3scale API Management Reviews

industry
rating
Co-Founder at a tech vendor with 1-10 employees
Jul 22 2019

What is most valuable?

One of the most valuable aspects of this solution for us is its ease of deployment. Also the fact that it's not adding a lot of features like ESP or similar features is good. It's okay with just being a gateway.

What needs improvement?

We haven't been working so long, so we are just starting to use it. I believe the CMS part of it has room for improvement though. That is where you write a couple of things if you want to publish your API. It's based on liquid scripting, which doesn't seem like the obvious ones to script with. I… more»

We checked Apigee, but it mainly failed for us. The way we wanted to write it required a cloud and our organization was not ready for pre-cloud solutions. It wasn't a good fit. It was possible to run it on prime, but that seemed like quite a big installation and ops to be running.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate 3scale as a seven or eight out of ten. I've had more issues with supporting it. Also, the CMS and Open API specification issues I mentioned above. Those things could be better or simpler.
Sylvain Déjardin
ITOps Engineer at EBRC -European Business Reliance Centre
Jun 04 2019

What is most valuable?

Thanks to open source communities based on Apiman/Keycloak products, Red Hat adds stable features for production perspectives.

How has it helped my organization?

Really simple integration for developers workflow because we have a unique entry point to integrate multiple APIs behind, really straight forward.

What needs improvement?

Setting up OIDC authentication would be another use case for this product. That would require at least three components : * Red Hat 3scale API Management (manager plus gateway) * Red Hat Single… more»

Red Hat is a good compromise for now on service support, and it provides short release cycle of open source community (stable features needs by developers).

I previously used Apiman and Keycloak community version. Our clients need security patch management, that's why we are using 3Scale from Red Hat in order to get erratas (security fixes) integrated.

For cloud solution, we evaluated Apiman/Keycloak community version, then 3scale in OpenShift and Azure API Management.

Articles

User Assessments By Topic About 3scale API Management

Find out what your peers are saying about Red Hat, Google, CA (A Broadcom Company) and others in API Management. Updated: September 2019.
371,062 professionals have used our research since 2012.

3scale API Management Questions

What is 3scale API Management?

3scale is an API management platform that delivers flexible, highly scalable solutions to package, distribute, control, and monetize your APIs, giving you the power to make the most of your API program.

• Share company data, content, or services through Web or mobile applications.
  • Provide an API to external organizations, internal teams, or both.
  • Avoid the hassle and constant maintenance of building a solution from scratch.

3scale delivers centralized API management features through a distributed, cloud-hosted layer. The platform includes built-in features to help you build a more successful API program, including access control, rate limits, payment gateway integration, and developer experience tools.

3scale API Management customers