AppPulse Suite Overview

What is AppPulse Suite?

Micro Focus AppPulse Mobile is the first self-service SaaS solution that tracks the real user experience of your mobile apps constantly monitoring performance, stability and resource usage. The tool provides FunDex – a mobile app quality score that provides a top-level view of problems that negatively impact the user experience with recommendations to explore and fix the root cause of each issue.

AppPulse Suite is also known as Micro Focus AppPulse Suite, HPE AppPulse Mobile, AppPulse Mobile, AppPulse.

Download the Mobile APM Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2021

AppPulse Suite Customers

SpeechTrans, Gulliver Group

AppPulse Suite Video

Filter Archived Reviews (More than two years old)

Infrastructure Team Lead at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
Helps me be proactive in solving a customer's problem before it even happens

• "It provides a lot of customer insight, understanding the customer's needs, understanding the customer's issues, and it gives me a more proactive approach to solving a customer problem before it happens."

What other advice do I have?

Go through the experience I did, and then you will know it yourself. But I recommend it.
    It's very practical, because it's web-based, and you can have results in a couple hours

• "Customer are able to develop more quickly versions in which users can see the application to correct and monetize it."
    • "It could be better if you had any of the reports that the customers asked from us, for example, punctually. Unfortunately, the reporter is not that practical."

What other advice do I have?

The application is very practical.
    Find out what your peers are saying about Micro Focus, AppDynamics, New Relic and others in Mobile APM. Updated: June 2021.
    509,820 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    IT testing lead at a pharma/biotech company with 5,001-10,000 employees
    We can collect data about the user experience and check if the app is well-designed.

• "We can collect data about the user experience and see how the user is behaving with the app, or check the behavior of the app itself."
    • "The regulations should be better customized for the kind of data that we cannot send to the SALs environment."

What other advice do I have?

I work in a pharmaceutical environment which is highly regulated. Our corporate users are using applications and software following procedures and guidelines which are predefined, to maintain compliance. However, users using mobile apps (company/internal app or public/patient app) and the associated device are not intended to strictly follow the rules and guidelines for regulated apps. Most of the time they are trying to use them not exactly as expected: skipping steps, not using the app for what is was designed to do, using functionalities which are considered less important. So, initially we…
    Mexico Operations Manager at Tsoft
    It only took us two months to implement, with three people to make sure that the service is continually working.

• "The thing that I like about AppPulse is that it's easy application to install and an easy application to use to provide information for our customers."
    • "It needs compatibility for Windows Mobile, because I think AppPulse doesn't have Windows Mobile."
    Application Development Specialist Lead at a energy/utilities company with 5,001-10,000 employees
    The way we're licensed is we buy a certain number of transactions, so if we need to scale up we just buy more transaction licenses.

• "AppPulse Active allows us to very quickly produce synthetic monitoring for our applications."
    • "The one that sticks out in my mind is some flexibility to do recurring downtime."

What other advice do I have?

The first thing I would tell you is to do a trial. You can do a free trial, HPE will give them a temporary license and you'll be able to monitor an application for free within minutes. Especially with web applications. It's very easy. Just give it a try and see how easy it really is and see the data that you're going to get back and how quickly you're going to get it. The only surprise I think you're going to find is that they're going to be surprised at what they uncover about your apps. There's really not, in my opinion, that much of a downside to it. However, false positives is definitely…
    Director of Information Technology with 1,001-5,000 employees
    I think compatibility is one of the reasons we choose AppPulse Mobile. It complements the other HPE tools we also use.

• "It identifies transactions and flows of the operations that our customers use with our mobile application."
    • "I think they can improve the feature that identifies the operating systems, the brand of the devices, the response time, geolocalization."

What other advice do I have?

I think it is important to compare this HPE tool with other tools in the market. Also decide the proper time to implement it. In our case, it was about what was not proactive, unfortunately; what was reactive. I recommend doing that before deploying mobile applications, even more so at this time of digital transformation. I know many companies will be deploying mobile services. It is important to have from the beginning a tool that measures and monitors the user experience, before deploying it in production. That is my recommendation.
    Subaddress Production Management at Banco Santander Mexico
    Interpreting the information is easy to learn and the monitoring is valuable.

