to someone else if it comes into a group, but it isn't always easy to return the conversation to the group."

What is our primary use case?

We use 3CX to answer customer questions through the website or text. Our main published number is attached to the messaging system, so we encourage customers to text the main number. Customers can use that as the main point of contact. There's a button on the website where you can click to chat with a customer service representative or send an SMS to the main number. It all also goes through the 3CX Live Chat service.

We have a couple of dozen employees using it in some form. That includes everything from frontline customer service to technical people and billing.

How has it helped my organization?

3CX Live Chat has improved response times. When customers have issues or questions, you need to get answers quickly and easily. On a phone conversation, you can sometimes get bogged down in a lot of superfluous details. With texting, that doesn't seem to happen as much. You can respond quickly, and one representative can take care of many customers through the messaging app, so you can multiply one person's efforts. So our customers are receiving a much greater level of customer service since we started using the chat option.

What is most valuable?

The integration with SMS has been helpful. That's how a lot of customers prefer to communicate nowadays. It makes it convenient for the customer to reach us. It's about meeting your customers halfway so that you can communicate with them as efficiently as possible.

What needs improvement?

Message management in 3CX Live Chat is a little tricky. You can transfer a conversation to someone else if it comes into a group, but it isn't always easy to return the conversation to the group. It's easy to transfer the chat to another individual, but if you need to get it back out to the group because it's something that everyone needs to see, then that part isn't as easy as it should be.

The messages go into a queue, and the first person to respond becomes the owner of the message. But sometimes, we need to get that message back out into the queue, and there's no good way to do that. So, that's one software upgrade that I would like to see. In the next implementation, they should make it a little easier to manage the messages.

I've been using 3CX Live Chat for probably six months now.

3CX Live Chat has been absolutely rock solid. We've had no issues at all.

Live Chat is absolutely scalable. One of the reasons we use 3CX is that the license allows an unlimited number of extensions, so we can put as many people as we want on the solution. So it's highly effective from that standpoint.

The solution is minimalistic, so it takes few people to support it. It's clean and works really well.

We previously used a solution called WeText.Pro, but we switched because it simplified everything for our people. Instead of using two apps to accomplish the same thing, we could integrate it into the one that we were already using the most. So, it made everything much more straightforward for all the users. Live Chat offers easier message management, better notifications, and better integration with something we were already using. The last one was the deciding factor.

The initial setup of 3CX Live Chat is effortless. We had it up and running in a matter of minutes. I was pleased with that. It's super simple to set up and configure. Total deployment time was maybe 45 minutes. So, the chat solution works through the 3CX web app and also through the desktop app. Our people are already using 3CX, so it was just an add-on. Because they were already accustomed to using the 3CX app, it was more convenient than looking for another app to handle the chat feature. So, it's now integrated with the actual phone service. So, it made it a lot easier.

I don't have any numbers in front of me, but the cost of the license and implementation was small, so we've already recouped the money far and above anything that we've spent for the solution.

On a monthly basis, the license costs around $50 a month, and there are no additional fees.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate 3CX Live Chat a 10 out of 10. It's user-friendly and easy to implement. LiveChat makes it easy to respond to your customers and connect with them. It was effortless to deploy and distribute the solution to everybody on staff. I love the product and would highly recommend it. It's a great solution to streamline your customer interaction. If you're looking to combine integrate your voice and messaging applications, this one's kind of hard to beat.

Private Cloud

Other
UJ
Network Engineer
Leaderboard
Is easy to manage and is a very customizable platform

• "With the reporting feature you can get all the incoming and outgoing call details."
  • "Once we establish the system and do the initial configuration, some configurations will be fixed. However, if we need to change those configurations, the option is to do a reinstallation. Otherwise, we cannot do anything."

How has it helped my organization?

The organization had many clients, and It was easy to manage user groups and ring groups, and the queuing feature. So, when a customer calls and asks for an incident or complaint, it's really easy to manage.

What is most valuable?

The dashboard and the reporting feature are somewhat better because the reporting features are used in several instances. One of our clients, a healthcare system provider, needed to know the incoming and outgoing calls and how they will be attended to by their staff. With the reporting feature, you can get all the incoming and outgoing call details.

3CX Live Chat is easy to manage and is a very customizable platform.

It is a stable solution.

The initial setup is straightforward.

What needs improvement?

Specifically in version 16, we had some issues with call parking. It was not easy to add or remove the users to a parking group in a simple way. We would need to change the users of the parking group, which is somewhat hard.

Once we establish the system and do the initial configuration, some configurations will be fixed. However, if we need to change those configurations, the option is to do a reinstallation. Otherwise, we cannot do anything.

