AppWorx Workload Automation OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

AppWorx Workload Automation is #15 ranked solution in top Workload Automation tools. IT Central Station users give AppWorx Workload Automation an average rating of 8 out of 10. AppWorx Workload Automation is most commonly compared to Automic Workload Automation:AppWorx Workload Automation vs Automic Workload Automation. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 24% of all views.
What is AppWorx Workload Automation?

CA Automic Applications Manager automates your Ellucian’s Banner or Fiserv DNA processing. This innovative, best-in-class task scheduling solution accelerates your processing, provides visibility and control over business processes and mitigates risk in both environments.

AppWorx Workload Automation was previously known as CA Automic Applications Manager .

Download the Workload Automation Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2021

AppWorx Workload Automation Customers

Sandvik, Hanwha Life

AppWorx Workload Automation Video

Archived AppWorx Workload Automation Reviews (more than two years old)

PR
Database & Process Automation Administrator at a music company with 501-1,000 employees
Integrates and orchestrates key business applications spanning multiple technology stacks

• "It has improved my organization through automation of back office and infrastructure procedures, and by integrating and orchestrating key business applications spanning multiple technology stacks."
  • "It is an object-based approach to task and process design in conjunction with conditional logic and event-based scheduling actions, which enables a build once/use often design methodology to be employed."
  • "As a general process automation and integration tool, it has been superseded by other offerings, notably the Workload Automation suite."
  • "The internal security model can be complex when configuring multiple user groups."
  • "It is difficult to integrate with the Active Directory (AD)."

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is process automation and orchestration.

How has it helped my organization?

It has improved my organization through automation of back office and infrastructure procedures, and by integrating and orchestrating key business applications spanning multiple technology stacks.

What is most valuable?

It is an object-based approach to task and process design in conjunction with conditional logic and event-based scheduling actions, which enables a build once/use often design methodology to be employed, producing automated processes capable of dynamically adapting task flow according to events occurring before/during process execution.

What needs improvement?

• The user interface (UI) could be modernised.
  • The internal security model can be complex when configuring multiple user groups.
  • It is difficult to integrate with the Active Directory (AD).

More than five years.

Earlier versions of the product suffered some stability issues. The more recent versions of this product are stable.

We have encountered no scalability issues with the product.

We have not needed to use technical support services for some time.

Our previous solution was not scalable.

It has a straightforward initial setup.

Licensing options are fairly straightforward.

I can't recall the products which were evaluated.

What other advice do I have?

It is a good product. As a general process automation and integration tool, it has been superseded by other offerings, notably the Workload Automation suite.

it_user778701
IT Systems Manager at a energy/utilities company with 1,001-5,000 employees

• "The automated solution is the most valuable piece. Otherwise, we would have to be doing everything manually on every server."
  • "It is really a robust product."
  • "It is not really scaling per say because they are not putting much into it. They are trying to push their new product."
  • "It has been a deprecated product, because it is so old. There has been a couple of new solutions that are a little more advanced."

What is our primary use case?

We use it for our automated solution for the entire environment. We run batch jobs through this product.

It is performing great.

What is most valuable?

The automated solution is the most valuable piece. Otherwise, we would have to be doing everything manually on every server. With this solution, we can run a job multiple times on a schedule and use different environmental variables or variables to change the environment how we need it, if we need to.

What needs improvement?

There is a lot of the automated release, which they already have in the newer products. Those are some of the features that we are looking to go for. Automated testing script suite - I would like to see that when we go to run the new jobs, so that we can have the testing functionality with it, too.

It is a deprecated product. They are not going to make any new advancements, so the newer product is going to get the bells and whistles. The new product can do everything this product can do, and then some. Go to the newer product.

It is a very stable product. It has been bought a few times and has not been reworked very much. It has been a stable product since I have known it. I have been working with it for eight years. The product is about 17 years old, maybe a little bit older.

It is really a robust product.

It has been a deprecated product, because it is so old. There has been a couple of new solutions that are a little more advanced. It is not really scaling per say because they are not putting much into it. They are trying to push their new product. Totally fine.

I use them all the time, so they are pretty good. They take care of about 95% of my answers.

With the other 5%, they just try and help me. If they do not know the solution, they will come up with some ideas. We try and work out the issue. I have never had an issue that we could not resolve together.

I was not involved in the initial setup.

What other advice do I have?

There are some things that I would like to do that I know they are not going to do with this product. It is a really strong product. It does everything we need it to do. The enhancements that we want to make would enhance our company, but I am okay with where we are at.

Most important criteria when selecting a vendor: reliability, robustness of the product, and fantastic support. Those are really the three key things.