CL
Cyber Security Associate at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
Valuable log-sequence feature and quite stable but does not offer unlimited scans

• "For us, the most valuable aspect of the solution is the log-sequence feature."
  • "The solution limits the number of scans. It would be much better if we could have unlimited scans."

What is our primary use case?

For the last two years, we've primarily used the solution for specific scanning of external web applications for some of our clients.

What is most valuable?

For us, the most valuable aspect of the solution is the log-sequence feature.

The main components covering most of the SQL injection findings are quite useful.

We've never faced any maintenance issues.

What needs improvement?

The solution limits the number of scans. It would be much better if we could have unlimited scans.

We've been using the solution for almost two years now.

We've found the solution to be quite stable. We haven't had any issues with it at all.

The scalability of the solution is quite good. We've never faced any issues with scaling.

Currently, 15 people use the solution in our organization. They're all developers and consultants. We use it every day.

For now, everything about the solution has been fine, so we haven't reached out to technical support.

Before switching to this solution we used the Burp Suite Pro. We switched because we found this solution's findings more accurate. It has better performance.

The initial setup was very straightforward. It was easy. We didn't find it complex at all. The initial setup only takes one to two hours.

I didn't implement the solution personally, however, one of my colleagues did. The installation was handled in-house.

We buy the license annually.

What other advice do I have?

We're Acunetix customers. I'm not sure which version number we are using, but it is the latest one.

Overall, I believe Acunetix to be one of the best products on the market. I'd recommend it. it's very reliable.

I'd rate it seven out of ten.

KashifJamil
CEO at a tech consulting company with 11-50 employees
Reseller
Flexible with fair pricing and good stability

• "Overall, it's a very good tool and a very good engine."
  • "While we do have it integrated with other solutions, it could still offer more integrations."

What is our primary use case?

The solution is primarily used purely as a web-based vulnerability scanning tool.

What is most valuable?

The solution is a very flexible tool.

Overall, it's a very good tool and a very good engine.

The product is very scalable.

We found the solution to be quite stable.

For the number of features on offer, the price point is quite good.

The installation is very straightforward.

What needs improvement?

The solution should work on dealing with the number of false positives it delivers.

I've been dealing with the solution for the past two years.

The solution is very stable. There are no bugs or glitches. It does not crash or freeze. It's very good.

The solution is scalable. If a company needs to expand it, it can do so with relative ease.

Right now, we have four or five of our customers using the product.

The solution's technical support is okay. We have no complaints. They are helpful and responsive and we are satisfied with their level of service.

The initial setup is not too complex. It is simple and straightforward. A company should be able to implement it with ease.

The price point is good. It offers very good value for money.

What other advice do I have?

We are resellers.

We deal with various deployment models including on-premises and the cloud.

I'd recommend the solution to other companies. This is a very good tool for vulnerability assessment. Every organization who has their assets over the internet and are exposed to a public website needs to have vulnerability assessment using Acunetix.

In general, I would rate the solution at a seven out of ten.

Learn what your peers think about Acunetix by Invicti. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: October 2021.
542,608 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Letsogile-Baloi
CEO at IMART OFFICE CONSULTANTS
Reseller
Versatile solution that can operate both as a standalone and can be integrated as part of applications

• "The scalability is good. The scalability is more than good because it can operate both as a standalone and it can be integrated as part of applications. So that really makes it a very, very versatile solution to have."
  • "We want to see how much bandwidth usage it consumes. When we monitor traffic we have issues with the consumption and throttling of the traffic."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is to secure web applications, especially against cross-scripting and other forms of malware that happen at an application level.

What needs improvement?

We've been using Acunetix since 2017.

It is a stable solution. It doesn't have a lot of false positives. You get your logs and reports without any problems.

I haven't contacted technical support because I'm supposed to be the first line of their support. If I need to contact their support, it's because I have problems beyond my scope.

The initial setup was really straightforward. You can do it even if you're not an expert, you just need to download the appliance from their website and then you deploy. It took a few hours.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend Acunetix.

Everything is going cloud-based. They should consider implementing SD-WAN abilities. It will give them the longevity they need.

I would rate it an eight out of ten. Even though some solutions are cloud-native by definition, they are not really next generation because the next generation is fully cloud and properly load balanced.

Download our free Acunetix by Invicti Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.