Mahmoud Al Baik
Technical Supervisor at Index IT
Easy to use, affordable, strong and quick support, and built-in ransomware protection

• "The main reasons that our customers like Acronis are that it is very strong and easy to use."
  • "The problems that we face are often related to the customer's network, although sometimes there are problems with the software, such as an error in the configuration."

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and Acronis Backup is one of the products that we implement for our customers.

What is most valuable?

The main reasons that our customers like Acronis are that it is very strong and easy to use. Many of our customers use Acronis without any problems.

They have anti-ransomware active protection in the product.

What needs improvement?

The problems that we face are often related to the customer's network, although sometimes there are problems with the software, such as an error in the configuration. There is no perfect product.

We have been working with Acronis Backup for between five and six years.

This is a strong product, and any problems that our customers have had are very small.

We have approximately 50 customers who use this product.

Acronis support is very strong and they're available 24/7, online via chat or email, or by telephone. There are times that we have faced issues, and when we opened tickets, they found solutions very fast.

Often, the team will read the logs that we supply, and then, in quick time, they find solutions. These are either fixed using patches or they make suggestions for changes to the settings. One of the reasons that our customers purchase Acronis is because they don't have major problems or bugs in their software.

We have many customers that have converted from other backup products to Acronis. Two examples of these are Veritas and Veeam.

The initial setup is simple. It is not complex at all.

This is an affordable product and fits within our customers' budgets.

What other advice do I have?

We are currently testing the new version, 15. Based on our experience, we have been providing input to their pre-sales team, and the feedback was taken back to the management. Now, everything seems to be running fine.

For example, in the new version, they have more protection options for malware, and they have additional tools to assist the IT administrator in controlling the network. These including things like management tools for remote desktops and vulnerability management.

Any customer who uses Acronis that has needed to restore anything from their backup has had a 99% success rate, where they have been able to restore data without any problems.

Nothing is perfect and gets a full mark. We have faced some issues, although the support is strong and they take issues seriously. They don't let our customers get upset at the product, and they have solved all of the problems that we have faced.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud
Founder Director at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Good price, world-class support, and supports on-premise, virtual, and cloud environments

• "Acronis is a flexible solution. It can back up workstations, endpoints, and even your virtual environments and cloud-based environments. So, we can do the backup of the whole gamut of products."
  • "I would like to have more cybersecurity integration to properly round up the product and its offering. In terms of cybersecurity, if the offerings can be more versatile so that it is not just a backup solution, it would be great. Some addition to cybersecurity would really be helpful so that it becomes a kind of a suite of products. Backup and recovery form a part of the broader security strategy. Its integration with other cybersecurity solutions would provide proper visibility to not just your cybersecurity dashboard but also to all of your backups. You would have a pretty good view of the entire security landscape that you are managing."

What is our primary use case?

It is used for backup. In terms of deployment, it has got the capability of both. It can be on-premise and on the cloud.

What is most valuable?

Acronis is a flexible solution. It can back up workstations, endpoints, and even your virtual environments and cloud-based environments. So, we can do the backup of the whole gamut of products.

We can also do instantaneous recovery of individual items, files, documents, etc. It also has good pricing and support.

What needs improvement?

I would like to have more cybersecurity integration to properly round up the product and its offering. In terms of cybersecurity, if the offerings can be more versatile so that it is not just a backup solution, it would be great. Some addition to cybersecurity would really be helpful so that it becomes a kind of a suite of products. Backup and recovery form a part of the broader security strategy. Its integration with other cybersecurity solutions would provide proper visibility to not just your cybersecurity dashboard but also to all of your backups. You would have a pretty good view of the entire security landscape that you are managing.

It should definitely be more stable, and it should support larger platforms. It can maybe support cross-cloud implementations.

I have been using this solution for at least five years.

It is stable, but it could be more stable.

It is scalable for medium to large environments but not for very large environments.

So far, we have provided this solution to about 15 to 25 customers.

Technical support from Acronis is pretty good. It is world-class.

It has got very good and broad support.

Its installation is not very difficult. It is pretty straightforward. With a little guidance from the manuals and other resources, a regular skilled engineer can easily perform the installation. Of course, it is not suitable for a layman.

We have two engineers supporting it. We also have one Sales and Account Management person for managing the plans.

Its price is quite friendly on the pocket. You need to pay the licensing cost upfront, and then the support charges are on an annual basis.

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely recommend Acronis to those who are starting out on the backup and recovery or want to migrate to and are looking for a fine-grain and stable solution. The good part is that you can still have the backup on the cloud. So, that would also take care of your offsite backup.

I don't have many comparison points. Based on whatever experience I've had on Acronis, I would rate it a nine out of 10.