We would need the support team to do the reinstallation manually and perform system changes as well. So, if there are missed configurations during the initial steps, then to resolve that we need to reinstall the system or contact 3CX support. The support would be based on system agreements between the company and 3CX.

The 3CX system has an auto-provisioning system for desk phones, but there are a limited set of models that are supported. It is very easy to configure IP phones, but the supported systems are somewhat low. Yealink phones are supported, but some other brands are not supported.

I would like them to include other models or other vendor's phones to work with the auto-provisioning mode. Otherwise, if that model does not support auto-provisioning, we would need to configure that phone manually. However, if it's auto-provisioning, we could just use the URL, and that will reset the phone, and it will configure it by itself.

I used this solution for around five to six months.

For some clients, we deployed 3CX Live Chat on-premises, and for other clients, on the cloud.

It's a reliable solution. When we deployed it in the cloud, either in their cloud or our own cloud platform, it was more reliable.

When it's deployed on-premises, it's somewhat reliable but may affect other factors.

With regard to scalability, some of the plans need to be done before you go with the initial steps. The main thing is the extension amount.

If you currently have two who use it, but then you have 25 or 30 employees that need extensions, then initially you can use the tool to get extensions. However, when the company grows and the employee count increases by 100s or 1000s, it will be somewhat hard. Once defined in the initial step, the extension and limit count cannot be changed. It will be somewhat hard to scale because you need to plan for the future way ahead of time.

We had around 30 to 40 users. They included network engineers, the manager of the network team, system engineers, HR employees, and the chairman of the company.

I'd give technical support a rating of four on a scale from one to five with one being the lowest and five being the highest. Most of the time, they came back to us once we raised the ticket, but I'm not giving them a five because even though they responded in a quick manner, sometimes their response was not related to the question that was raised.

The installation is straightforward, but the only thing is that they use jargon during user configuration that may not be familiar to someone joining from another voice system.

The initial installation took about two hours. The configuration can take longer, about one or two weeks depending on the client, the client provider, and also the client's internal team.

The maintenance was done by the network team, which included four engineers and one manager.

We used a yearly license depending on the customer's requirements.

I did not handle the pricing, but I think the customers were happy with it because we did not get any complaints related to it.

What other advice do I have?

If you are a new entrant to the voice network field, it would be better for you to get some knowledge before implementing the system. With 3CX, they have their own learning materials related to their product.

If you are implementing this system for the production teams, then it would be better to have thorough discussions with those teams about the required factors before installation.

On a scale from one to ten, I would rate this solution at eight.

ShayneTurley
ICT Manager at a manufacturing company with 51-200 employees
Effective mobile accessibility, diverse functionality, and reliable

• "The dashboards and interface of the solution are very good, they have covered most of the main features needed for our needs."
  • "The solution could improve the web meeting feature. There is a lot of competition from all the other applications that are out there, such as Microsoft Teams and Zoom. I find I do not use it that much. I do not know how much effort they are putting into the web meeting part of the program but it could improve."

What is our primary use case?

When I started at the company where I work now they had a software-driven voice-over IP solution or a PBX solution. That was the reason I wanted to move to 3CX, it is a better all-rounder solution. The older system that was on the servers was not able to extend out to the field for the sales reps, nobody outside could access it because there were no Apps. The 3CX was a good choice based on the fact that there is an application available and the reps can start to use it. I can then transfer calls if it comes through to head office. It is a better-unified communication solution. This was the main use that I had for 3CX Live Chat.

How has it helped my organization?

My entire organization is spread out across Australia and with the use of 3CX Live Chat I can access the system through the application on the go from any mobile connection. The employees can use the system and I can transfer calls to my representatives out in the field and we can chat with them.

Another feature that I did enjoy that we started to adopt is the customer service help options into our websites. The communication comes through on the desktop as a chat and whichever service agent is available picks up that chat and can reply to customers directly on the website. This has enhanced our customer service relations. It added another channel that clients can get a hold of us and chat directly with our agents. We have benefitted from the use of 3CX Live Chat.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features of 3CX Live Chat are the mobile phone and desktop application which allows outside-of-office mobility, it is very user-friendly, helpful, and easy to use. On the back end, it is simple to use and navigate. They have put a lot of thought into the management side of it. In the back end, it can handle everything from a central position or central point. There are a lot of features that I do enjoy.

What needs improvement?

Support for more desktop phones as a standard would be helpful. They are heavy on Yealink phones and when moving from legacy systems we find it a bit cumbersome to add those phones on to 3CX and then auto-provisioning becomes quite a task

I have been using 3CX Live Chat for approximately two years.

