What is Alteryx?
Alteryx is a self-service data analytics solution, that provides a platform that can prep, blend, and analyze all of your data, then deploy and share analytics in hours. It can automate time-consuming and manual data tasks while performing predictive, statistical, and spatial analytics in the same workflow. It uses a drag and drop tool with an intuitive user interface with no coding and programming required. Alteryx licenses are subscription-based and include all product updates and support to their customers.
Alteryx Buyer's Guide
Download the Alteryx Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: January 2021
AnalyticsIq Inc., belk, BloominBrands Inc., Cardinalhealth, Cineplex, Dairy Queen
What users are saying about Alteryx pricing:
- "The pricing is $5000 per year per production license."
- "We have a yearly cost that we pay for the licensing. We do not pay any costs in addition to the licensing fees."
- "Opt for the three year subscription. It is 20% less than the yearly one."
- "ROI is huge. There are some secondary benefits, like analysts getting their post 5 PM time back or the ability to shorten all closing processes to a half or less."
- "It is $4,000 a year, so it is cheap versus other solutions. It also accomplishes three times the volume on the job in the same time (as the other solutions)."
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- Review Length
Showingreviews based on the current filters.
Deputy Manager at Keppel
Real UserTop 20
Dec 29, 2019
Does a good job of end-to-end integration as well as accessing data from multiple sources or email modes
What is our primary use case?I am using the product for making machine learning models for particular uses that we have to focus on analytics.
Pros and Cons
- "This is a drag-and-drop tool which is easy-to-use and yet can be customized by creating your own components."
- "The GUI interface functions but it could stand to be updated to a more modern look and feel."
What other advice do I have?I have a really good impression of Alteryx at this point in time. So I would suggest to people who are considering this type of solution to go ahead and try it. If you are looking for a self-service data analytics tool, Alteryx is a good solution. It does a good job of end-to-end integration as well as accessing data from multiple sources or email modes. Then you can push data out to Tableau and Power BI or tools like that if you need other capabilities. So, 'go ahead and try it' would be my recommendation. On a scale from one to ten where ten is the best and one it the worst, I would rate…
Technology Sales & Cybersecurity Professional at a computer software company with 51-200 employees
Dec 30, 2019
End-users can complete analysis projects without knowing the code but there should be both cloud and on-premises options
What is our primary use case?The team uses Alteryx for many things because they code various algorithms to create different dashboards. These are used as solutions for various things from sales to customer experience to whatever else the customer needs. So there are many areas where the team is using the product. There is not one, but as of now, there are some 30 different use cases that we have.
Pros and Cons
- "The ease-of-use allows non-technical business users to directly create their own solutions without the use of additional development resources."
- "There is currently no cloud solution and this would be valuable for many clients."
What other advice do I have?Advice that I would give to people considering Alteryx as a solution depends on the real needs from business to business and in accord with what use cases they have. I think Alteryx definitely takes away the potential problem of having to have a lot of technical expertise. Any business user can use Alteryx to develop their business case and use the program's options much quicker without having the technical knowledge and programming know-how. It really depends on the skills and resources of the individuals in the company. They should use Alteryx if they want users to be able to walk through…
Learn what your peers think about Alteryx. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2021.
455,962 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Director at Decision Science
Real UserTop 5Popular
Nov 6, 2020
Speeds up the time to obtain business answers/insights on data
What is our primary use case?* Data acquisition, accessing all types of data services no matter the format, vendor or platform, I can connect, read and process the data. * Data blending and descriptive, creating consolidated data sets, such as joins, unions, summarize, and all basic and advanced data manipulation tasks. * Advanced analytics, like predictive and prescriptive analysis, which are very good tools. * Preparation It involves reading multiple data sources, in different formats, reshaping and blending them together to answer business questions. We generate models for predictions and optimization.
Pros and Cons
- "Shortens the time required to start analyzing data and looking for insights, minimizing the tasks that do not add value to the business and maximizing the analysis phase."
- "Alteryx speeds up the time to obtain business answers/insights on data."
- "It is one of the most complete and great customer service that I experienced with a software company/ecosystem."
- "Even when it already includes some AI models, this area could be improved."
- "It would be great to create the final users' visualization within Alteryx."
What other advice do I have?Download the trial and test it. You will be amazed. It is the complete package for people who work with data. Most important criteria when selecting a vendor: * Provide a good product. * Have good support. * Needs a clear vision of the future with a very solid roadmap.