• "The application is easy to use, as it is friendly and graphic."
    • "Currently, the information for management teams and technical teams are in the same view, but it would be useful if we could separate these views."

What other advice do I have?

For us it is easy. It is friendly and it has information that is important for the business. The most important is the GUI and interpreting the information is easy to learn. It is the application that helps us fix crashes and improve applications further.
    Supervisor Infrastructure - IOC at Ameren
    The speed in which we were able to deploy it was the most valuable area for me.

• "The speed that you can get AppPulse out there was the brightest spot of this whole process."
    • "The ability to get CI information from AppPulse into OMi."

What other advice do I have?

The benefits are the ease of integration into OMI, the speed of the deployment, and the quick ROI in value that it adds in a space where we were kind of flying blind before we had it. My advice to a colleague would probably be around all the areas that I discussed. It's a very user friendly product, it is fast, it's stable, and it just flat-out works, and gives you views in data that, or valuable insights into our customer experience.
    CTO at a tech company with 51-200 employees
    It allowed us to identify and address the issue of why our users needed more than 20 seconds to upload a photo with our app.

• "With Google Analytics, you choose what performance metrics you want to have reported, but with AppPulse Mobile, you have a global vision of what is really happening inside your app."
    • "I would love if AppPulse delivered more details about my users, for example, age and sex. It could split up the users into categories based on how frequently they use my product."

What other advice do I have?

It helped me a lot at the very beginning of my community to solve crashes and performance issues at a very critical time for my company.
    Managing Director at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
    It allows us to determine whether features in our applications are valuable to our customers.

What other advice do I have?

In order to do a good deployment, do things in small steps and think it through, don’t do it all at once. You need to choose the right app to invest in, and you need to pick your battles. Feel free to contact me, I’ll be happy to help.
    Information Security Advisor, CISO & CIO, Docutek Services at Docutek Services
    Frequent, detailed logs help developers determine and validate root causes of crashes, identifying areas of improvement for an app's next version.

What other advice do I have?

HP has released new versions of Mobile Center, which helps to automate app testing across a variety of real devices. Mobile Center also integrates new versions of LoadRunner, the firm’s load testing software, and Performance Center, which can be used to test app performance. There is also an updated version of StormRunner Load, a cloud-based service that can test with thousands of virtual users from different geographies.
    Technology Consultant at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
    FunDex and user screen-flow are valuable features, and our in-house setup and implementation were straightforward.
    Co Founder and COO at a computer software company with 51-200 employees
    Actionable data from the dashboard gives you intelligence based on statistics, which allows you to develop a five star app.

What other advice do I have?

It has to be a SaaS solution, self-learning, and easy to implement. It should give you suggestions based on the data and tell you where to focus, rather than have the data sitting there requiring you to figure out what to do with it. There should be a logical dashboard. I’d say that having a mobile app without a solution like AppPulse Mobile is like driving a car without headlights at night. The instant gratification you get when you see actionable data from the dashboard, giving you intelligence based on statistics and not on intuition, will allow you to develop a five star app. This gives…
    CTO at Gulliver Group (Digital Ventures & Investments)
    Crash trail is a unique feature which we have found invaluable. Can see the entire flow from launch to crash so I can understand what caused the crash and how to fix it for the user.

What other advice do I have?

I would tell someone researching to think about AppPulse mobile because I think that this product has a unique feature which we have found valuable – crash trail. When the user experiences a crash I can see on the web/app the entire flow from launch to crash so I can understand what caused the crash and how to fix it for the user. We believe that only by monitoring the entire cycle, including with user flows, we will be able to focus on what's most important to fix and enhance.
    Consultant at a consultancy with 51-200 employees
    It gives us enough technical details so we can pinpoint possible causes of what’s low and what can be developed.

What other advice do I have?

Be in contact with HP support – you will get good support. Get the free trial and then you can see the benefits for your self – very fast and easy.
    Download our free Mobile APM Report and find out what your peers are saying about Micro Focus, AppDynamics, New Relic, and more!
    Quick Links