I have not had issues with the stability of 3CX Live Chat. However, since we are relying on a third party for communication, for example, the internet service provider to supply the connection, I do find it difficult to try and convince end-users and management that if there is an issue that it might not be the application itself; it is most likely the internet connection. If you have line quality issues or network quality issues this could be the cause of the problem but when users have call drops or poor-quality calls they just see it as a holistic solution and say, "Oh, it's a bad system". There are a lot of factors to consider before discrediting the solution.

If there is no internet connection the solution will not work fully. For example, when you are dialing out your outbound and inbound calls will not function. However, certain features will still operate, for example, you can still chat and have internal network calls.

We have approximately 50 users using this solution in my organization.

The target market for this solution is small to medium-sized companies.

I have not used technical support but online there is extensive information for any help topic someone would need.

The initial setup was easy.

We have purchased an annual license to use 3CX Live Chat. There are different options available, you can pay monthly or yearly. I am completely satisfied with the pricing of 3CX Live Chat, it is cheaper than competitors and it is a better solution.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to those wanting to implement the solution is to make sure they have a decent internet service provider. 3CX Live Chat works amazing and having a good connection will allow the best experience while using the solution.

I would recommend this solution to others.

I rate 3CX Live Chat a nine out of ten.

GS
IT Consultant at DirectCall
Reseller
The graphical interface helped me a lot

• "3CX has a graphical user interface, and this is awesome because I don't have to have an IT person from my company in my customer's environment to set up and configure 3CX for my client. I just train the customer."
  • "In 3CX, customization is not as easy as I would like. With 3CX Call Flow Designer, you can set up the flow of a call, deliver it to the department, and automate the process. I can't do many things with this."

What is our primary use case?

I set up 3CX for large corporate clients who use it as their main communication platform for all their branches and offices. These corporations generally have a lot of employees. I set up the preset environment for around 500 to 1,000 extensions per client. One of my customers had upwards of around 3,000 extensions.

What is most valuable?

3CX has a graphical user interface, and this is awesome because I don't have to have an IT person from my company in my customer's environment to set up and configure 3CX for my client. I just train the customer. The graphical user interface helped me a lot because it gave me more time to focus on my business while my customers can do the things that intersect by themselves.

What needs improvement?

In 3CX, customization is not as easy as I would like. With 3CX Call Flow Designer, you can set up the flow of a call, deliver it to the department, and automate the process. I can't do many things with this. It could be easier. I would also like to add an SMS feature. Lots of other Brazilian network operators are integrating SMS into their systems. The failover doesn't work as it should either. I expect it to work automatically, but it doesn't. I have to do the same over again myself. This is something worrying about 3CX.

I've been using 3CX for about 18 months or more.

Scaling up is very easy. I had some cases where I started with 24 simultaneous calls and I had to upgrade to 32 simultaneous calls, and it was very easy. I just changed the configuration and designed new extensions.

I used Asterisk, FreeSWITCH, and Issabel previously but switched to 3CX because of the support and the user-friendly graphical interface. With Asterisk, we had to manually set up the extensions due to our configurations. We don't have this situation with 3CX. It has extension provisioning. We just install the 3CX app on our phones or the computer and scan the QR code, then the extension is ready to go. Support is better, too. When I need support from 3CX, I just send an email to support and they answer quickly. With Asterisk, I have to go to community support for assistance most of the time.

The graphical user interface is easy and user-friendly, but configuring the console is kind of difficult to do. I can set up 3CX systems by myself, and it takes around five business days to design, build and deliver.

Many of my customers cut some costs in their local environment using 3CX because they usually use cell phones for communication. And when they switched to an SAP environment, they saw some cost savings.

I like the prices. I think they're fair and reasonable. There aren't any additional costs. With the license I purchased, I have all features that I need. I don't have to buy an add-on or another license.

What other advice do I have?

My advice is that people should first truly understand their needs. 3CX can help you but you'll really need to understand what you need and then buy the right version for you. 3CX is a great system. My business grew a lot with 3CX, so I am very happy with it.

I would rate 3CX eight out of 10.

DP
Senior manager at a retailer with 10,001+ employees
Leaderboard
Offers committed server integration between video and voice

• "The integration between the video and voice is the most valuable solution."
  • "The analytics need to have a granular depth on how the customer details and the data sends information through this medium."

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution for two things. One is internal communication or the telephones, and the other is B2B business-to-business solution, which is for video or IP for our distributors and the clients.

