AppDynamics Mobile Real-User Monitoring OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

AppDynamics Mobile Real-User Monitoring is the #6 ranked solution in our list of top Mobile APM tools. It is most often compared to HeadSpin: AppDynamics Mobile Real-User Monitoring vs HeadSpin

What is AppDynamics Mobile Real-User Monitoring?

How do real users experience your native mobile applications? Follow their journey and optimize their experience with powerful end-to-end performance management that rapidly identifies application issues and relevant business transactions —  from device to data center — and dramatically reduces MTTR.

Download the Mobile APM Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2021

AppDynamics Mobile Real-User Monitoring Customers

Sony, DirecTV, UBS, The Container Store, The Neta Porter Group, Nasdaq, Cisco, eHarmony, Hallmark, Overstock, Expedia

AppDynamics Mobile Real-User Monitoring Video

AppDynamics Mobile Real-User Monitoring Reviews

ES
Regional Director (CEER) at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Reseller
Easy to set up with good stability and an excellent technical support team

• "We have found the scalability to be quite good."
  • "There may be some older technologies that are still covered, however, it's not as plug-and-play. You can still do it, however, it takes slightly more effort for engineers to cover old technologies such as C++, Delphi, and so on. It still can be done. It's just not as easy as, for example, covering Java."

What is our primary use case?

There are various use cases. For example, one of them can be for a mobile bank. Mobile banking is something that is being used more and more with customers. Based on the fact that the architecture of applications is being more and more complex and more and more distributed while having a deep view of what the user is experiencing on the mobile or on the browser. It's really valuable. This is true especially for a bank, as the user experience really explains or defines the services. You want the mobile bank to work quickly and you want it to be stable and you want to basically perform all the actions within seconds, not over 10 seconds for every action.

What is most valuable?

The solution is very stable.

Technical support is extremely fast and responsive.

We have found the scalability to be quite good.

The initial setup isn't difficult.

What needs improvement?

I'm not sure I know how I would improve the solution, as I'm mostly pre-sales and sales and I don't have any deep insight into the technical side that could be improved.

There needs to be the capability to modify the code for mobile.

There may be some older technologies that are still covered, however, it's not as plug-and-play. You can still do it, however, it takes slightly more effort for engineers to cover old technologies such as C++, Delphi, and so on. It still can be done. It's just not as easy as, for example, covering Java. Java is just a matter of configuration and clicks.

I'm not sure precisely when I started using the product. it's likely been about two years or so. We started using it when AppDynamics released the feature.

The stability of the solution is very good. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. We have very good technical support as well, and, if we run into issues, things are dealt with very quickly.

The scalability is great. If a company needs to expand, it can do so.

We have a really close relationship and technical support is really one of the best on the market. We've worked in the past with different vendors and they took months to get fixes or to get new features. In our case, support really took their responsibilities to another level. We get support in days for our clients - not months.

The initial setup is not complex or difficult. It's quite easy. That said, in many cases, there is no modification of the code. It cannot be done within the settings of the server. For mobile, that is something small to be included. Modifications need to be able to be made however, it's really not significant. There is no overhead in development, et cetera. It's really easy to use.

Pricing is always subjective. If somebody has a critical application without visibility, then for them, surely it's worth the money, as it provides a proactive approach. If your business depends on the revenue, which is generated online and with the application and service delivery, then you surely want to see it and, in that case, the cost may not be the main factor. I really can't say anything about the pricing. It's not cheap. However, it depends on the client. Many clients are using it and they have no issues with the price.

What other advice do I have?

The deployment model depends on the client and their desires. Some prefer a private cloud. Others use it as a service.

I would easily rate the solution at a nine out of ten. I removed a point simply due to the fact that I don't know everything. For me, everything is really good. All the feedback from clients, all the examples we show at sales and pre-sales are great.

Private Cloud
RA
Performance Architect at a tech services company with 5,001-10,000 employees
MSP
Enables us to easily simulate an error after a crash; should demonstrate the battery consumption metrics

• "Whenever the application crashes from user behavior, we can easily simulate the error. We are happy with this feature and find it to be valuable."
  • "In terms of improvements we would like to see, we want to understand what the battery consumption metrics are whenever a user is viewing. It would be really helpful for us if we could get those details levels."

What is our primary use case?

In terms of our use cases, we monitor cloud instances and application instances. When we do performance testing, we monitor all the metrics, like server-side metrics, as well as the client-side metrics. If it is a browser with real user metrics, mobile user behavior kind of things, we'll monitor it as well.

What is most valuable?

Whenever the application crashes from user behavior, we can easily simulate the error. We are happy with this feature and find it to be valuable.

What needs improvement?

In terms of improvements we would like to see, we want to understand what the battery consumption metrics are whenever a user is viewing something in an app. It would be really helpful for us if we could get those details levels.

I have been using AppDynamics for the past four years.

We use on-premise, cloud, and public versions.

The stability is quite strong. We never experience any downtime. The only thing is that sometimes the agents get stuck where CPU memory metrics will not be recorded. Once we restart those agents, it will work as usual.

I am satisfied with support. We have a dedicated team that works whenever required. If we have any issues in any of the systems, we will send that email to them and they respond immediately. Their response is quick.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it a seven out of ten.

Whenever a user uses the device and does a transaction on his phone using some of the apps we want to know how much battery consumption it is taking. We want to understand those level of metrics.

I would definitely recommend this solution. The reason being that it gives more information than we generally need. Whenever we create automation or performance scripts and we want to understand where exactly the crash report is happening, this tool would give more information. Dynatrace is also another tool that gives more information.

Product Categories
Mobile APM
Download our free Mobile APM Report and find out what your peers are saying about AppDynamics, VMware, Aternity, and more!