LC
Sr. Solution Architeect at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
Very functional with a lot of flexibility

• "Great flexibility with its features."
  • "Could be more user friendly."

What is our primary use case?

We are customers of Apigee.

What is most valuable?

This solution offers a lot of flexibility in its features. Other tools like IBM Data Power have limited capability when it comes to features like data control, VPN management and monitoring.

What needs improvement?

I think the portal could offer a better user experience. It's functional and does what it's supposed to but it's not user friendly. I'd also like to see better routing features. Currently routing is limited and the setup is complicated. From a VPN management perspective, I think we would like to have more user training available, particularly for advanced users, without having to pay. There is generally a learning curve for advanced usage and configuration, and troubleshooting is a steeper curve. Whenever we have an issue, we're dependent on support. We'd like our personnel to be better trained by Apigee so we can handle issues in-house.

I've been using this solution for six months.

The solution is stable and, from an enterprise perspective, it can handle volume which is important for us.

We have good support from Google. They provide onsite support and everything is available to us. We are happy with the support.

The initial setup is quite easy.

What other advice do I have?

I recommend this solution. Apigee offers a month free usage so you can play around and explore the product and then make a decision. We had a good opportunity to test things out before purchasing the solution.

I rate this solution an eight out of 10.

Google
Pradeep Pavuluri
Principal Engineer at a computer software company with 1,001-5,000 employees
A cloud-based API management platform that's easy to use

• "Apigee is very easy to use, and you can code in any language."
  • "Access restrictions can be improved."

What is our primary use case?

We have an API, which I developed using multiple languages and different applications. We have a lot of applications, and they have their individual APIs. We create a proxy for those applications in Apigee, and we expose those proxies to access those APIs.

How has it helped my organization?

Apigee didn't exactly improve our organization, but it fulfilled a requirement. There are a few tools in the marketplace, but we thought Apigee was the best for our use case.

What is most valuable?

Apigee is very easy to use, and you can code in any language, like JavaScript, Java, or any other language. That's really helpful. It's cloud-based, so there's no need for any installation.

What needs improvement?

Access restrictions can be improved. For example, you can't restrict access to some people or some groups. You have to give them total access.

I've been using Apigee for about three months.

Apigee is a stable solution.

I think it depends on your license, but it's highly scalable.

The initial setup is straightforward. We don't need a lot of training for the developers to start working, just a few days at most. It's very easy to start with, and the development effort is also a lot less.

What other advice do I have?

For potential users of Apigee, I'd tell them there's a free version if they want to check it out and have a trial.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give Apigee an eight.

Learn what your peers think about Apigee. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: October 2021.
541,708 professionals have used our research since 2012.
EY
SOA & BP Technical Manager at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
A stable and scalable platform with good technical support

• "The capabilities are very powerful."
  • "When there is an update on a new version or an automatic update, you have to be present and double-check that the update is reflected in the environment with no issues."

What is our primary use case?

We use Apigee to share open data for the government. It was a pilot project for one of the  government teams who wanted to start the journey of open data.

What is most valuable?

The capabilities are very powerful.

What needs improvement?

Support of integration is what is most challenging in Apigee, as well as the complexity of the components. When setting up an environment, you have many components with open-source content.

The implementation should be easier.

We implemented Apigee six months ago.

Apigee is stable. We have approximately 1,000 users.

This is a scalable solution.

Technical support is very good.

To construct the environment, can take two to three weeks.

The presentation is based on the business and can be done in three to four months.

The iicense is subscription-based.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others who are interested in using it.

It's a very good product. I would rate Apigee a ten out of ten.

Nakul Bali
Integration Specialist at a financial services firm with 501-1,000 employees
Overall great functionality, highly stable, and good technical support

What is our primary use case?

Apigee is a platform for developing and managing APIs.

What is most valuable?

Overall the solution works well, it is one of the best solutions on the market. There is plenty of support documentation available.

What needs improvement?

The Apigee cloud admin UI could be more user-friendly by adding a few more features.

I have been working with Apigee for one and a half years.

The solution is highly stable.

We have built an API platform o over 2,000 different partners and all of them are using the gateways.

The technical support is very good. …

What is our primary use case?

Apigee is a platform for developing and managing APIs.

What needs improvement?

I have been working with Apigee for one and a half years.

The solution is highly stable.

The technical support is very good.

The installation was not difficult.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Apigee an eight out of ten.

Download our free Apigee Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.