Anritsu Oscilloscopes Overview

What is Anritsu Oscilloscopes?

Anritsu sampling oscilloscope is an ideal solution for Eye pattern analyses and Eye Mask tests. In addition, The excellent performance and high sampling speed reduce measurement times and help hold-down equipment costs.

Anritsu Oscilloscopes is also known as BERTWave Series.

Anritsu Oscilloscopes Video

Filter Archived Reviews (More than two years old)

JV
IC Validation Engineer at a manufacturing company with 51-200 employees
The Pulse Pattern Generator and Error Detector are co-located, making it easier to use. However, I would like a better GUI.

What is our primary use case?

We use it more on our lab testing for our optical modules and optical transceivers.

• "The Pulse Pattern Generator (PPG) and Error Detector are co-located, which makes it easier to use because I can just probe it directly on the PCB."
  • "I would like a better GUI with navigation. This should make it easier to compare to competitors, like Textronix or Keysight."

What other advice do I have?

Take a look and do some demos. It will help you decide whether to go with this equipment or not. It took us about a week to become acclimated to the solution. We are not using this product to support connected devices, e.g., IoT development, nor are we planning to going forward.
FI
Validation Engineer at Intel Corporation
The jitter function included in the system has helped me in terms of improving the capabilities of our product, but more improvement can be done on the PAM-4 part

What is our primary use case?

We use it for the transceiver that we have in my company. The application space that we are using the solution to target is high-speed serial. We are testing for the part the transceiver for use in fiber optic technology. So, I'm testing the Honda GN400 Jeep PAM-4.

• "The jitter function included into the system has helped me in terms of improving the capabilities of our product."
  • "Sometimes, the forms keep changing because of new product technology. If they could reduce the amount of change in the form, this would be good."

What other advice do I have?

The features are pretty much the same as an expensive competitor, but the price is better. If you have a lot of money to spend, then go for the most advanced solution. However, if you have money constraints, this the best solution for your application. We are using this product to support connected devices. We are measuring signals for PAM-4.
HN
Electrical Validation Engineer at Intel Corporation
Gives you the capability to increase the voltage strength more than what you have in your signal, but it could use more dynamic features

What is our primary use case?

I am currently using the Pre-emphasis box. We use it to tweak in some De-emphasis and have some voltage strength on the Tx signal. We are using it to measure FPGA signals, which are transceiver signals from FPGA. This is a part of the transceiver's validation. We want to see if it complies with the protocols.

• "It gives you the capability to increase the Tap levels and voltage strength more than what you have in your signal."
  • "Right now, it's a minimal tool. They could make it more dynamic by adding dynamic features, which could help us with doing effective analysis."

What other advice do I have?

If your intent is to experiment with your signal to see if some boosting helps or your silicon doesn't have a lot of Tap features, then this is a good product to start with. You can always boost your signal using the Pre-emphasis box from Anritsu, since it is good to understand your signal performance. It wasn't really tough to get acclimated to the solution. The GUI is quite interactive and the notes are limited. It took about a month to to get familiar with the features. The application space that we are using the solution to target is high-speed serial. We are not using this product to…
RT
Researcher at a educational organization with 501-1,000 employees
We use it to decide the materials which are best for PCB designs

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is PCB design. We are measuring digital signals and multi-gigabit per second data transmission.

• "The user interface is easy, simple, and practical."
  • "The most valuable feature is its frequency range."
  • "I would like the frequency range to be extended because of the speed. Electronics are moving forward to higher speeds, so it's better to have higher frequencies."
  • "The product's antennas and radar applications need improvement."

What other advice do I have?

I have recommended this product before because I think we received the best product for the money that we paid. It didn't take time for us to learn because we knew how the product worked in advance. The application space that this solution targets is high-speed. For PCB laminate, they now require us to provide information about the performance of their products up to several tens of gigahertz. We are not using this product to support connected devices for IoT development nor are we planning to going forward.
Applications Engineer at Marvell Technology Group
Leaderboard
It supports the PAM-4 encoding scheme, and we use that to do our PAM-4 receiver validation

What is our primary use case?

The application space that we are using the solution to target is high-speed serial interface.

• "It supports the PAM-4 encoding scheme. We use that to do our PAM-4 receiver validation."
  • "The user interface is a bit complicated because they have so many tabs. If they could simplify it, this would be helpful and appreciated."

What other advice do I have?

The product meets our expectations, but it has some things to improve. The learning curve is around several weeks, because they have their documents ready, which is good. We are not using this product to connect with support connected devices, like IoT development, and are probably not planning to going forward. Whenever there is a need, we will upgrade to that. However, we are going to evaluate different vendors, then make a decision.
SS
SI Engineer at a manufacturing company with 201-500 employees
Allows us to extract signal loss, skew, and DKDF

What is our primary use case?

I'm using the VNA Condor System, or VectorStar, to characterize materials. In terms of the application space, for us covers everything from five gigahertz up to 110. We utilize the full bandwidth of the product. We use the product to improve our own materials on all test vehicles because we are a company that sells laminates.

• "We can extract signal loss, skew, DKDF... and the tool is very flexible."
  • "I would like to see them improve the software. The new version can be improved. It's not quite stable. It restarts a lot."

What other advice do I have?

You have to be really aware of what your needs are for bandwidth, because you can buy things that do more than you really need. There wasn't much of a learning curve. It was really fast. In terms of upgradability, the only thing that we can update is the software. I would rate the product at nine out of ten. I wouldn't give it a ten because of the software. But it's really good equipment. It gives me the information that I need.