ABBYY FlexiCapture Overview

ABBYY FlexiCapture is the #1 ranked solution in our list of top Intelligent Document Processing (IDP) tools. It is most often compared to Kofax RPA: ABBYY FlexiCapture vs Kofax RPA

What is ABBYY FlexiCapture?

ABBYY FlexiCapture is an intelligent platform for capturing meaningful data, relationships and insights from documents, forms and correspondence to improve business outcomes. It transforms documents into business value by capturing and validating information in any format at its point of need. Intelligently digitizing documents and automating document processes, FlexiCapture helps organizations remove risk and cost while accelerating revenue and drive competitive advantage every day.

ABBYY FlexiCapture is also known as FlexiCapture.

ABBYY FlexiCapture Buyer's Guide

Download the ABBYY FlexiCapture Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2021

ABBYY FlexiCapture Customers
Banque Populaire de l’Ouest, PepsiCo
ABBYY FlexiCapture Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about ABBYY FlexiCapture pricing:
  • "For us, the price is reasonable."
  • "The price of this ABBYY FlexiCapture is a bit expensive and the price is based on how many documents have been captured. For example, one or two million captures."

NS
Digital Service Lab Lead at a transportation company with 10,001+ employees
Stable with good automation capabilities and great at data extraction

What is our primary use case?

We are a logistics company, and, due to the fact that a lot of documents get generated on a daily basis, documents need to be processed and data extracted. That's our primary use case for this solution. We use it for a lot of data extraction.

• "It saves us a lot of manual work."
  • "Even though the training works, it's not as good as it is made out to be."

What other advice do I have?

We're just a customer and an end-user. I'd advise users that, when you start off with your first project on FlexiCapture, choose a project which has at least something which can accommodate a very high pattern. For example, if you're going to go for a use case wherein documents have to be processed within the next 30 minutes, you're going to face a lot of problems. ABBYY is a wonderful tool, however, it has got its own set of constraints. It's very important to understand the constraints of the tool. The strength of the ABBYY FlexiCapture license is the OCR engine. However, if you're…
C Document and Data For Automation at PRTi Digital
A powerful and independent platform with good ability to scale for big processes, good accuracy, and good stability

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution mostly for processing Brazilian servicing invoices and personnel documents and contracts, such as personnel ID cards. I am a strategic partner of ABBYY here in Brazil. I deploy this solution for the customers. We mostly deploy it on a customer's cloud infrastructure. It is not the cloud side from ABBYY. It is like on-premises, but it is in the cloud of the customers.

• "The most valuable feature is the ability to scale for big processes. We are able to process 1 million pages a day. Its accuracy is also very nice. It is a good feature that they have. It is an independent platform, which is its biggest advantage as compared to other solutions. It is also very stable and powerful. It is 100% on time."
  • "They should improve the RESTful API side of this solution. Currently, fully RESTful API is not available in the on-prem version, which is really a problem, and we have to work around this limitation. The cloud version already has a fully RESTful API, but the on-prem version doesn't have a fully RESTful API, which is a big mistake. It is easy to solve, but they aren't solving it quicker. They are taking a long time. Nowadays, most people don't go to the interface. They like to use RESTful API."

What other advice do I have?

I would highly recommend this solution. My advice is to engage with a professional services provider at the beginning for installation, deployment, and training. Don't try to do it on your own because it is a very powerful and big solution. You'll have to learn it before you try to use it. Don't do it yourself. I would rate ABBYY FlexiCapture a nine out of ten. It is missing only RESTful API.
Learn what your peers think about ABBYY FlexiCapture. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
509,641 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Solution Architect at Automation COE
Good OCR capabilities for our automated invoicing system

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use for this solution is the automatic processing of invoices. We used the invoice module for capturing and processing the invoices. We have this solution installed as if it were on-premises, but it is hosted on a virtual machine in the cloud.

• "The OCR is the best on the market."
  • "This solution should have better integration with RPA solutions such as Blue Prism."

What other advice do I have?

My advice to anybody who is considering this solution is to ask for case studies and examples in advance. Ask for real examples on how to set it up. One example might be for invoices, or for formulas that should be inside the product, and how to set them up quickly. We asked for automatic invoices and they said that they didn't do that yet. We had to put a great deal of effort into this, and it took a lot of time and our money to invent our process together with ABBYY. If we would have had some examples then we would not have had to start from scratch. I would rate this solution an eight out…
AQ
Senior Manager at a financial services firm with 5,001-10,000 employees
Great machine learning capabilities, the software works well

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of this solution is for our invoice project. We wanted to capture the sales and use tax data from our invoices. I'm a senior manager and we are currently customers of ABBYY, hoping to become resellers in the future.

• "The machine learning capability is pretty good."
  • "Quite complex, particularly for those who are not tech savvy."

What other advice do I have?

I think each company needs to make a judgment as to whether you can handle a technically challenging solution, because ABBYY is challenging. If you need to have your people trained ahead of time to get some support built into your organization, you should do that. If your organization is not very tech savvy, this solution might not work for you very well. We still need to carry out more evaluations. For example, the out of the box, SDK support. I'd like to know how much free SDK support we would get if we try to build a wrapper around ABBYY. I think those are the things that we need to…
AC
Technical Project Manager at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Easy to deploy and for a non-technical person to use, with good handwriting recognition accuracy

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and ABBEY FlexiCapture is one of the products that we implement for our clients. It is an OCR tool that we use as part of different automation solutions.

• "The handwriting recognition is very good, as it can recognize handwriting done with pen and paper with at least 70% accuracy."
  • "In the future, I would like to see integration with Google Sheets."

What other advice do I have?

This is absolutely a solution that I would recommend. If you are having problems with handwritten text and the recognition of data then ABBYY is the place to go. I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.
Senior Product & Project Manager at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Captures documents from a variety of different formats

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use this product for data capture.

• "The most valuable feature is the ability to capture data from documents with different formats."
  • "The is a long time between application updates."

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is considering this product is that if they have many different types of documents that need to be captured, then this is a good option. I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.
NB
Steering Manager at a financial services firm with 51-200 employees
High rate of recognition, structured documents, and good technical support

What is our primary use case?

We are using this solution for bank transfer orders.

• "The most valuable features have been the rate of recognition and the structured documents."
  • "The recognition intelligence could improve by having more details in the documents. There are limitations with the forms, templates, and manuscripts."

What other advice do I have?

I rate ABBYY FlexiCapture an eight out of ten.
SD
Head Of Robotic Process Automation at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Reseller
Useful and user-friendly solution that enables us to do invoicing

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is for invoicing. We use it for product licenses and reports about insurance policies and invoices.

What is most valuable?

It's a very useful and user-friendly product.

The stability is very good.

We use around 100% of data and the success rate is 90%. We have around fifty users using this solution. The users are mostly engineers and developers.

The initial setup was straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution an eight out of ten. Not a ten because sometimes some documents have handwritten data. If this improved, I would rate it a ten out of ten. The…