ApplicantPro OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

What is ApplicantPro?

We are headquartered in Eagle Mountain, Utah, just down the street from Utah's biggest tech neighborhood, Silicon Slopes. As a software company, we believe that our home is located in a community that allows us to network, grow, and learn from others around us.

Download the Applicant Tracking and Recruiting Software Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: October 2021

ApplicantPro Customers

Welch's, Blender Bottle, Costa Vida, Skullcandy, Sundance Institute

ApplicantPro Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about ApplicantPro pricing:
  • "We had to pay an annual fee to use ApplicantPro, and the license fee included everything we needed except for the ability to post confidential positions, which was something we had to pay extra for."

ApplicantPro Reviews

RS
Human Resources Recruiter
User friendly with good features and offers very flexible packages for small to medium-sized companies

• "The product has a good set of features. Everything you expect to need, they seem to have."
  • "It could be easier to remove applicants in bulk."

What is our primary use case?

ApplicantPro is our applicant tracking system. That's where we post the jobs and it really manages all the applicant flow as far as reviewing applications and resumes and then marking the different statuses for the candidates. It's basically the flow throughout the process.

We do use selective hiring assessments. This is where the candidates take personality assessments and it scores them on different competencies. We use that and then we also use ApplicantPro partners with ProScreening. We use that for all of our pre-employment screenings for the background checks and the drug tests.

How has it helped my organization?

The solution is user-friendly which makes for a low-barrier-to-entry process for the applicant.

What is most valuable?

The job listings are the most valuable aspect of the solution. We don't do much reporting out of it, however, we do do it mainly for the source data to understand where our applicants are coming from. Applicants list the source when they apply for the job. That's really the only thing that we use for reporting - the source data.

We pull that on a quarterly basis. Otherwise, it's really just the job postings and then viewing the application, screening them out, moving them throughout the hiring process with the different statuses, and then the pre-employment screening, which is done through ProScreening. The product has a very good flow.

The solution is really user-friendly and is just super easy. The application takes five minutes or less than 10 minutes. The process is super smooth.

What needs improvement?

It could be easier to remove applicants in bulk.

I've been using the solution since January of 2019. It's been about two years or so.

The stability is good. I don't know how long it's been around, however. The CEO hosts different webinars or video tutorials, and they're very helpful and they're always interested in improving the product to make it easier for their customers. They're definitely very receptive to our input and feedback, which is nice.

We have about 260 employees. It's a smaller company. We aren't a corporate. We prefer that this solution is perfect for smaller organizations.

I've used other systems where the solution was more compatible with their HRIS, their core system that they use for all their employee master data. Right now, we use UltiPro or UKG for our HRIS. Of course, it's nicer when they are compatible and everything just flows from it.

They previously did use the UltiPro recruiting module and they didn't like it, and so that's when they did ApplicantPro. I just know that it's just easier just to have it in one system, so it just flows from one module of recruiting into another module for onboarding.

I know that they are partnering with different HRIS providers, like ADP, and there may be some other ones. Maybe if they just continue to expand those partnerships so that you can have that flow. It's just helpful instead of manually having to enter in the data for onboarding.

In our case, we pay for a particular package based on our size with the pricing, however, there haven't been issues with the numbers. Therefore, we haven't really been forced to look at scalability in that sense.

Right now, we have approximately 763 applicants across five different jobs. Right now, a lot of those jobs are not even currently posted though. They're previously posted roles that we just took down just as we're not actively recruiting for them. They're on hold right now, given everyone working from home. We're waiting for things to get a little bit more normal, so people can be back in the office and be properly trained and onboarded.

I've used technical support in the past. I have called them on a few different occasions. They've been helpful. I called them early on to get them to explain how to interpret the results for their selective hiring assessments. They were very knowledgeable.

We've been very satisfied with the level of service. I would rate them nine out of ten. Their service was solid and they were timely in terms of response.

I've used Taleo before.

I've used SuccessFactors before and had some exposure with iCIMS and UltiPro recruiting and other different options. With Taleo it was just easier to just decline or deny applicants in bulk in a batching situation. You can do that with ApplicantPro, however, it was easier to do in Taleo.

Also, the other ones that I've used before have been more for large, large companies, like corporate stuff.

This ApplicantPro, from my understanding, is more for small to medium-sized businesses. We have around 260 total employees, so it's a smaller size business and it works for us pricing wise. And again, we get everything we need out of it, but like Taleo would just have more of those bells and whistles and more options and maybe easier use, whereas ApplicantPro is just a little bit more simple.

I did not handle the implementation of the product. It was already implemented before I arrived.

Without getting into too many details, I can say that we've seen an ROI and we're happy with what we have seen.

