Amazon AWS CloudSearch OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Amazon AWS CloudSearch is the #2 ranked solution in our list of top Search as a Service vendors. It is most often compared to Amazon Kendra: Amazon AWS CloudSearch vs Amazon Kendra

What is Amazon AWS CloudSearch?

Amazon CloudSearch is a managed service in the AWS Cloud that makes it simple and cost-effective to set up, manage, and scale a search solution for your website or application.
Amazon CloudSearch supports 34 languages and popular search features such as highlighting, autocomplete, and geospatial search. With Amazon CloudSearch, you can quickly add rich search capabilities to your website or application. You don't need to become a search expert or worry about hardware provisioning, setup, and maintenance. With a few clicks in the AWS Management Console, you can create a search domain and upload the data that you want to make searchable, and Amazon CloudSearch will automatically provision the required resources and deploy a highly tuned search index.

You can easily change your search parameters, fine tune search relevance, and apply new settings at any time. As your volume of data and traffic fluctuates, Amazon CloudSearch seamlessly scales to meet your needs.

Download the Search as a Service Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: October 2021

Amazon AWS CloudSearch Customers

SmugMug

Amazon AWS CloudSearch Video

Archived Amazon AWS CloudSearch Reviews (more than two years old)

RS
Software Engineer
CDN service reduces latency when accessing our web application

• "CDN service reduces latency when accessing our web application."
  • "Regarding the period of propagation on CDN servers, sometimes we update photos or files and we don't see the update instantly. We need to wait for sometime."

What is our primary use case?

It was an e-commerce website, which I think that it is self-explanatory how much you need to use photos how much you care about how long is to load a photo.

How has it helped my organization?

• Storage of photos and files which can be accessed anyplace, anytime, extremely quickly.
  • More information (files) can be stored safely

What is most valuable?

CDN service, which reduces latency when accessing our web application it is a great earn in performance.

What needs improvement?

I think that currently it works very well. I mentioned the period of propagation on CDN servers. Sometimes, we update some photos or files and we don't see the update instantly. We need to wait for sometime, which is quite boring because we may be setting up a marketing campaign which is related to the product's photo and we need to wait to start.

Three to five years.

Sometimes, with time to the propagation of the CDN.

Never any scalability issues.

Satisfactory.

The change was mainly because of the CDN servers.

It was quite easy because we have good knowledge, but the documentation of the product is excellent.

I would say that it is an investment.

What other advice do I have?

Think about making good use of the tool, meaning: Look at your project or requirements and restructure thinking of the use of CloudSearch.

it_user799506
Senior Technical Lead at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Text-based search API and geospatial searches are valuable but index cleanup can be painful

• "Document indexing, text-based search API, and Geospatial searches are all good features."
  • "Latlon data type only supports single value per document. All other types support multiple values. We faced issues with this because we had scenarios where, for each document, we needed to store multiple latlon values for different geographical locations."
  • "Index cleanup is sometimes painful. No easy way to clean indexes or a bulk of documents. Full indexing or regeneration of entire indexes sometimes gets stuck. In one instance, we had to delete the entire index and re-create it."

How has it helped my organization?

We were able to build the core search functionality using this product.

What is most valuable?

• Document indexing
  • Text-based search API
  • Geospatial searches

What needs improvement?

No issues with stability.

This was the first implementation, we did not switch from any other product.

No setup required, as it is on cloud.

I was not involved with pricing and licensing, I was only involved in implementation.

I would suggest looking at Elasticsearch. I am currently using it and I feel it is more flexible and easy to use.

Product Categories
Search as a Service
Download our free Search as a Service Report and find out what your peers are saying about Amazon, Algolia, Elastic, and more!
Quick Links