Alteryx Overview

Alteryx is the #1 ranked solution in our list of top Predictive Analytics tools. It is most often compared to KNIME: Alteryx vs KNIME

What is Alteryx?

Alteryx is a self-service data analytics solution, that provides a platform that can prep, blend, and analyze all of your data, then deploy and share analytics in hours. It can automate time-consuming and manual data tasks while performing predictive, statistical, and spatial analytics in the same workflow. It uses a drag and drop tool with an intuitive user interface with no coding and programming required. Alteryx licenses are subscription-based and include all product updates and support to their customers.

Alteryx Buyer's Guide

Download the Alteryx Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2021

Alteryx Customers

AnalyticsIq Inc., belk, BloominBrands Inc., Cardinalhealth, Cineplex, Dairy Queen

Alteryx Video

Filter Archived Reviews (More than two years old)

AP
Tableau Developer at Borrego Health
We use it for data blending and complex data manipulation and augmentation.

What is our primary use case?

Data blending and complex data manipulation and augmentation.

How has it helped my organization?

Fast return on investment Increased data analytics productivity.

What is most valuable?

Workflows and a large number of tools were a quick QA methodology and rapid prototype creation tool.

What needs improvement?

More emphasis on extensible R and data augmentation interface design.

DM
User at KPMG
Fast data processing and cleaning features have improved my organization

What is our primary use case?

ETL.

How has it helped my organization?

Fast data processing and cleaning.

What is most valuable?

Crosstab and transpose.

What needs improvement?

Add inbuilt interactive visualization in Alteryx.

Learn what your peers think about Alteryx. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
509,570 professionals have used our research since 2012.
BA
Director at a consultancy with 1-10 employees
It collects data, manipulation and some Geo-spacial mapping.

What is our primary use case?

It collects data and manipulation and some Geo-spacial mapping.

• "The tools are built-in. You just plug and play, drag and drop, once you understand how to use the tools, it is easy."
  • "I think better visualization would be helpful to this solution."
  • "It is a little bit pricey."
  • "It seems to me that it is not always user friendly."

What other advice do I have?

I would advise that you should ask yourself what you need and want, and do a one-month trial.
JV
Consultant at The Information Lab
User
Helps clean messy data and provides spatial analysis

What is our primary use case?

I implemented Alteryx for a logistics company.  It helps clean messy data and provides spatial analysis.

How has it helped my organization?

We create workflows to automate central reporting and visualize data directly in Tableau.  We use Alteryx everyday. Using the product, we earn a lot of time, which is used to do other tasks.

What is most valuable?

Multicategories exist in Alteryx: These categories are flexible and answer a lot of controlling rules.

What needs improvement?

Alteryx could be improved in the area of analytics and central governance.  The next feature release should include easier reporting.  Improvement in the coexistence of In-Database, Python and R tools.

Professor Adjunct at a university with 5,001-10,000 employees
It saves time on a lot projects

What is our primary use case?

Data integration Automation Data analytics

How has it helped my organization?

It saves time on a lot projects.

What is most valuable?

The analytics are easy.

What needs improvement?

In the database, it should be more functional and connect to more big data, especially using IPI.

More than five years.
Senior Insights Analyst at a consultancy with 1,001-5,000 employees
Geo features have made spatial mapping large retail universes possible

What is our primary use case?

It handles multiple large data sources, and prepping/manipulating the feed to the Live dashboards for internal and external distribution.

• "It allows for manipulation and automation, which has greatly reduced the amount of time required per project."
  • "Geo features have made spatial mapping large retail universes possible."
  • "A feature which allows the user to be able to click on an output (in a file browser) and see the creation of the module would be fantastic."
  • "When a process completes there is a notification, but the notification does not include the process's name."
Global People Analytics & Metrics Analyst at a manufacturing company with 10,001+ employees
Provides a single source of truth to help us see the bigger picture

• "The value add of Alteryx is the agility for making changes, and speed of deployment."
  • "The learning curve is long, and there is lack of e-learning; the tool is not user-friendly to a non-technical user."

What other advice do I have?

I am using the desktop version. The only issue is it supports only a 64-bit system so I have to use an earlier version. My advice to regarding this product is to keep learning and not rely too much on the support team.
Billigence VP for Europe at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Has predictive models, which are easy to use, and help a lot with fast design and deployment​

• "Predictive models, which are easy to use, and help a lot with fast design and deployment​."

What other advice do I have?

Start small and prove the value for specific use cases.
    Founding Partner at Altdata Analytics
    Provides spatial tools for geographic analysis and data enrichment

• "One-stop shop for data preparation, blending, prediction, and optimization in a single workflow."
    • "More statistics tools: We can use to compare SPSS statistics with some automated advisory."

What other advice do I have?

This solution has a very bold vision.
    Founder, CEO, & President at Krystal Sekurity
    Intuitive and you don’t need to know how to write code to use it.

What other advice do I have?

Try the free trial. As a multiple data source blending tool and predictive analytics tool, Alteryx stands out from an ease-of-use and flexibility perspective.
    Business Intelligence Consultant at a computer software company with 51-200 employees
    Its drag and drop workflow creation capability is like drawing a flow chart.

What other advice do I have?

It would be great to find a local partner to do some training and use the consultation service at the beginning. It would help you and your staff to learn fast. It is a very user-friendly product that doesn’t require a strong technical background; you can build something within an hour. It encourages self-service, has good capacity and supports a variety of data sources.
    Associate Solutions Analyst at a healthcare company with 501-1,000 employees
    I can pipe external data onto a server in a temporary table. This frees my machine up while the server does all the heavy lifting.

What other advice do I have?

Before you download the 14-day trial, compile a list of processes that you want to improve. Once you start improving processes, you won’t want the trial to run out.