Alcatel-Lucent OmniSwitch LAN Switches OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Alcatel-Lucent OmniSwitch LAN Switches is #11 ranked solution in top LAN Switching tools. IT Central Station users give Alcatel-Lucent OmniSwitch LAN Switches an average rating of 8 out of 10. Alcatel-Lucent OmniSwitch LAN Switches is most commonly compared to Cisco Catalyst Switches:Alcatel-Lucent OmniSwitch LAN Switches vs Cisco Catalyst Switches.
What is Alcatel-Lucent OmniSwitch LAN Switches?

Alcatel-Lucent OmniSwitch LAN Switches is also known as Alcatel Lucent OmniSwitch LAN Switches, OmniSwitch, OmniSwitch LAN Switches.

Download the LAN Switching Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2021

Alcatel-Lucent OmniSwitch LAN Switches Customers
Advocate Health Care, Al-Farabi Kazakh National University, Azienda Ospedaliera della Provincia di Lodi, Centre Hospitalier Carcassonne, Certis Cisco Security, China Tianchen Engineering Corporation Co. LTD, City of Frankfurt, Dongseo University
Alcatel-Lucent OmniSwitch LAN Switches Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Alcatel-Lucent OmniSwitch LAN Switches pricing:
  • "The price is okay. It's comparable to similar switches."

Alcatel-Lucent OmniSwitch LAN Switches Reviews

Ranjit Bhosle
Network Engineer at Pentagon Network Solutions
Easy to configure and the security features are good

• "The most valuable feature is the ease of configuration."
  • "There is no OEM support in India so RMAs need to be sent to France, which takes a long time if the hardware is faulty."

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and these are some of the networking switches that we implement for our customers.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the ease of configuration. You have a single interface and do not have to switch modes, whether you are configuring the interface, VPN, or otherwise.

The Alcatel APs are very good, with a beautiful design, and they are easy to scale.

The security features are good.

What needs improvement?

There is no OEM support in India so RMAs need to be sent to France, which takes a long time if the hardware is faulty. Having regional support in India would be very helpful.

I have been working with these Alcatel-Lucent switches for the past three years.

We have had no issues in terms of stability.

Scalability for this product is very good.

There is no technical support available in India, which means that we need to call France. It is difficult because they have problems speaking with me in English. There are a large number of misunderstandings.

Their knowledge of the product is good so overall, I would rate their support as average.

I have worked with switches from different vendors, including Cisco. Similar solutions are more difficult to configure.

The initial setup is straightforward. These switches are very easy to configure, using the command line interface only. The deployment normally takes between ten and fifteen minutes, depending on how familiar somebody is with the commands and the process. It generally takes me about ten minutes.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, this is a good product and there are many benefits to using Alcatel-Lucent. It is definitely one that I recommend. If the support were better for us then it would be perfect.

Hybrid Cloud
SL
Technical Sales Representative at a comms service provider with 201-500 employees
Easy-to-use switches that get the job done

What is our primary use case?

These are our core switches; we use them for networking.  Within our organization, there are roughly 30 people using these switches. All maintenance is handled by two staff members.

What is most valuable?

These OmniSwitches are very manageable and easy to configure.

What needs improvement?

I can't think of anything that needs to be improved.

I have been using Alcatel-Lucent OmniSwitch LAN Switches for a couple of years.

These switches are both very stable and scalable.

We haven't had any negative experience with technical support.  Alcatel has a website that you can log onto and ask questions…

What is our primary use case?

These are our core switches; we use them for networking.

What is most valuable?

These OmniSwitches are very manageable and easy to configure.

What needs improvement?

I can't think of anything that needs to be improved.

I have been using Alcatel-Lucent OmniSwitch LAN Switches for a couple of years.

These switches are both very stable and scalable.

We haven't had any negative experience with technical support.

Alcatel has a website that you can log onto and ask questions if you're experiencing any issues.

The initial installation was very straightforward. Standard configuration only takes roughly 40 minutes.

You can do it yourself but you'll need some networking knowledge.

The price is okay. It's comparable to similar switches.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, on a scale from one to ten, I would give this solution a rating of nine. If they lowered the price, I would give them a ten.

Product Categories
LAN Switching
Download our free LAN Switching Report and find out what your peers are saying about Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise, Cisco, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, and more!