Acronis Backup Cloud OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Acronis Backup Cloud is #4 ranked solution in top SaaS Backup tools. IT Central Station users give Acronis Backup Cloud an average rating of 10 out of 10. Acronis Backup Cloud is most commonly compared to AWS Backup:Acronis Backup Cloud vs AWS Backup. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 26% of all views.
What is Acronis Backup Cloud?

The #1 Backup-as-a-Service Solution for Service Providers. Acronis Backup Cloud is a highly customizable, cost-effective solution that integrates easily with your existing business automation platform or operates as a powerful stand-alone platform. Powered by the Acronis AnyData Engine, Acronis Backup Cloud provides your customers with a best in-class solution that is easy, complete, and safe.

Acronis Backup Cloud is also known as Acronis BaaS, Acronis Cyber Backup Cloud.

Download the SaaS Backup Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2021

Acronis Backup Cloud Customers

WDR-S, Virtual1, Webplus Datacenter, Pro River Technology

Acronis Backup Cloud Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Acronis Backup Cloud pricing:
  • "With the price, there is a certain limitation on terabytes but no limits on how many servers or how many services you can run."
  • "There is a free trial available in order for people to evaluate it."
  • "We pay monthly for the use of the solution."

Acronis Backup Cloud Reviews

DevenShah
Director at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
User-friendly with good reporting and good dashboards

• "The product offers very easy configuration capabilities."
  • "The technical support could be improved. When you create a ticket, the responsiveness you'd expect is lacking."

What is our primary use case?

Currently, we're using it to backup all the workforce data from the laptops and devices. The data is taken to the server for backup purposes.

What is most valuable?

The solution is very easy to use. It's user-friendly.

The product offers very easy configuration capabilities.

It does what it's supposed to do. We needed a simple backup, and nothing too complex. If we need to recover data, we can recover it quickly. This is a very simple setup that works well for our purposes.

The reporting on the product has been good.

We've found the documentation very helpful.

The initial setup is very simple. It's one of the key reasons we chose the product.

The pricing of the solution is reasonable. We're quite happy with it.

We've been happy with the customization potential of the product.

The solution has good dashboards.

What needs improvement?

The technical support could be improved. When you create a ticket, the responsiveness you would expect is lacking.

I've been using the solution for nearly two years at this point. It's been a while.

The product is quite stable. In the two years we have used it, we haven't felt the need to really move to a different solution as it seems to be stable. There aren't bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's great.

The solution scales well enough. The background is fast. They are using AWS as a background, and AWS scales beautifully as most of us know. With the AWS foundations, a company can scale the solution quite well.

We have about 70 people on the solution currently.

I can't say that we are too satisfied with technical support. When you open a ticket, it takes too long to get a response. The response times overall are quite lengthy.

The initial setup is not complex at all. It's very straightforward. This is a very simple solution to set up.

I don't remember exactly how long the deployment took, however, I recall the process being relatively quick.

We pay monthly under a subscription model. We're quite happy with the pricing. It's not overly expensive.

You don't have to pay for anything other than the license. However, they do have another version that offers a few more security features. It's an incremental change in price. Some of our staff are using it as they have very flexible licensing models in general.

We evaluated Druva before choosing this product. We chose Acronis due to the fact that we needed a simple product that could back up and give recovery to the cloud. Also, Druval was a bit pricier in comparison to Acronis.

What other advice do I have?

We are just a customer and end-usser. We don't have a relationship with Acronis beyond that.

The solution is SaaS-based. That means, there's auto-updating happening, which means we are always on the latest version of the solution.

I would recommend the solution.

I'd advise new users to look at which version of the product they really need. No one should go in blindly as they have different versions according to size. One is their basic level, one is the advanced security, et cetera. If a company chooses correctly, then they'll be happy with the product later on and not feel the need to fill in requirements.

I'd rate the solution nine out of ten. We are quite happy with it overall.

Yossi Carmel
IT Administrator at A.P. Moller - Maersk
Highly scalable, amazing features, stable and can be used from anywhere

• "I would recommend this solution. It's easy and fast, you don't need to be on-premises you can use it from anywhere."
  • "There could be some changes done to the action page to simplify it."

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution to backup servers.

What is most valuable?

