Acumatica OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Acumatica is the #4 ranked solution in our list of top Cloud ERP tools. It is most often compared to Oracle ERP Cloud: Acumatica vs Oracle ERP Cloud

What is Acumatica?
Acumatica creates cloud accounting and enterprise resource planning (ERP)software.Acumaticaproducts are designed to be intuitive, yet comprehensive and powerful. Since 2008, the company has designed systems that are powerful, flexible and offer turn-key ease of implementation. The company studied the needs of its clients and developed cloud ERP software with comprehensive features. Acumatica focused on the flexibility of the solutions, allowing the scaling of resources and features to fit each client's need. Acumatica's ERP is a reliable end product that fits well in manybusiness environments and industries. Whether working in a traditional office or bringing business outside of the office, Acumatica'sERP software solutions have earned a reputation for quality. Acumatica's cloud ERP software is designed for mobility. Employees can use the mobile systems to stay in touch with their business and customers from anywhere in the world that has an Internet connection. Whether users need to enter data while traveling, generate reports before an off-site meeting, or interact in real-time with coworkers around the world, the Acumatica ERP and business management software is the right tool for the job. Built for the cloud, it's easy to see what sets Acumatica apart from other software-as-a-service (SaaS) ERP vendors. The company understands the importance of movement in modern business. ERP software solutions never need to live on a desktop. They can travel the world, helping create more effective business strategies along the way. Not sure if Acumatica is the best solution for your business? See more of the top ERP solutionsin our product database.

Download the CRM Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: October 2021

Acumatica Customers
TH Milk, Youngevity, S&S Activewear, Pool Source, IMG Enterprises, Traveldoo Technologies, Open Mobile, DDB Unlimited
Acumatica Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Acumatica pricing:
  • "It is very expensive for a small business. If you're a small business, it is not a very good solution in that aspect, but if you are big and have more manufacturing, it is well worth it. It comes with the ability to integrate with one website. We had to modify ours. We customized it so that we could do hundreds of websites. In Texas, I believe that we were the only one ever to be integrated with hundreds of websites. So, the development of our API probably cost us a hundred grand, and then there would be maintenance. That's all outside of the standard licensing fee."

Acumatica Reviews

Jody Lorincz
IT Manager at MHR Brands
Provided one solution for everything and housed everything for us

• "The way everything integrated well with everything else was most valuable. We had one solution for everything, from the first phone call down to follow-up visits for wholesale callers and for just regular purchases."
  • "We should be able to personalize it for the company. There should be more customization of the pages so that they seem more like a company rather than as an outside company. We should be able to change company images and things like that and do this kind of personalization."

What is our primary use case?

I used it in my previous company. I'm not with that company anymore, but it is still being used there. Three months ago would be the last time I implemented it.

Acumatica did everything. From our shipping platform, we integrated it with our website for drop shipping and our manufacturing. Everything was run through Acumatica, such as sales and customer management.

It was a cloud-based service. Our instance was hosted on a server at Acumatica, and then we had the modules for manufacturing.

How has it helped my organization?

Having everything in one database made it a lot easier in the long run. If we needed anything, we didn't have to check in multiple systems. We could just log in to Acumatica.

What is most valuable?

It housed everything for us, such as customer information, product information, product changes, and pictures for the product. We had everything linked so that it would automatically integrate with our website.

What needs improvement?

Some of the customization features are a little bit difficult to use if you're not really well-versed in SQL. Other than that, it is pretty cut and dry for the end-user.

We should be able to personalize it for the company. There should be more customization of the pages so that they seem more like a company rather than as an outside company. We should be able to change company images and things like that and do this kind of personalization.

It is very expensive for a small business.

It seems to be pretty stable. We never had an outage. Occasionally, when it was doing an update, it might slow down a little bit, but other than that, it was functioning as we needed it.

It scales well for medium to large businesses to enterprises, but it is not very good at the smaller end of this. It is not something your local grocery stores or your local smaller businesses would want to use.

In terms of users, we had, at the most, 40 users in the house. We had the portal set up on ours. So, all of our dropship customers or wholesale customers could actually go in and order directly from it. If you counted that, then there were a hundred users.

All of the tech support was handled through the value-added reseller. So, we had an assigned representative from the value-added reseller with whom we worked directly.

We used Salesforce, but it wasn't as versatile.

I wasn't there during the initial deployment, but during one of the upgrade processes, they did botch the integration. So, we had a few issues, and we had to actually start from scratch, but with the import and export scenarios, it was not very difficult. You can set up the entire database and do the whole setup in an hour on a computer. From there, use the import and export scenarios to handle everything. Overall, it takes a couple of hours. One person can deploy it.

Maintenance was done by the value-added reseller. The value-added reseller is the link between the corporate and the end customer. So, they handle all the updates and everything that's needed.

The company saw a return on investment from using this product. It definitely pays for itself, and as long as it covers itself, it is good.

It comes with the ability to integrate with one website. We had to modify ours. We customized it so that we could do hundreds of websites. In Texas, I believe that we were the only one ever to be integrated with hundreds of websites. So, the development of our API probably cost us a hundred grand, and then there would be maintenance. That's all outside of the standard licensing fee.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise having somebody on staff who is familiar with SQL. If you want to put up any kind of special pages and want to have a kind of general inquiry or you want any calculations, you have to be able to write SQL. So, that's the biggest issue.

I would rate Acumatica an eight out of 10.

Other
Product Categories
CRM Cloud ERP
Download our free CRM Report and find out what your peers are saying about Acumatica, Salesforce, Microsoft, and more!