Alcatel-Lucent OmniVista OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Alcatel-Lucent OmniVista is #13 ranked solution in top Network Management Applications. IT Central Station users give Alcatel-Lucent OmniVista an average rating of 10 out of 10. Alcatel-Lucent OmniVista is most commonly compared to Cisco DNA Center:Alcatel-Lucent OmniVista vs Cisco DNA Center. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 41% of all views.
What is Alcatel-Lucent OmniVista?

Get cohesive management and network-wide visibility with a full set of tools for converged campus networks and data centers.
With this comprehensive and powerful network management tool, you’ll benefit from a full set of components for infrastructure and device configuration, monitoring, backup, scheduling, security, alerts, quarantine, troubleshooting, downtime resolution, and overall management.

Along with making day-to-day network operations more efficient, the Alcatel-Lucent OmniVista 2500 Network Management System (NMS) provides all the network management tools and reports you need to track and achieve your business goals.

Alcatel-Lucent OmniVista was previously known as Alcatel Lucent OmniVista, Alcatel-Lucent OmniVista 8770, OmniVista 8770, OmniVista 2500, OmniVista Cirrus, Alcatel-Lucent OmniVista 2500, Alcatel-Lucent OmniVista Cirrus, OmniVista 2500 NMS, OmniVista 2500 VMM, OmniVista 3600, OmniVista 3600 Air Manager.

Download the Network Management Applications Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2021

Alcatel-Lucent OmniVista Customers
Blickle and Scherer, Loughborough University, CSF Inox, Caritas Speyer
Alcatel-Lucent OmniVista Video

Alcatel-Lucent OmniVista Reviews

Gary French
Network Administrator - Wireless at Abilene Christian
Makes me more mobile so I can go off and do other things

• "I really like Visual RAF. I use that a lot and then I use the up and down status reports because it'll send me emails and text messages when access points go up or down. That way, I'm aware of what's going on."
  • "I would like to see a little better reporting, not reporting features, the report maker to be a little better."

What is our primary use case?

We use it to monitor and manage our wireless-base and to create reports. It has a little more effective reporting as far as timelines go because it goes back and controllers can't natively do that.

How has it helped my organization?

It makes me a little more mobile. Instead of having to sit there and monitor 1,300 access points with a window's glass, it's that moment I can control, I can provide, I can go off and do other things. And if something happens, I get a message. That way, it makes me a little more mobile.

What needs improvement?

I have been using this solution for over two years.

It's incredibly stable. I haven't had any problems with it.

It could scale up to however many access points you provided, as long as you keep in mind hardware limits.

I'm the network admin so I'm the main user of it. My boss, the director uses it for some reporting. And then the other network administrator uses it from time to time as needed.

We only need to do updates and maintenance every once in a while. It only needs one person to maintain it.

I've never had to use technical support because it's like the rest of Alcatel stuff, it's good.

The initial setup was straightforward. It was pretty easy with them.

What other advice do I have?

Make sure you're organized when you set it up because I think it would be harder to recover from a lack of organization than anything on there.

Its interface is a little clunky as far as making the reports. A "what you see is what you get" editor type thing would be pretty good.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Robert Dagostino
President at Dagostino Electronic Services, Inc.
Feature-rich, good support, easy to deploy, and very stable and scalable

• "Being able to see the health of the network is most valuable. It is very strong in terms of stability and scalability. Their technical support is also good."
  • "It needs to be infused with more artificial intelligence and machine learning."

What is our primary use case?

It is our single pane of glass for the management and incident reporting of both wired and wireless infrastructure.

What is most valuable?

Being able to see the health of the network is most valuable. It is very strong in terms of stability and scalability. Their technical support is also good.

What needs improvement?

It needs to be infused with more artificial intelligence and machine learning.

I have been working with the Alcatel product set for about 21 years. I have been working with OmniVista for probably three years.

It is very strong in terms of stability.

It is also very strong in terms of scalability.

Their technical support is good. As a matter of fact, we've been able to have a dialogue with the product specialists who continue to enrich the product.

Its initial setup is rather straightforward.

It does contribute to a return on investment.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise others to just explore the power that exists within the platform. It is very rich, and you should really explore all the assets of the product. We're just beginning to work with their API, and so far, it is not bad.

I would rate Alcatel-Lucent OmniVista an eight out of ten.

Private Cloud

Other
Find out what your peers are saying about Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise, Cisco, Huawei and others in Network Management Applications. Updated: November 2021.
553,954 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Ronaldo Nevola
Solutions Architect at a comms service provider with 1,001-5,000 employees
Beneficial reports, stable, and scalable

What is our primary use case?

We use the Alcatel-Lucent OmniVista for analytics, appointment manager, and security.

What is most valuable?

The reports are good.

What needs improvement?

The location of the WiFi connection should be available to all users.

I have been using Alcatel-Lucent OmniVista for approximately five years.

The solution is stable.

Alcatel-Lucent OmniVista is scalable.

The technical support was good. I did not have any problems with them.

What is our primary use case?

What is most valuable?

The reports are good.

What needs improvement?

The location of the WiFi connection should be available to all users.

I have been using Alcatel-Lucent OmniVista for approximately five years.

The solution is stable.

Alcatel-Lucent OmniVista is scalable.

The technical support was good. I did not have any problems with them.

The solution was easy for me to set up. The time frame of installation depends on many variables. It took us two days.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others.

I rate Alcatel-Lucent OmniVista a ten out of ten.

Download our free Network Management Applications Report and find out what your peers are saying about Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise, Cisco, Huawei, and more!