There are many features I like such as the ability to run favourite scans multiply times a day. If the solution finds any malware, for example, it will do the actions automatically. This limits the amount of action a user needs to do.

It is amazing how many ways you can do the recovery, you can recover by image, ISO, and files.

You can create a new VM, via the cloud, using the same image backup and network settings, that is very easy to configure

The Business Continuity Plan is all in one and easy to use, unlike competitors that require you to know more detail going forward. It is much more user-friendly.

What needs improvement?

There could be some changes done to the action page to simplify it. For example, when you want to do any actions with VM there could be more informative on the actions being done. Currently, there are just icons with no description of what the option does. The last improvement I would like to see is more information on the stages you are currently on and continually as you go through the process.

I have been using the solution for two months.

I am new to the solution but I did some testings and It was very smooth. The new dashboard I created was working fine. There were no problems with stability.

You can have hundreds of machines running no problems, the scalability is very good.

I called technical support once or twice, I did not speak to them very much but they responded right away.

Everything was straightforward in setting up the solution, it took approximately 10 minutes. With some of the other competitors, the process could take a week.

With the price, there is a certain limitation on terabytes but no limits on how many servers or how many services you can run.

I tested Uni-Trends and Acronis at the same time and I went with Acronis because it impressed me.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution. It's easy and fast, you don't need to be on-premises you can use it from anywhere. You can backup whatever you want, anything from your mobile phone to your OneDrive.

Based on my limited two months of experience with the product, the solution is perfect for me.

I rate Acronis Backup Cloud a ten out of ten.

Find out what your peers are saying about Acronis, Amazon, Veritas and others in SaaS Backup. Updated: November 2021.
552,136 professionals have used our research since 2012.
EI
Director/Founder at a consultancy with 11-50 employees
Reseller
Centralized device management, automatic backup schedule, and good technical support

• "The most valuable features are the automated backup, and that you are able to manage all of your devices centrally."
  • "I would like to have support for agentless backup, where you don't have to install an agent on the host."

What is our primary use case?

I am a managed service provider and we provide this solution to small and medium-sized companies for backing up their data.

The client will have local backup copies on their premises, and a backup copy of that in the cloud. At times, the clients will back up their data directly to the cloud from their end devices. The small companies prefer to do this without having a local installation of Acronis.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the automated backup, and that you are able to manage all of your devices centrally. You are able to create a different account for the different clients so that everyone is backing up on the same server in their own environment.

What needs improvement?

I would like to have support for agentless backup, where you don't have to install an agent on the host.

I have been selling Acronis Backup Cloud for six months.

Scalability is good because there are no limits as to the number of agents you can have backing up data. Our clients are small and medium-sized companies with an average of 40 users.

Technical support is good. They are quite responsive and they are able to guide you when you have any technical issues.

Prior to Acronis, I used to use Cobian Backup. It had a final release several years ago.

Cobian did not have a lot of features. For example, it didn't have those related to cloud-based backups or knowledge of federated accounts.

The initial setup is not complex. I would say that it is quite easy and simple to do.

If you are setting up a cloud backup then the clients can be backing up their data within minutes, or perhaps within an hour. The speed at which the initial backup completes is dependent on the bandwidth that they have available, but in terms of getting it up and running, it can be done within an hour.

Private Cloud

Other
Rishan-Ahmed
Channel Manager (Engineer) at Dataguard MEA
MSP
Has one console for many loads and one backup for many recovery options

• "It has one console for many loads and one backup for many recovery options. Converting backups as a virtual machine offers an edge as a low-cost Disaster Recovery solution."
  • "Reporting is not on par. It needs some more information as per customer or partner interest. I hope Acronis is working on it."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use cases are for managing backups as a service provider.  We manage multiple customer accounts. It offers better console access for customers, partners, and for us as a service provider.

It has one console for many loads and one backup for many recovery options. Converting backups as a virtual machine offers an edge as a low-cost Disaster Recovery solution. If it had better deduplication, it would be considered as a good archiving solution too as the restore parts are arranged in a much better way.

The latest cyber protect addition looks promising but needs to have good testing to be performed.

How has it helped my organization?

As a Service Provider, we onboarded 100+ customers on a single console. Having Remote sessions/delaying access sorts everything out.

