Anaconda Overview

Anaconda is the #6 ranked solution in our list of top Data Science Platforms. It is most often compared to Amazon SageMaker: Anaconda vs Amazon SageMaker

What is Anaconda?

Anaconda makes it easy for you to install and maintain Python environments. Our development team tests to ensure compatibility of Python packages in Anaconda. We support and provide open source assurance for packages in Anaconda to mitigate your risk in using open source and meet your regulatory compliance requirements.

Python is the fastest growing language for data science. Anaconda includes 720+ Python open source packages and now includes essential R packages. This powerful combination allows you to do everything you want from BI to advanced modeling on complex Big Data

Anaconda Buyer's Guide

Download the Anaconda Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: January 2021

Anaconda Customers

LinkedIn, NASA, Boeing, JP Morgan, Recursion Pharmaceuticals, DARPA, Microsoft, Amazon, HP, Cisco, Thomson Reuters, IBM, Bridgestone

Anaconda Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Anaconda pricing:
  • "The product is open-source and free to use."
  • "The licensing costs for Anaconda are reasonable."

Anaconda Reviews

Levente
Data Engineer at a government with self employed
Jun 17, 2020
Responsive, sleek and had a beautiful interface that is pleasant to use

What is our primary use case?

l began using it because it was open source and it was free and I knew other people who were using it. I just installed it and I got on with my testing. It was very useful for me because I could save my coding and present it to my assessor.

• "The product is responsive, sleek and has a beautiful interface that is pleasant to use. It helps users to easily share code."
  • "One thing that hurts the product is that the company is not doing more to advertise it as a solution and make it more well known."

What other advice do I have?

My only advice to people considering this type of solution is just to use Anaconda. It is a good product. Other products are good as well, but this is one you should try in this category. On a scale of one to ten where one is the worst and ten is the best, I would rate Anaconda in comparison to other products as between nine and ten. It is a very good solution. I will rate it a nine as there is always room for improvement.
reviewer1251057
Head - Data Science (Senior Program Manager) at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Dec 19, 2019
A framework with an extensive set of libraries for building predictive models

What is our primary use case?

We use different data science platforms for customer-specific projects. Whatever is being requested by, or is required by the customer, we learn it. Python is one of the technologies that we have a lot of experience with, and it is part of Anaconda. Our primary use case is analytics. We use Anaconda to build models that predict the probability of an event, or it can be used for classification purposes. There are various uses for this tool. One of the things that we do is subrogation and I can explain by using the example of a car accident. When an accident happens, you take your car to your… more »

• "The most valuable feature is the set of libraries that are used to support the functionality that we require."
  • "I think that the framework can be improved to make it easier for people to discover and use things on their own."

What other advice do I have?

This is a great tool to work with, even if you are starting your career in analytics or another stream like data engineering or data science. This is a tool for everyone because you don't need to think about many things, such as what needs to be installed. I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.
Learn what your peers think about Anaconda. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2021.
455,164 professionals have used our research since 2012.
reviewer1066977
Solution Architect/Technical Manager - Business Intelligence at a tech services company with 5,001-10,000 employees
Dec 15, 2019
Includes lots of pre-built libraries and has good community support

What is our primary use case?

I use this solution for some of my assignments. Basically, it is used to take data from our database, analyze it, and make predictions.

• "The most advantageous feature is the logic building."
  • "The ability to schedule scripts for the building and monitoring of jobs would be an advantage for this platform."

What other advice do I have?

Our team is working on expanding the use of Anaconda. They're doing some research with respect to some of the libraries and modules, trying to do different things with existing datasets. I have been doing some slicing and analysis based on what has already been developed, and we are trying new things now. My advice for anybody who is implementing this solution is to start with a straightforward deployment. However, if they want to start with deep learning immediately, the functionality is there, but I would recommend the full deployment. This is a good solution, but there is a little room for…
reviewer1398909
Engineer at a university with 51-200 employees
Reseller
Aug 16, 2020
Good virtualization, great documentation, and has an active supportive community

• "The documentation is excellent and the solution has a very large and active community that supports it."
  • "When you install Anaconda for the first time, it's really difficult to update it."

