AppDynamics Server Monitoring Overview

AppDynamics Server Monitoring is the #31 ranked solution in our list of Infrastructure Monitoring tools. It is most often compared to ITRS Geneos: AppDynamics Server Monitoring vs ITRS Geneos

What is AppDynamics Server Monitoring?

Application-centric server monitoring in context of your business transactions to proactively isolate and resolve application performance issues faster with actionable, correlated application-server metrics.

Download the IT Infrastructure Monitoring Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: July 2021

AppDynamics Server Monitoring Customers

Sony, DirecTV, UBS, The Container Store, The Neta Porter Group, Nasdaq, Cisco, eHarmony, Hallmark, Overstock, Expedia

AppDynamics Server Monitoring Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about AppDynamics Server Monitoring pricing:
  • "My understanding is that the price of this solution is quite high, compared to other products."

Oan-Ali
Manager, Technical Architecture at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
Predictive notifications are on target but there should be better regional support

What is our primary use case?

We use the on-premise deployment model of this solution. Our primary use case of this solution is for monitoring our critical applications. The automated data dynamics enables us to monitor the performance of an application and unknowns.

• "The auto-discovery of the logs is the most valuable feature. It requires minimal configuration, we just need to set up on once and it automatically detects through the code."
  • "In the next release, I would like to see the configuration of the data and more support for new applications. It should support new languages."

What other advice do I have?

I would say be cautious on the licensing model. You should understand your exact needs. If your needs are in line with what this solution offers then I would genuinely recommend going for this solution, otherwise, if not, it might be too costly. I think from the product perspective it's fine but on the implementation descriptions there are a lot of issues. It's challenging without support. If someone is looking into it they need to look for any local organization partners in their area. I would rate it a seven out of ten.
MayankAggarwal
Senior eCommerce Infrastructure Specialist, L2 at Mastek
Has great analytics configurations but it's not easy for new users to configure transactions

What is our primary use case?

I have a B2B eCommerce website and we have some business transactions. For that, we have configured the business transactions in AppDynamics. Apart from that, we have a list of servers that we have configured in AppDynamics, to send us some sort of alert if there's something bad or the servers are in disguise or something. First, we use it to handle the business transactions alerting, and then the servers alerting. And second, we use it to create the dashboard so that we can get real-time updates on how the system is performing at around runtime.

• "I like Business iQ the most, so far. It has great analytics configurations and I can get real-time updates. We have eCommerce releases every week. So the one use case that I use Business iQ is to compare before and after release performance using AppDynamics."
  • "The one thing that I find it difficult in using AppDynamics is, for any new user, it's not easy for him or her to configure the transactions in AppDynamics because the UI is pretty complex. The configuration is pretty complex for a new, fresh user. They can make the UI simpler, that'll be very helpful for anyone to configure their website in AppDynamics."

What other advice do I have?

I would advise that instead of generic metric business usage of this, instead, use a generic metric business transaction configuration, and go for the Business iQ part of AppDynamics. It's really powerful and it is in real-time. It gives output on real-time things. I would recommend AppDynamics. It's a very powerful tool for any organization to implement. I would rate it a seven out of ten. The one thing that I find it difficult in using AppDynamics is, for any new user, it's not easy for him or her to configure the transactions in AppDynamics because the UI is pretty complex. Theā€¦
Find out what your peers are saying about AppDynamics, Zabbix, ITRS and others in IT Infrastructure Monitoring. Updated: July 2021.
521,189 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Anand Yadav
Sr Technical Architect at JDA
Easy to use, good support, and provides valuable insights and metrics

What is our primary use case?

We use AppDynmaics Server Monitoring to monitor and gain insight into what is happening in our infrastructure.

• "This solution gives us quite good insights that we might otherwise overlook, or it might take a really long time to debug those issues."
  • "I would like the ability to choose from some pre-defined dashboards and reports because as it is now, you have to define them separately for each implementation."

What other advice do I have?

This is a good product and one that I definitely recommend. I would rate this solution a ten out of ten.
Download our free IT Infrastructure Monitoring Report and find out what your peers are saying about AppDynamics, Zabbix, ITRS, and more!