Learn what your peers think about Acronis Backup. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: October 2021.
542,721 professionals have used our research since 2012.
NH
Director at Random Group Ltd
Does its job very well and has interesting capabilities

• "It actually does its job very well and has interesting capabilities, but it has the most awful interface."
  • "The whole product structure is confusing. You can actually get to do what you want to do. But Acronis seems to have a singular ability to make things difficult."

What is our primary use case?

We implement Acronis for our clients and we also use it internally.

What is most valuable?

It's like there hasn't been any clear thought of linking process to the interface model. It's a very frustrating product but what it does, it does well, which is why even for all of those reasons we still standardize on it as our preferred backup solution. But it drives us mad.

What needs improvement?

I'll be completely honest, it's a very annoying product.

The whole product structure is confusing. You can actually get to do what you want to do. But Acronis seems to have a singular ability to make things difficult.

We have been using Acronis Backup for a few years now.

It's stable.

It's scalable. We have around ten to fifteen users. The users are a combination of end-users and admins.

Their technical support is excellent.

The initial setup is slightly complex because the interface design is poor. So certainly, we've often had to scrap our strategies and go back and redo them. I would say that it's slightly complex to get to what you want.

You have to recognize that you might have to go and do it again once or twice until you get it working exactly the way you want it to work.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend it, but warn people new to it, to be aware that they might well be a bit frustrated at first.

I would rate Acronis Backup an eight out of ten. It's one of those products that probably needs an overhaul because it's kind of evolved over time and sometimes when you evolve things, you end up in a hole. It's probably about time for them to sit back and realize that they've made all this functionality and made all these changes so they should go back.

Also, managing the product is difficult. As a partner, it's difficult to manage our end-user clients because there's no single dashboard where we can go and see our clients and manage them individually. You have to set up an individual setup for each client, which is a bit frustrating.

I would like to see improvements for people that are probably doing an MSP type of approach, managed service providers so that they had a much simpler way to view their end-user situations.

Hybrid Cloud
JS
Technical Product Manager for IT Managed Services at a tech services company with 5,001-10,000 employees
Well balanced, very flexible, and very easy to use

• "The licensing model is very good."
  • "The solution could use a single sign-on integration that can default to the admin dashboard. Right now, it's only username and password. If you had had an additional two-factor authentication, this would be beneficial for me."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution as backup and recovery.

What is most valuable?

The product is very easy to use.

It's quite stable.

The solution is very flexible.

Its feature set is well balanced.

The initial setup is very straightforward and the deployment is very fast.

The licensing model is very good.

What needs improvement?

The solution is on-premises and therefore is not very scalable.

The solution already covers all of the requirements I need. I don't recall missing a feature or capability.

The solution could use a single sign-on integration that can default to the admin dashboard. Right now, it's only username and password. If you had had an additional two-factor authentication, this would be beneficial for me.

We've been uisng the solution for 12 years. It's been over a decade at this point. We have quite a bit of experience with it.

The stability of the product is very good. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's reliable.

The solution isn't scalable. It's a set size as an on-premises device.

On an administrative level, three people are on the solution.

We do not plan to increase usage. Using this solution is a bit of a special case within the company.

Our company mostly uses Veam. Only I am using Acronis within our organization.

The initial setup is not overly complex or difficult. It's easy and very straightforward.

The deployment is fast. It only takes about 20 minutes or so.

I handled the implementation myself. I did not need the assistance of an implementor or consultant.

There is a one-time purchase of the product. After that, users only have to pay renewals on maintenance and support. I like the licensing model.

You are paying for very good value. Everything is well balanced. For me, in this case, the pricing is justified. It's worth the price tag.

What other advice do I have?

We are using the latest version of the solution.

I'm responsible for fast and dedicated, fair infrastructure, which is on-premise. I'm using Acronis for Windows 10 and in the company, I'm using the Acronis for ESXi to make backups for virtual machines.

I'd rate this solution at a nine out of ten. We've been very pleased with the capabilities.

Albert Simon
Co-Owner at Angels Dtp
Works in the background and lets me easily recover from accidental file deletions or other errors

• "The most valuable feature is the fact that it backs up my systems transparently in the background, and I'm not even conscious of it."
  • "When I first started using Acronis, I found it a little bit confusing when it came to the configuration."

What is our primary use case?

I use the basic Acronis solution to back up all of my drives. I have a desktop and a laptop, with several hard drives attached to them.

How has it helped my organization?

In difficult situations, where something was accidentally erased or there was another kind of error, I can return to the latest backup and recover. For me, it's been very successful and very effective.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the fact that it backs up my systems transparently in the background, and I'm not even conscious of it. I just get a notice that it's successfully backed up.

What needs improvement?

When I first started using Acronis, I found it a little bit confusing when it came to the configuration.

Sometimes I have a problem where my settings need to be reset. However, I have been using it for so long that I know what I have to do it fix them.