How has it helped my organization?

Prior to using this solution, there were difficulties with communication between the client and the distributor and our sales team, marketing team. That was improved after deployment of this solution. Because we integrated this voice solution with the video solution, we allow our distributor, our client, customers to log in to our portal to directly interact with our salespersons.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable solution is a committed server, which is integrated with the telephone. So the integration between the video and voice is the most valuable solution.

What needs improvement?

The analytics need to have a granular depth on how the customer details and the data sends information through this medium. That manual data needs to be analyzed and that analyzation should be there in the solution.

I have been using this solution for the last five years.

The solution is very stable.

Only one technician needs to maintain the field components, such as telephones and all, and one engineer who needs to deploy for maintenance of the head-end system.

Scalability is perfect, meaning there is no prepping to do. You can scale the solution as per your requirement in the future as well.

There is no break point at the scalability level. Almost 1,000 to 1,200 users are using this solution in our organization.

In the future, if business grows, it would be increased at least 5% year on.

I received support from the OEM, and there is an ease of support for the customer.

At that time, there was no such solution in the market. There was a analog system, which is difficult to integrate with other systems and it is a monochrome solution. It's for single functionality only; there would be no multiple functionalities under the software. It was the analog technology earlier.

The initial setup of this solution is straightforward.

It only takes three to four days to deploy it. I deployed it myself.

Earlier the solution was perpetual; now OEM has made it a subscription-based solution. The customer has to pay on a quarterly basis, not yearly basis, as per the agreement signed with the OEM.

There is no add-on costing on the standard fees.

Yes, we compared other OEMs as well, along with this 3CX. We found this one was economical, along with bright features compared to the competitor.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise going with the subscription-based model. It will be economical, as well as scalable in the future. It will be saving on a lot of under utilized resources. A customer can subscribe for more channels, or they can reduce the subscription. There is flexibility now that customers can benefit from.

I would rate it a ten out of ten.

Disclosure: IT Central Station has made contact with the reviewer to validate that the person is a real user. The information in the posting is based upon a vendor-supplied case study, but the reviewer has confirmed the content's accuracy.
RK
Associate Systems Engineer at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Leaderboard
High quality communication, excellent CRM integration, and stable

• "The most valuable features of 3CX Live Chat are the integration with our existing CRM allowing us to get all of the numbers synced together. The communication aspect of the solution was always working very well, the sound quality was perfect. We were able to log into the application to check which users were using the solution and if they were in a call or not. Additionally, the solution integrates well with other CRMs."
  • "3CX Live Chat could improve by having better integration with other solutions because we had multiple calls in which information was not extracted correctly. We had to modify their names, and some other data needed to be sorted out for a better understanding of the calls."

What is our primary use case?

We used 3CX Live Chat mainly for our sales team and internal communication.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution helped our organization because it allowed us to be able to manage our data easier. We no longer had to do manual entries.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features of 3CX Live Chat are the integration with our existing CRM allowing us to get all of the numbers synced together. The communication aspect of the solution was always working very well, the sound quality was perfect. We were able to log into the application to check which users were using the solution and if they were in a call or not. Additionally, the solution integrates well with other CRMs.

What needs improvement?

3CX Live Chat could improve by having better integration with other solutions because we had multiple calls in which information was not extracted correctly. We had to modify their names, and some other data needed to be sorted out for a better understanding of the calls. Additionally, there were phone number conflicts where there were two numbers that were the same, we had to manually assign them correctly.

I have used 3CX Live Chat within the last 18 months.

The solution is highly reliable and stable.

I would rate 3CX Live Chat stability a nine out of ten.

Mostly everyone in my team is using the solution.

We contacted technical support regarding the deployment but they were not confident at the time to help and told us they could contact us back. In the meantime, we found the solution to our problems. They could improve by having better knowledge and a quick response time.

There is a wide range of information online about the solution that you can use.

The initial installation was very easy to configure with AWS but when we had to configure it on-premise it was very difficult. The time it took to configure was approximately three days.

The price of the solution is in the middle range compared to other solutions. There are different license options available. For example, there is a professional version and an enterprise version, and with the enterprise version, you have the ability to modify the dashboards. You can purchase a license at many different time frame increments, such as monthly, yearly, or two years.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise those wanting to implement this solution to use an authorized dealer or a person who has good knowledge of 3CX Live Chat. Implementation can be easy but if you have not done it before it can be difficult.

I rate 3CX Live Chat an eight out of ten.

Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Download our free Virtual Meetings Report and find out what your peers are saying about 3CX, Zoom Video Communications, Microsoft, and more!