Director at a non-tech company with 11-50 employees
May 26, 2020
Stable and very fast with good scalability options
What is our primary use case?Our clients buy the product license and then ask us to configure and set it up for them. We also provide training on product use and act as troubleshooters if customers have problems. The company has a 15-member team that provides training and consulting on multiple technologies. We have clients who are from tax, audit, and automation. They also use Automation Anywhere and Robotic Process Automation Application. There are three primary use cases for this product. Firstly, we have a case study that involved lot of buy and sell transactions in Dubai (real estate). We wanted to create a model… more »
Pros and Cons
- "The product is very stable and super fast, five-star. It's significantly more stable than it's nearest competitor."
- "The only area where the product lags is documentation and videos on the analytical app and the batch macro."
What other advice do I have?I would suggest that the decision to purchase the product should be based on a company's level of deployment. If it's for a process for a pharma company, which is a smaller enterprise. then I recommend starting with KNIME. As the data gets bigger, switch to Alteryx. I think they should have a student version just like Tableau does. Not all the tools, but the basic top 10 or 15 tools. The reason I suggest this is because there's a huge need for Alteryx users, but because of its 14-day trial period, a lot of students cannot get a handle on it so a scaled-down light version would be good. I would…
Solutions Consultant at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Jul 7, 2020
A complete solution with very good user experience and a nice user interface
What is our primary use case?We're using the solution primarily to clean up some of our customer CRM data and to integrate it with some of our Salesforce requirements.
Pros and Cons
- "The solution has a very strong community that is involved in the product. It helps make the usage easier and helps us find answers to our questions."
- "There's a big jump in terms of pricing between license tiers. I'm not sure I understand why the price jumps are so high."
What other advice do I have?We're simply users of the solution. We don't have a professional relationship with Alteryx. We're currently using the designer license, however, I'm not sure of the exact version I'm currently on right now. I believe it is the latest version. There's a 14-day free trial for those organizations that would like to try the solution before they commit to anything. I would recommend the solution, 100%. It basically has everything we need. While we don't have all the features on offer in our particular license, it does have everything we need, and if our needs change, we can always move up to the…
Logistics improvement Analyst at a manufacturing company with 5,001-10,000 employees
Jan 12, 2021
Complicated to use for advanced tasks, although good for simple data mining and data extraction
What is our primary use case?Alteryx is one of our primary tools in our company and we use it mainly for future analytics. We are primarily trying to determine what the past has looked like and then apply predictive analytics.
Pros and Cons
- "I like the fact that you can easily blend data from different platforms."
- "Alteryx is just as complicated as coding, in my opinion."
What other advice do I have?Although I use this product regularly, I used to code for many years and I am not a big fan of tools like Alteryx. I don't think that it's a good product, and the reason is that when the use cases get more complex, the models get exponentially larger and more complex to put together. My advice for anybody who is implementing this product is not to underestimate the need for training, in particular, when your use cases get a little more complex. I would rate this solution a five out of ten.
Advance Analytics PO at a pharma/biotech company with 10,001+ employees
Oct 22, 2020
Nice dashboard and good customizations but can be complex
What is our primary use case?We primarily use the solution for all machine learning projects, including perspective molding. We're using it for our marketing efforts.
Pros and Cons
- "There are a lot of good customization capabilities."
- "The solution can be quite complex in some aspects."
What other advice do I have?We're just a customer. We don't have a business relationship with Alteryx. I haven't updated to the latest version yet. I'm unsure which version of the solution I'm currently using. We are, as an organization, shifting and moving away from the solution. We are now going to utilize a new tool that is being selected. Due to some complexities in Alteryx, we are moving away from it. Overall, I'd rate it seven out of ten. It has a lot going for it, however, we need a solution that's less complex and offers more coding capabilities.
Manager - Analytics at Bigtree Entertainment Pvt Ltd (Bookmyshow)
Real UserTop 20
Jul 2, 2020
Stable, scalable, and offers excellent drag and drop features
What is our primary use case?We primarily use the solution for ETL purposes and also for a lot of our modeling and scheduling.
Pros and Cons
- "The solution has excellent drag and drop functionality. There's no need for coding."
- "The solution just lacks in terms of data visualization. That is why we use Tableau and Qlik in our organization. They help to pick up the slack. If data visualization was added, Alteryx would be a very good tool, and much more complete."
What other advice do I have?We're just a customer. We don't have a business relationship with the company. Our organization is dealing with large amounts of data, yet we do not have the money to buy a Microsoft product like SQL. Alteryx is a pretty good alternative to handle the ETL part of the workload. We've been largely satisfied with the solution. I would rate the solution eight out of ten overall. We've been happy with the results that have been provided to us so far. If the solution offered a connector as a direct input for MySQL, or better data visualization, I'd rate it higher.
See 11 more Alteryx Reviews
Download our free Alteryx Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.