AlgoSec Competitors and Alternatives
Read reviews of AlgoSec competitors and alternatives
Network Architect at a transportation company with 10,001+ employees
Real UserTop 20
Apr 4, 2019
SecureChange feature enables firewall rule automation, but Security Groups are pricey
What is our primary use case?We deployed a proof of concept. We added most of our firewall base to Tufin, although not all. We checked and tested Check Point, Palo Alto, Juniper, Cisco routers, Juniper routers, and F5 load balancers. Mostly we grabbed one instance of each of our technology devices, added it to Tufin, and tried different things. We tried SecureTrack and some basic SecureChange to try to automate our firewall partitions, the firewall "tickets." We presented a form to users to enter the source, destination, service, etc. This was our PoC. Right now, we're in the process of purchasing Tufin.
Pros and Cons
- "SecureChange is the most interesting part. It all comes down to having the user request firewall access and SecureChange, based on workflows, takes care of it, sending two or three emails to the business approvers. With one click, you can automate a firewall rule."
- "The change workflow process is flexible and customizable. I was really impressed with it. It's pretty easy. You can add automatic validation steps. Depending on the security matrix, you can pre-allow whatever flow you want."
- "The interface is like a 1990s kind of thing. It's a little ugly. There are many things that you cannot tweak, little things like the column width and how you display the information. You end up exporting everything to an Excel file and doing your work there."
- "The documentation site is horrible as well. It has a tree structure, and you really get lost quite easily."
What other advice do I have?Don't bother with the web interface, calm down, don't worry, everything will be fine. They will improve it. The rest of it, I don't have any issues. They're technically prepared, the tool does its thing. The only two things I would be patient with are the web interface and that documentation which is not really well organized. Besides that, it's pretty easy. It's pretty easy to configure and, once you start using it, you will see the potential. AlgoSec, Skybox, and all those tools probably have the potential as well. But Tufin is easy enough for everybody. What we don't use, and what we are…
Solution Architect at Beta Information Technology
Rich vulnerability management that is controlled from a single pane of glass, but the network modeling capability needs improvement
What is our primary use case?We are a system integrator and this is one of the products that we implement for our clients. This is one of the vendors that we focus on, from a security standpoint. Skybox has an amazing portfolio that makes up the security solution. You can onboard your network devices with the network assurance module. This includes layer three, layer two switches, load balancers, and so on. This partially builds the network model for the infrastructure and the entire security platform is built off of that.
Pros and Cons
- "The most valuable feature is firewall management."
- "The Network Assurance, which helps to create the network model, is not so rich."
What other advice do I have?My advice to anybody who is implementing this product is to make sure that they utilize it. The usage of it should be mandated for the NOC and SOC. They should use a single dashboard to take care of all of your infrastructure components. When a Skybox representative visits to discuss this solution, it is important to discuss the use cases properly. Have a good project plan and it is also very important to have the right partner. They should be certified, trained, and involved at all stages. Overall, it is a pretty good product. When you use it, you will see the benefit of it. I would rate this…
Info Assurance Engineer at a aerospace/defense firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
Jun 26, 2019
It helps reduce the complexity of the firewall rule set, but we need the end-to-end mapping feature working
What is our primary use case?The primary use case is optimizing firewall rules.
Pros and Cons
- "It gives us the ability to go to one place to look for potential firewall rules that are inappropriate, or which don't meet compliance. Instead of manually searching hundreds of firewalls for a policy, we can go to this one location and find the rules which are now out of compliance."
- "The AWS integration is still not mature for us to use. It is just not ready for our use case for AWS connectivity. Therefore, it does not provide us with a single pane of glass for our cloud environments, because we can't manage our cloud environment with the tool."
What other advice do I have?Each deployment scenario will be unique. A robust proof of concept is key to make sure it will meet all of your intended use cases. The solution is managing 25 percent of our firewalls right now. We probably won't increase usage until we can get the required features for firewall change rule management to work correctly. We probably will not increase usage until that works. I would rate it as a six (out of ten). We need the end-to-end mapping feature working to make it a ten. That is just our next phase. I don't know what other problems that we will run into. There is a lot to deploy before we…
Enterprise Architect - Information Security at a transportation company with 5,001-10,000 employees
Simple and easy to use but needs better graphical visualization
Pros and Cons
- "Overall the solution does a good job."
- "The solution lacks a lot of features that other products have in the marketplace."
What other advice do I have?We're not personally using the solution. We provide services for it and consider using it for our clients. I can speak about the product, however, I cannot discuss how the solution is deployed or anything around that. My job is to evaluate platforms and technologies. It's a good product, but I'd advise those considering the solution to also evaluate other products in the marketplace against their requirements and then decide that if they want something quick and fast and relatively cheap or not. For quick and cheap, ManageEngine ticks those boxes. If they want something that's more…
Security Unit Manager at Digital Hub Egypt
Aug 21, 2019
A straightforward setup with good firewall reporting dashboards
What is our primary use case?The solution is primarily used as a firewall reporting feature.
Pros and Cons
- "The dashboards are very good on Palo Alto. They offer a centralized dashboard for managers as well."
- "Panorama needs to work on its configuration issues."