What other advice do I have?

I can't do an update on the solution, so I don't have the latest version. I'm one version behind the latest. I'm a developer. I work in data science. I work with different data science libraries like Pandas, NumPy, etc., and I use it for analyzing data. Therefore, I'm more of a customer than I am a partner. I don't have a business relationship with the company. I'd recommend the solution to others. Overall, I'd rate the solution eight out of ten. It's quite good. It just needs to be more stable and easier to update.
reviewer1381326
Analytics Analyst at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Aug 16, 2020
Interesting, user friendly, and outstanding among the other competitors

What is our primary use case?

In Anaconda, we get everything: RStudio, Spyder, and Jupyter. R Studio is for R, and Spyder and Jupyter are for Python. Using these, we will be doing data wrangling and data modeling for a developing project.

• "It's interesting. It's user friendly. That's what makes it outstanding among the others. It has a collection of R, Python, and others. Their platform strategy has a collection of many other visualization tools, apart from Spyder and RStudio, which is really helpful for data science. For any data science professional, Anaconda is really handy. It has almost all the tools for data science."
  • "It crashes once in a while. In case of a reboot or something unexpected, the unseen code part will get diminished, and it relatively takes longer than other applications when a reboot is happening. They can improve in these areas. They can also bring some database software. They have software for analytics and virtualization. However, they don't have any software for the database."

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend it to anyone willing to work in data science. This will be a starting place that covers data-wrangling aspects, user relation aspects, and everything. It is a one-stop solution for everything. Anaconda is the main go-to place for analytics. This solution is very handy for almost all data science people. A lot of people I know nowadays use Anaconda. I don't think any other product can even come near Anaconda for data science. I would rate Anaconda a nine out of ten. The long reboot time and once in a while crash are the two things that lack in Anaconda. Apart from that, I…
DanishAhmad
Master Data at a pharma/biotech company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Dec 11, 2019
Enabled me to plot the data on a graph and find the optimal area for where our warehouse should be but it needs better documentation

What is our primary use case?

My position is master of data and we are a customer of Anaconda. Our primary use case was to find technological solutions to manage our warehouse in conjunction with our customer base. Anaconda enabled me to plot the data on a graph and find the optimal area for where our warehouse should be located.

• "It helped us find find the optimal area for where our warehouse should be located."
  • "I think better documentation or a step-by-step guide for installation would help, especially for on-premise users."

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend having a good background so that you know what you're getting into and whether Anaconda is the right solution for you. If you have a strong IT team to support the solution it's a very good tool to work on. I would rate the solution a seven out of 10.
Maruf-Hossain
Data Scientist Chapter Lead, Workflow & Automation at ANZ Banking Group
Dec 17, 2019
Good notebook features, but multi-language support is needed

What is our primary use case?

We use Anaconda to develop machine learning models. Use primarily use Scikit-learn and TensorFlow.

• "The notebook feature is an improvement over RStudio."
  • "One feature that I would like to see is being able to use a different language in a different cell, which would allow me to mix R and Python together."

What other advice do I have?

This is a product that I encourage people to use. This is a good solution, but I would like to see multi-language support. I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.
reviewer1094853
Sr PHP Developer at a manufacturing company with 10,001+ employees
Dec 20, 2019
Quick to deploy and all of the add-on tools are available in one place, but it needs to have a video available on the tool itself

What is our primary use case?

I was using this solution for buildings some PoCs, as well as during a hackathon.

• "The most valuable feature is the Jupyter notebook that allows us to write the Python code, compile it on the fly, and then look at the results."
  • "Having a small guide or video on the tool would help learn how to use it and what the features are."

What other advice do I have?

My advice to anybody who is researching this tool is to download and install it, then start exploring the different tools that are available. I suggest starting with Jupyter because it is easy to figure out, then move to Python tasks. This is a good tool that is quick to deploy with and pretty easy to use. I have not fully explored it yet, so I can only give it an average rating. I would rate this solution a five out of ten.
See 4 more Anaconda Reviews