3CX Live Chat OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

3CX Live Chat is the #1 ranked solution in our list of top IP PBX systems. It is most often compared to Zoom: 3CX Live Chat vs Zoom

What is 3CX Live Chat?

Connect with your website visitors for free with the 3CX Live Chat plugin. With more than 1,900,000 downloads, 3CX Live Chat is the most popular, effective and reliable live chat plugin for WordPress. Increase conversions and boost customer satisfaction by communicating directly with your website visitors in real-time.

Integrate with 3CX for a multichannel communications suite including voice and video (requires 3CX V16). Get 3CX for free for one year for unlimited users hosted by 3CX, in your own cloud account or on-premise on Windows or Linux.

• Easy and convenient for visitors
  • Build rapport with potential customers via live chat
  • Increase sales
  • Reduce customer support line costs by using live chat
  • Learn to understand the pain points of your customers

FEATURES

• Simple and clean UI for all users
  • Option to elevate a live chat to a call or video call
  • Free iOS or Android apps to respond to messages through a smartphone
  • Ability to transfer chats to other agents
  • Agent’s picture is shown in the live chatbox
  • Customizable chatbox. Add a company logo, change the colors of the chatbox
  • All chats are saved in chat history
  • Dedicated storage system for all offline messages
  • Create unlimited agents to handle live chats and calls
  • Customizable offline message form
  • Supports animations in the chatbox
  • Ability to choose whether you want to accept or decline a chat

Download the Virtual Meetings Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2021

3CX Live Chat Customers

Wilson Sporting Goods, Pepsi, Schlumberger, American Express, Boeing, StarTribune, McDonalds, Drayton Manor Theme Park, InterContinental Hotels & Resorts, Hugo Boss, Clearswift, The University of North Carolina, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, The Ohio State University, Zehnder, Turkish Airlines, Harley Davidson, Mitsubishi, Ramada Plaza, Carlsberg, RE/MAX.

3CX Live Chat Video

Archived 3CX Live Chat Reviews (more than two years old)

FV
President & Primary Consultant at Techception Inc
Their services require a business model change, but their support works well with smaller consulting firms

What is our primary use case?

* It caters to small offices, real estate, dentists, and SMB in general. It has many enterprise feature sets. * Its ability to interconnect offices unknowingly for customers was a big win for small offices with different days of operations.

• "Mobility features and remote extensions work well."
  • "The support team can appear to be condescending."

What other advice do I have?

I had a relationship as a partner. However, since sales aren't at the level they define, we are about to lose our status and the ability to support our current user base.
BA
Sr. IT Consultant at Carolina InfoTech

What is our primary use case?

3CX is a great solution for most call centers. I replace larger, older, more expensive PBX systems.

• "It is SIP compliant to multiple SIP phone vendors, though it is not locked into a proprietary vendor."
  • "Easy management console access through web browsers with a good interface to Outlook and multiple CRM systems."
  • "It needs the option for the CS rep to stop recording when a credit card number is recited by the customer."

What other advice do I have?

I install phone systems as an independent consultant.
Find out what your peers are saying about 3CX, Zoom Video Communications, Microsoft and others in Virtual Meetings. Updated: September 2021.
536,548 professionals have used our research since 2012.
MD
CEO
Reseller
Leaderboard
Enables users to securely use their phone systems anywhere

• "This solution gives our customers mobility. They can use their phone system everywhere. The other key feature is the security."
  • "It could be better in terms of providing more options for call recording."

What other advice do I have?

When selecting a vendor, the technical staff and the marketing staff are important for us. We look at the marketing documents because we are resellers. The 3CX product is evolving every day, they work hard on it every day. I would tell prospective users of 3CX is that it is very flexible. Anything they have in mind, they can do with this system. They can integrate their internal software, their CRM, with this phone system very easily. They can increase their productivity with the many options that 3CX gives them.
Client Services Manager - Software Development at a comms service provider with 11-50 employees
Painless solution which has helped us reduce our email marketing expense

What is our primary use case?

We wanted a system which should be flexible enough to allow employees to work from home, with minimal IT hardware investment and complete access to unified communications features. 3CX has met all of our requirements.

What other advice do I have?

It is simple to provision, yet has great features. Our support effort has reduced by almost 80%. Painless solution worth every cent. This system lets you get creative with how you want the customers to interact with your organization.
it_user722253
Founder / Manager
Remote Extension Functionality, CRM Integration, And Call Reports Help Business Management

What other advice do I have?

3CX is a software-based PBX which can cover every company's needs. It offers versions ranging from a free PBX edition with basic functionality to the Enterprise Edition which offers third-party application integration, a secondary redundant server in case you primary server fails, call groups, queues, detailed reports, and more. Between these two versions are the Standard and Pro Editions. My suggestion would be to contact a 3CX reseller in your area to help you analyse your needs and find the best solution for you.
Issa Ibrahim Taiwo
Avaya Support Engineer at Simba Group
Resulted in customer satisfaction for company product on IVR and web conference

What other advice do I have?