One console, may customers and many workloads really help. Reporting is not on par. It needs some more information as per customer or partner interest. I hope Acronis is working on it.

The bad point is always customer support and partner support, which Acronis has never changed.

Once they have better support, things will change as they are launching many new services in the near future.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

I would recommend for them to improve reporting. There should be better customer and partner support. Both are very bad at this moment. The product looks promising and we are eagerly waiting for further releases with cybersecurity tools as well.

The latest version was just released. We have been using Acronis solutions since 2014.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We are selling Acronis Backup Cloud.
DevenShah
Director at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Easy to use, performs well, and provides built-in ransomware protection

• "The most valuable features are its ease of use, the speed, and its got a reasonable amount of granular control."
  • "I would like to see enhancements made to the security."

What is our primary use case?

This is the file and data backup solution that we use.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are its ease of use, the speed, and its got a reasonable amount of granular control. It also has another big advantage, which is built-in protection from ransomware.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see enhancements made to the security.

We have been using Acronis Backup Cloud for about six months.

This solution is very stable. It is a 24/7 application.

It is extremely simple to scale Acronis Backup Cloud.

We have been in contact with technical support and we are satisfied with it.

It is very easy to set up and only took a couple of minutes to deploy.

It was entirely self-setup.

There is a free trial available in order for people to evaluate it.

What other advice do I have?

This is a solution that I recommend everybody try. Even if you are trying something else, they offered a free trial and it is worthwhile to see how easy, fast, and powerful this solution is.

I would rate this solution a ten out of ten.

MD
Network Security Engineer at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
MSP
Useful management console, easy to use, and reliable

What is our primary use case?

We use Acronis Backup Cloud to be sure that we're not losing any data because we had some bad experiences in the past.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature I have found the be the management console it is very easy to use and automation is important.  Additionally, overall the solution is easy to use.

What needs improvement?

The solution could improve by being more user-friendly.

I have been using Acronis Backup Cloud for approximately one year.

Acronis Backup Cloud is stable.

We have approximately 20 people using this solution in my organization.

How are customer service

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

The solution could improve by being more user-friendly.

I have been using Acronis Backup Cloud for approximately one year.

Acronis Backup Cloud is stable.

We have approximately 20 people using this solution in my organization.

We have used the support and we have been unsatisfied. We do not use it very often but the time we have it was not very smooth.

We previously used a local solution.

The installation is straightforward and took approximately one week but two weeks maximum.

We have one person that does the support of Acronis Backup Cloud.

We pay monthly for the use of the solution.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Acronis Backup Cloud a nine out of ten.

DI
Technical Support Engineer at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
A stable system with a good user interface

What is our primary use case?

I use Acronis Backup as my disaster recovery solution.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is disaster recovery. The user interface is very good.

What needs improvement?

Technical support needs to be improved because they do not respond in a timely fashion.

I have been using Acronis Backup Cloud for about three years.

I have had no issues with respect to stability.

There was no problem with scalability. We have about 12 users and we plan to increase our usage in the future.

I am not satisfied with the technical support from…

What is our primary use case?

I use Acronis Backup as my disaster recovery solution.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is disaster recovery.

The user interface is very good.

What needs improvement?

I have been using Acronis Backup Cloud for about three years.

I have had no issues with respect to stability.

I am not satisfied with the technical support from Acronis. They do not respond in time.

DI
Technical Support Engineer at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Excellent interface and great disaster recovery feature.

What is our primary use case?

We currently have 12 users of this solution in our company and hope to increase that in the near future. We are partners with Acronis and I'm a technical support engineer.

What is most valuable?

I like the disaster recovery feature of this solution and the interface is great.

What needs improvement?

Technical support could be improved, they're not very timely in their response.

I've been using this solution for about two years.

The stability of the solution is good.

The scalability of the product is good.

What other

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

Technical support could be improved, they're not very timely in their response.

I've been using this solution for about two years.

The stability of the solution is good.

The scalability of the product is good.

The initial setup is straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

I highly recommend this product and would rate it an eight out of 10.

Product Categories
SaaS Backup
Download our free SaaS Backup Report and find out what your peers are saying about Acronis, Amazon, Veritas, and more!