ARCON Privileged Access Management OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

ARCON Privileged Access Management is the #5 ranked solution in our list of top Privileged Access Management (PAM) tools. It is most often compared to CyberArk Privileged Access Manager: ARCON Privileged Access Management vs CyberArk Privileged Access Manager

What is ARCON Privileged Access Management?

ARCON PAM is a full blown Privileged Access Management solution. It has a robust password vaulting technology that comes with AES- 256 Database encryption. Dual Factor Authentication, 4Eye Authentication functionalities and Granular Access Control enables an enterprise to block any unauthorized access attempt to critical information assets. All access is based on “Need to know” and “Need to do” basis. It has the largest connector stack. Its Single Sign On enables seamless access to a host of devices with just a single click.

The Solution enables an enterprise to monitor and analyze advanced threats in a real time. It has the best-in-class real-time threat analytics. It provides comprehensive audit trails and session recordings to ensure that all activities are tracked and these logs are encrypted and separately stored creating a legal hold.

Further, it has a highly scalable architecture that easily integrates with Third Party SIEM Solutions. It also supports cloud environment.

ARCON PAM is full-functionality solution at the most optimum pricing. More than 250 global enterprises spanning wide-ranging industries such as Banking, Financial Services and Insurance (BFSI), Government Organizations, Media, Health Care, and Fintech have deployed ARCON PAM as of today.

While the company continues to be a leader in India and the Middle East, it has gained a solid traction in Africa and APAC market thanks to its well-distributed global channel network and strong industry reputation it enjoys in the cyber security domain.

ARCON Privileged Access Management is also known as ARCON ARCOS, ARCON PAM.

Download the Privileged Access Management (PAM) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2021

ARCON Privileged Access Management Customers
RAK Bank, AXIS Bank, Reliance Capital, Kotak Life Insurance, MTS
ARCON Privileged Access Management Video

ARCON Privileged Access Management Reviews

VS
Data Entry Specialist at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
Good security with an easy initial setup and good stability

• "The initial setup is very straightforward. It's not complex at all."
  • "The solution needs more work on the password management side of things. Password management is a big challenge for us, and I would like to improve this aspect. We're finding that BeyondTrust is better in this regard, which is why we're probably going to migrate over. It will offer better security I think."

What is our primary use case?

We prefer not to talk about our use cases for security reasons.

What is most valuable?

Overall, aside from the lack of password management, this solution is the best. It's a very good product.

What needs improvement?

I've been working with the solution for the past two and a half years.

The stability is really good on this solution. This product is really amazing. But in terms of our security, password management is a little bit of a worry for us. Security-wise, we need to change the password frequently. This product only has options for changing the password once a week, every two weeks, two days, or three days. Our recommendation is whenever users want to access the target server, they have to, every time, change the password. So this option is not available currently and it's a weak point.

The solution is scalable, but the security level doesn't increase. That might be an issue for larger companies and continues to be an issue for us. Still, we consider it to be a very good product.

We use this product quite extensively and on a daily basis.

We've made contact with the technical support team on multiple occasions. We even reached out about increasing the password security protocols as an added feature and they said they would consider it, however not much has changed there. They said they were going to release it as a new feature in the next release. That never happened. It's the reason we're looking at another product. It would have been great if they actually responded to their client's needs a bit more.

The initial setup is very straightforward. It's not complex at all.

We handle every aspect of the solution, from deployment and troubleshooting all the way through to managing and accounting. I personally have an administrator-level certification so I know personally how to handle the implementation of the solution and how to work everything in the background.

Deployment takes a maximum of two hours. It's not a long process.

We were able to implement the solution in-house using our own team. we didn't require the assistance of any integrators, resellers or consultants.

What other advice do I have?

We're customers; we don't have any relationship with the business. We're not a reseller or anything like that. We just use the product.

Currently, we're using the solution. However, it's our intention to migrate to BeyondTrust in the near future.

Currently, we are using the latest version of the solution.

I'd like new users to know that the deployment really is quite straightforward, and it's easy to manage and troubleshoot. It's simple to restore the database within minutes if necessary as well. There are some great features that are available on the solution that makes it a worthwhile addition to a business. For us, security remains a concern, and password management is lacking. If an organization shares those concerns, this may not be the perfect solution for them.

Overall, I would rate the solution eight out of ten.

JM
Project Manager at a healthcare company with 10,001+ employees
Simple and 100% compliant with great features; saved us many hours of down time

• "100% compliant and you don't have to maintain ID management for each and every user."
  • "Hazard flow could be improved, the data compliance portion."

What is our primary use case?

Our company is involved in the health care sector and our primary use case of this solution is for compliance. Previously we used a system that included an Excel sheet but it would crash all the time because we have a large number of IT executives; tech related, application development and other administrators. We weren't able to receive the complete audit file that told us who was accessing and who was deleting what. It wasn't in compliance with data information security. For that reason we introduced the PAM solution and it's working extremely well. We're using it constantly on a daily basis. We are customers of ARCON and I'm a project manager.

What is most valuable?

There are several valuable features in the solution. First, it's 100% compliant and you don't have to maintain ID management for each and every user. That's from the management perspective. From the technical aspect I would say that it completely meets our requirements.

What needs improvement?

I think hazard flow could be improved, the data compliance part. We need to ensure that no data from any of our users is being accessed or compromised by any privileged user or a team member. There are some things on the database side which are missing and could be included. This is a web-based interface with multiple windows and you have to keep logging in. It should be that you can run any command in any window. It's really about the interface and navigating it.

I've been using this solution for over a year.

The solution is very stable. I've read that it has been recommended by most of the financial institutions worldwide and I bet most of the companies in India, where I am, are promoting it.

This is absolutely scalable. We currently have 90 users out of 150 employees and we aim to increase that by the next quarter. It was delayed because of Covid.

We contacted technical support once or twice in the implementation stage because there was an issue with the database team. The problem got solved and we were happy with that.

We did a few POC, proof of concept. One was with Centrify and also with another solution. When our POC was done, it was clear that PAM was the best solution for us and I was happy with the result. We also heard from other companies that they were happy with this solution and word-of-mouth is also an important source.

The initial setup was really simple but the database portion was a little more complicated and some of the features we had expected were not initially there. They were able to sort it out. Deployment was done in-house and expected to take two months but ended up taking four to five months until we were happy with it. It's a beautiful solution and we're much happier.

The pricing for this product is on the cheaper side.

What other advice do I have?

This is a very good enterprise solution and I would say that all enterprise companies should be using products like this. We're satisfied with the features and availability of this product.

I would rate this solution a 10 out of 10.

Download our free Privileged Access Management (PAM) Report and find out what your peers are saying about ARCON, CyberArk, Broadcom, and more!