It is the best solution that meets customer needs after Avaya. Compare the pricing and that it's also cost effective.
it_user723981
IT Supervisor at a hospitality company with 201-500 employees
Enables calling everywhere with the IP public install, but getting support is difficult in Indonesia

What is most valuable?

The use of the IP. We just bought a server and the software 3CX. The application can also be used on a hand phone to call the other.

How has it helped my organization?

We can call everywhere with the IP public install on the application.

One year.

Yes, we have had many problems with this product, but step-by-step, they fix them, because this is a new product.

The technical support is difficult in Bali. I have just one technical support representative in Indonesia.

This is new. If I had…
it_user723051
Technical Manager at a comms service provider with 51-200 employees
Great cost saving tool for ourselves and clients by connecting to one seamless system for all our communication needs

What other advice do I have?

Do the free training provided on 3CX's website, selling the correct product is the first step or can become an expensive school fee.
Managing Director at Fly By Wire
Solution is user-friendly, complete, and transparently licensed
it_user711924
Enterprise Account Manager at a comms service provider with 10,001+ employees
Some of the valuable features include call reporting, call recording, and soft phone functionality.
it_user721953
Senior Network Systems Engineer at a tech services company
Allows for more flexibility and easier deployment for our technicians, but does not have 24/7 support

What other advice do I have?

Review the training material to familiarize yourself with 3CX’s interface, download and setup the free version and really get to know it. Or I believe they even have a trial or sometimes give away a standard license. I think you’ll quite like it and find it a breeze to setup a system. If you’re technical, you can even automate a lot of the setup and deploy it even faster with a standard template.
it_user719799
Directed
Our Call Flow Has Been Significantly Streamlined

What other advice do I have?

Before spending money on any system I would suggest whoever is in the market for a PBX to go over to the 3CX website and download the free trial version of the product and test for yourself. When we did so we had no knowledge of the product but gave it a shot anyway. We saw the amazing features and power of the system and then went through the process of registering a new company called VCX Cloud Services and we registered to become a reseller of the product.
CIO - Chief Information Officer / SOO - Service Operations Officer at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Extremely Stable System And The Support Is Second To None

What other advice do I have?

Do your research and make sure you have a good understanding of VoIP and 3CX. There are plenty of YouTube videos to help you along the way.
Toyin Ogunmefun
Technical Account Manager at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Leaderboard
It ​improves communication between our two offices

What is most valuable?

Chat and video call. This enables chat with other users while the internet is down, since the server is on LAN.

How has it helped my organization?

It improves communication between our two offices.

What needs improvement?

The video call capabilities between endpoints/extension on the LAN -- instead of the traffic routing via 3CX data center in the cloud.

We did a trial for six months, but have been in production for one month plus.

Nope.

Nope.

It's good.

Yes -- Asterisk.

How was the

it_user712035
IT Manager
We instantly liked the product at a glance and were pleased with the end-to-end implementation

What other advice do I have?

I would strongly recommend investing in such a tool which can provide peace of mind 24x7x365, since it’s highly reliable, secure, and integrates with multiple VoIP providers, and can be maintained with minimal effort.
Owner at a tech services company
Cloud Management is the most valuable feature.
President at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
It provided us with the option to offer Hosted PBX functionality.

What other advice do I have?

One thing I would advise is to use the supported phones. Other phones could be made to work with the phones system, and they work just fine, but you will lose the provisioning and customization functionality. 3CX constantly adds new features based on their customers feedback. It is one of the most versatile PBX systems we have worked with.
pdonovan89107
CTO at a security firm
The ​Hot Desking and Call Queues are valuable features.

What other advice do I have?

We use this solution in our office and also recommend it to our IT managed customers when the time comes. I really enjoy using the same system for different scenarios. It helps me understand what it can do. Sometimes a client needs a solution that afterwards we use in house, too. Overall, it is a fun system to play with.
Michael Warmbier
Technology Consulting Services at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Leaderboard
The "hybrid" capabilities between Analog, SIP and PRI/MPLS are a great way to introduce either redundancy, least cost call routing and to provide for future changes/expansion/growth.

What other advice do I have?

Version 15 Released July 1, 2016. Ask us if it is right for you! Kinetix mwarmbier@kinetixinc.com
Chief Operating Officer at a comms service provider
I can see all the calls on the system and can pull back calls that are going into voicemail or transfer by drag and drop.
Owner at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
With a super easy web interface, I can easily up-skill IT engineers to provide support to our 3CX customers.

What other advice do I have?

If your business does not have an internal IT department, find a trustworthy 3CX partner to assist with your installation.
Owner at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
It's built natively for and runs great on Windows 7/10/Server 2008/Server 2012.

What other advice do I have?

