ARCON User Behaviour Analytics OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

What is ARCON User Behaviour Analytics?

User Behaviour Analytics is a self-learning user behaviour analytics tool, capable to crunch a huge amount of data, spot suspicious end-user behavioral profiles and trigger alerts in a real time. In the age of increasing digitization, monitoring end-user behavior is absolutely vital.

ARCON User Behaviour Analytics is also known as ARCON UBA, ARCON User Behavior Analytics.

Download the User Behavior Analytics - UEBA Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: October 2021

ARCON User Behaviour Analytics Customers

ARCON User Behaviour Analytics Video

ARCON User Behaviour Analytics Reviews

Paresh Makwana
Director at a tech services company with 1-10 employees
Reseller
Great compliance, good session monitoring, and an excellent live dashboard

• "The compliance is great."
  • "The solution needs more integration with more of their products."

What is most valuable?

The centralizing collection of all the data is the solution's most valuable feature. It's what the UBA means, basically. It effectively collects the data and creates an analytic report on various topics.

In other products which I've seen, there is a lot of manual intervention. This is a much more automated solution which means there's far less manual intervention, which saves us time.

Entire session monitoring is there as well, and that's quite useful. You can enter into end session monitoring if you like. You can do user restrictions. You you can restrict certain user from having admin rights.

A lot of times what happens is that that certain users require some admin rights. Typically, you have to call IT and get them to set the access. With this UBA, you can actually figure out what admin rights they need, and you can give it on the fly.

The compliance is great.

The solution has product enhancement features that are very useful. The solution will actually tell you how to lessen tasks from five clicks to two. This saves a ton of time. What used to take five minutes can get whittled down to two, which is a huge productivity enhancement for organizations.

The solution has an excellent live dashboard. If there are others working on the dashboard and you want to disconnect it on the fly, you can just make it a hybrid for that instance.

Users are now able to use it while working from home, which has been very helpful over these past few months.

The performance is excellent, as is the security. There is a very robust identity and access control.

What needs improvement?

In the next build, there are still some more points that are going to have to be addressed. There needs to be an application in version three, which is already been done. You can sell it by this month-end in July. They were planning on having application inventory also so that you can have the application inventory and endpoint details along with an easy way of accessing the endpoint.

Improvement of user activity needs to happen. We are giving some feedback on how you can do that. That has been done to some extent and improving the elevation logs and all that will help.

The solution needs more integration with more of their products.

Currently, the agent and is occupying a little bit more resources than necessary. It needs to use up fewer resources in the future. You need to have a certain standard of CPU and memory to maintain this agent. That part we can still have it improved.

They can improve a lot of their integrated reporting parameters. Currently, it is all reactive reporting. However, you can have proactive reporting also, which can be included in the future.

Currently, they develop most of the devices, including networking and server devices. And yet, there are a lot of other mobile devices, which they're getting familiar with, so hopefully, in the future, they will be more mobile-focused.

The solution needs to improve endpoint speed.

To be clear, this is a very new product. The solution has only been on the market for a little more than a year. I've been working on it for this past year, however, before that, nobody really was using it as it is new to the market.

The product is stable. Version 1.0, was a little bit unstable, however, now there's a new version, which in comparison is very stable and working fine.

We are using it with around 100 users, however, my client is using it currently with 3,500 users. 3,500 users are no challenge at all. We are working with a client that has 10,000 users, also. We haven't deployed yet. However, we will soon.

The scalability is not an issue. It's great for large scale operations.

I work with their support team, and the support is very good. It is remote support 24/7, so it's like a three-level or four-level support system.

The first level of support is for your in-house team. They just train your in-house team first due to the fact that these are security products. You should have your own company's engineers who are being trained and certified for this product.

The second level of support is for engineers or vendor engineer support.

The third level of support sees the call come to your OEM support.

The fourth level of support is your online 24/7 support. This is available to users whoever they need it.

This solution is very new to the market, so the last solution I used was quite different.

It is a very simple product to install. It just requires the agent to be under the region. Then you require a database server where all the data is being collected. It may be a third-party database or you can buy your own. It is basically a .NET SQL Server, a database sort of arrangement.

Deployment doesn't even take a single day. All of their hardware, everything is built and ready to go. Then, you just have the distribution software for each agent on the desktop and it will not take even one day to handle.

You can deploy to the cloud or on-premises. Both options are available. If you have your own cloud, you can implement it on your cloud, so that you can integrate it anywhere. If you have your on-premises data center, then you install it on-premises. A hybrid combination is also possible, which can be deployed on the cloud. It can be deployed on-premises and then the organization can play around with however they want to in order to get at the data.

We do the integration for our clients. Usually, it is more easily integrated with the PAM, privileged access management. We have the PAM integrated. A company's remote assistant is connected and the monitoring of a user outside of the software is connected.

We also help clients monitor activities and handle phone management. We can also do the integration with other software, such as SIEM. Often, the connectors have been built, and, if it's not, then we can just go there, and request it from the vendor. They have a developer who can download the pack, which might mainly takes around five to ten days of time.

The solution comes as an entire bundle. You don't have to buy any extra features. You simply buy the term license on a yearly basis. Licensing works very well. It depends upon the customer. Some customers, like banks, want to own the license, so we have to sell them licenses for three years or five years, or even seven years.

On the other hand, some companies are very small and because of their low PNL, they prefer the option to license year on year. They want to buy the term license, so we sell it as a term license. You don't own the license, you just use it for a year and then come back, if you want to renew.

There's nothing extra hidden in cost. Even support is embedded.

I didn't evaluate other products. I chose this product for my clients because I use it, and I don't recommend products to my clients I don't use myself.

What other advice do I have?

I'm not sure of the exact version number of this solution. It may be 2.0. The first build was released a year ago, and after getting a lot of feedback, they've recently put out a new update, and a lot of items have been added to this latest release.

We are both customers and we are suggesting this product to our clients, which include KPMG.

My advice would be to understand why you need this product before you set it up. People think if they implement a UBA their problems will go away. You need to understand what the UBA is and how it can help, then you need to apply that to your business. UBA is purely on endpoint security. There is the user front into the data center or any other things. Just make sure to educate yourself before you buy it.

I'd rate the solution seven out of ten, simply because it's so new and there are so many improvements that can still be made.