I have been using Acronis for between three and four years.

This is a stable solution, other than the occasional problem that I have with needing to reset the settings.

Technical support is excellent. When I needed help, in the beginning, they did it with a remote connection. They were able to log into my system, take care of the problem, and explain what they did.

I have been in contact with them from time to time and they are still excellent.

I needed help from technical support in the beginning when I first started working with it.

The cost of updates is less than $100 USD yearly. If you don't update it then there are no additional charges.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is implementing Acronis is to contact support if they have any trouble. I would definitely recommend them. As it is now, this is a product that I am satisfied with the way it is, and I cannot think of any additional features that I would need.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Viraj Bhujbal
Technical Presales - Server & Storage at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
Reseller
Good security, user friendly, and simple buying options and deployments

• "It has simple buying options and deployments. You can buy on-cloud, on-premises, or hybrid solutions. Acronis Backup is very easy to deploy. It also does not consume much hardware. The administrator's tasks are very simple. It is very user friendly, and it also has good security features with low-level encryption and data encryption."
  • "They can include something called a backup appliance. Although Acronis is a software-driven company, it would be good for customers to have some kind of backup appliance on top of a lightweight operating system. This will also reduce the cost. Currently, the customers have to buy the hardware in addition to the operating system, which increases the overhead in terms of procurement."

What is most valuable?

It has simple buying options and deployments. You can buy on-cloud, on-premises, or hybrid solutions. Acronis Backup is very easy to deploy. It also does not consume much hardware. The administrator's tasks are very simple.

It is very user friendly, and it also has good security features with low-level encryption and data encryption.

What needs improvement?

They can include something called a backup appliance. Although Acronis is a software-driven company, it would be good for customers to have some kind of backup appliance on top of a lightweight operating system. This will also reduce the cost. Currently, the customers have to buy the hardware in addition to the operating system, which increases the overhead in terms of procurement.

We have started selling Acronis solutions six or seven months ago.

It is stable and scalable. We have not had any complaints from the customers.

I am yet to explore it in terms of scalability in the enterprise environment. It is mostly being used in small companies.

I have not yet contacted them.

It is quite simple to deploy. I have my own team for its maintenance. There are four or five qualified engineers.

It is very cost-effective for the SMB segment, especially for start-ups and smaller environments. It is cost-effective for on-premises and on-cloud deployments in such environments.

What other advice do I have?

We have recently started to sell Acronis solutions. We have been helping customers to understand what Acronis is all about. We give demos to our customers, and customers are quite happy with the demo and cost of Acronis. Overall, it is a good product.

I would recommend this solution for smaller environments. It is mostly being used in small companies. Enterprise customers also usually use it for small projects. I haven't explored it for customers with a really big environment. For big enterprise customers, there are other solutions, like Veritas NetBackup, that provide scalability and support for big infrastructures.

I would rate Acronis Backup an eight out of ten.

AK
Senior Infrastructure Consultant at FORUM INTERNATIONAL
Reliable, scalable, and easy installation with detailed documentation

What is our primary use case?

We installed the Acronis Backup agents on the user's computer stations that require backups. We then created a schedule and a backup policy. Additionally, we deployed Acronis Backup on the Windows Server. I connected with the local discs of the server, which will be the targets of the backups.

What is most valuable?

For my first experience, it is the best software for backups, especially for a five-system backup.

What needs improvement?

The solution could improve by providing more database backup features and have better integration with many different types of databases. We cannot implement it in all of our infrastructures.

I have been using this solution for approximately one year.

What do I think about

What needs improvement?

I have been using this solution for approximately one year.

I have found the solution stable and has good performance.

The solution is scalable.

The solution is simple to deploy with the provided documentation that was very detailed.

The implementation took us approximately two days with two engineers.

There is a license required for this solution and it can be on a monthly basis.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others.

I rate Acronis Backup an eight out of ten.

MC
Solution Consultant at HGC Global Communications Limited
A full software service product with quick deployment but lacking in technical support

• "This is a full software so deployment time is very quick."
  • "No technical support and minimal documentation."

What is our primary use case?

I'm a solutions consultant and we're a customer of Acronis.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of the solution for me is that it's a full software as a service product so deployment time will be very quick.

What needs improvement?

We're based in Hong Kong and I think if Acronis could provide local support and some local consultants that would be an improvement. I've just carried out the trial on the solution and actually there is no technical support available for this product. There is also minimal documentation available and if that could be improved it would make a big difference.

I've been using a trial version of the product for two months.

It's a stable solution.

The scalability of the product is fine. It's a cloud product so you just purchase online. For now, I'm the only one in the company using the solution. Once testing is complete that will change.

I'm using the software as a service, so there's no installation.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a seven out of 10.

Download our free Acronis Backup Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.