Download and run the trial to try it out yourself on any Windows 7 Pro or better computer. You can use a SIP trunk for testing, which is super easy to setup from Flowroute, Vitelity, etc. 3CX is very flexible and almost anything can be accomplished with it.
President at a tech consulting company with 51-200 employees
Call quality has improved a lot since our old Linux based system.

Valuable Features

This system is just awesome. It's so easy to use and to make it work.

Improvements to My Organization

Call quality has improved a lot since our old Linux based system. The caller experience is better!

Room for Improvement

There's always room for improvement and 3CX is always improving the system. One specific feature I would like, would be to have the option of using a music stream for the customers when they are on-hold.

It's stable.

They are really good and fast.

It's straightforward, you just have to follow the questions and you re done.

Other Advice

Be sure to use a FQDN if you can, afterward to configure any phones or to manage your system, It’s easier then using an IP.
VP at Cabco Communications Group
We can have on the fly video conferences and full presence on mobile devices.

What other advice do I have?

Although 3CX is a very flexible and generally easy to deploy solution, the biggest advice would be to ensure you have a solid IT network in place prior to implementation. Having the proper switches, gateways, phone sets, bandwidth and cabling infrastructure in place is important to ensuring the successful implementation of 3CX.
President at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
The use of a session border controller which can be deployed cheaply on a Raspberry Pi makes port handling easier.
Network Consultant at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
We can use the mobile app when calling clients to mask our cell phone numbers.

What other advice do I have?

The advice I have is to buy the plug in play phones and deploy it with the phone system. Implementation goes a lot easier and smoother with plug in play phones.
Owner at a tech services company
It has allowed us to create a natural flow of incoming telephone calls, without the need of having a full time receptionist.

What other advice do I have?

Make sure if you do decide to implement this product, that you use a company that is well versed in this product and that can give you the best possible solution and setup from the product, so that you can maximize the full potential of the product as well as maximising the full potential of the users of the product.
CEO at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
It provides all the features of a traditional phone system, as well as VoIP.

What other advice do I have?

We have been very happy with the 3CX solution and are excited to see what future functionality is added to the product.
Director at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
With a background in computer networking rather than telecoms, I found the setup straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

I would highly recommend 3CX to anyone, and I believe it to be the best option out there.
Director of Technical Services at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
It gives you the flexibility to make and receive calls anywhere.

Valuable Features:

It's a VOIP PBX based on Windows. It runs rock solid, and is easy to setup and manage. There is also a helpful user forum and community of enthusiasts.

Improvements to My Organization:

3CX gives you the option of having softphones or physical phones, this gives you the flexibility to make and receive calls anywhere.

Room for Improvement:

They need to embed a help or chat feature.

Deployment Issues:

There were no issues with deployment.

Stability Issues:

It's been a stable product.

Scalability Issues:

It's scaled to our needs.

Other Advice:

Be sure to understand all components of the product before deployment.
Senior project manager and owner at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
​The failover features that come on SP3 allow me to create a replica of 3CX PBX in case the 3CX fails.
Technical Director at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
We can take calls on mobiles and dial from Outlook, Gmail, etc.

Valuable Features

Excellent Windows based PBX constantly updated with new features and great support.

Improvements to My Organization

We can take calls on mobiles and dial from Outlook, Gmail, etc. time saving. We have got business leads from professional on hold adverts we have created.

Room for Improvement

Not really much to dislike. the product is solid but you do need to keep your windows server updated.

We've had no issues with deployment.

We've had no issues with stability.

We've had no issues with scalability.

The on hold music options could be better but they have improved it in the last version. There is now the option to change the queue on hold music…
Field Services Supervisor at a tech services company
It has flexible call reporting and gives us cost savings by removing telephony hardware support requirements and cost.
President at a comms service provider
We have found a way to leverage every feature offered to improve or solve a clients experience based on needs - mobility, Webmeeting and WebRTC.
Owner at a integrator with 51-200 employees
It's a Windows-based VoIP PBX - perfect for a system admin like myself to make a move into telephony.

What other advice do I have?

3cx is supplied through channel partners so finding a partner that you can work well with is crucial.
Principal at a tech services company
Our level 1 help desk people are easily able to set up new users, reset voice mail passwords, etc.
it_user326325
Founder and Principal Consultant at a comms service provider with 51-200 employees
It allowed us to communicate and collaborate even when we were out of the office or on a client site, but we also had a challenge with the web video functionality

What other advice do I have?

Good product overall, the product lacks some Contact Center reporting features and functionality but serves the purpose for small business requirements. On the resiliency side, high availability is not supported (to my knowledge) and therefore may not be a fit for demanding corporate environments. My greatest advice would be to find a reputable service partner, and ensure that you call on their references, and appoint an internal project sponsor to work alongside and manage the deployment and planning with the service partner.
it_user3264
IT Administrator at a media company with 51-200 employees
It's a great product to work with.