As a system built for smaller companies, we find it more affordable than larger options like Taleo, which may have more features. However, it comes with a bigger price tag.

The pricing is good. It's nice that they can customize the packages to the size of the company and to the number of applicants.

What other advice do I have?

We're just customers and end-users.

I wasn't involved in the implementation phase of it. It was already all set up before I got here. That said, I've been working with it for over two years and I've been very happy with it. It's a great product and offers great customer service.

Overall, I would rate it at a nine out of ten.

Angela Gloria Jozsef
Human Resources Generalist
Eased our hiring processes and helped keep all applications organized in one place

• "To be honest, I enjoyed all of the features provided by ApplicantPro. But most of all, I really enjoyed using it to post applications and job descriptions and to mark the statuses of applicants. Those are the things I found most useful."
  • "In terms of extra features, I would suggest a general human resources information system where I could actually enter information about those we hired, including the benefits information, and have the benefits information linked to the benefit vendor websites, like for medical, dental, and vision."

What is our primary use case?

I used ApplicantPro in my role as HR generalist at an institute where I would review job applications and resumes. For each application, I would look through them and mark whether or not we would like to interview the candidates. For example, I would check whether they were qualified or not, and whether we would select their application for further interest.

Primarily, I used it for job advertisements, which involved posting up job titles with descriptions that applications could apply to. I also used it to review applications, resumes, and cover letters from within the software. And then after that I would contact the applicant and this was something I did off of ApplicantPro as well.

I would be able to contact the applicants and set up the interviews. After the decision was made about what we're going to do with the candidates, I either marked that they were selected, not selected, or interviewed, not interviewed, not qualified, and so on.

The only people who used this were myself and my manager and we both used it for the same reasons, to post job descriptions and view the resumes, applications, and the cover letters, and then mark the status for each one.

How has it helped my organization?

ApplicantPro has definitely helped with the fact that we can now keep up with modern technology. We used a modern way of finding applicants because it was done electronically, as opposed to in person.

And there's a lot we could do on ApplicantPro, whether it was posting a job advertisement with a job description and title, and the fact that I could look at all the applications in one place; I didn't have to scamper around and look at so many different places to do my job.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

Room for improvement is a good question and it's a little hard for me to say because I don't know if I used every single feature of ApplicantPro, given that the only features I used were for posting job descriptions, reviewing applications, resumes, and cover letters and marking what we decided to do about the applicants.

There were times when we wanted to post confidential positions. For that, I had to contact ApplicantPro to ask about how to do that. Because sometimes with certain positions, we only wanted certain people to see them. And, unfortunately, I had to call ApplicantPro directly in order to find out whether I could do that.

In terms of extra features, I would suggest a general human resources information system where I could actually enter information about those we hired, including the benefits information, and have the benefits information linked to the benefit vendor websites, like for medical, dental, and vision.

The last time I used ApplicantPro was in my previous job which ended in November last year.

It was stable and never gave me any trouble with bugs or anything.

We never tried to expand it and I never heard of any plans to increase usage. Also, since I was not a manager, I did not have the authority to make that decision; we just used it for the features that I already mentioned.

Whenever I had a question or wanted to make sure I'm using it right, I could always contact an ApplicantPro representative and they were available to answer any question I had within a reasonable amount of time.

I had tried Salesforce and PeopleSoft in my previous jobs at other companies, but I didn't use them very much. At my latest job, I used ApplicantPro exclusively.

I figured it out myself. And of course, whenever I had a question or wanted to make sure I'm using it right, I would contact a representative and they were always available to help.

The only people who used this were myself and my manager and we both used it for the same reasons, to post job descriptions and view the resumes, applications, and cover letters, and then mark the status.

As for maintenance and upgrades, all of that was taken care of by ApplicantPro.

With ApplicantPro, we got a lot of applications from interesting candidates and I enjoyed reading through all of them, whether they were qualified for that particular position or not. I enjoyed learning about their backgrounds and where they come from, and their work experience and education. And overall, we ended up hiring good employees — good qualified employees with great backgrounds — and they stayed with us for a long time.

So I definitely saw return on investment because one way to measure return on investment is whether we got good candidates who stayed on for a long time. Because, at the end of the day, employee turnaround costs companies money.

What other advice do I have?

I am really happy with ApplicantPro and I would tell others that it's a good, modern software solution for finding candidates because you can not only post job descriptions and titles, but you can also easily get a lot of qualified applications through it.

For example, you can review everything from basic applications, resumes, cover letters and the like, and it's fun to look through them using ApplicantPro. You can see all of those things in one place and it's great to interview qualified candidates who later stay on for a long time.

I would rate ApplicantPro a nine out of ten.

Other