ArcSight Analytics Overview

ArcSight Analytics is the #9 ranked solution in our list of top User Behavior Analytics - UEBA tools. It is most often compared to Securonix UEBA: ArcSight Analytics vs Securonix UEBA

What is ArcSight Analytics?

ArcSight User Behavior Analytics offers enterprises the ability to monitor and detect from internal and external security threats and fraud.

ArcSight Analytics is also known as ArcSight User Behavior Analytics, ArcSight UBA.

Download the User Behavior Analytics - UEBA Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: April 2021

ArcSight Analytics Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about ArcSight Analytics pricing:
  • "It can range between $30,000 and $40,000 USD, and can go up to $500,000 and $600,000 USD."

ME
SenrSyseng67
Senior Systems Engineer at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
Reseller
Aug 22, 2019
A mature and well-regarded cyber security solution for big data, network security, and analytics

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use for this product is to cover on DCI (Data Center Interconnect) requirement and design excerpts. It is used to connect all the links from different systems and environments. We also use it to do accommodations between the systems and environments and have multiple use cases between the systems.

• "Allows multiple integrations with multiple systems in a stable and flexible fashion."
  • "The GUI interface is not always intuitive and easy for non-technical users to work with."

What other advice do I have?

Advice that I would give to other people who are considering using this product is that they need to have a good working knowledge of the system. They might want to consider training. They need to be able to specify exactly what the scope of the project is for the net position and in their implementation and installation. If customers who have common needs, like a solution to cover PCI (Payment Card Industry) only, I sometimes advise them to not invest in this system, because it is not made to only cover your PCI requirements. If I had to rate this product on a scale from one to ten it would…
Madhusudhan RTalluri
Principle Architect at Tech Mahindra
Mar 12, 2020
Has good behavioral analytics and anomaly detection features

• "The features I have found most valuable are it capabilities for behavioral analytics and anomaly detection."
  • "ArcSight's features that can be improved include anything related to its visualization capabilities and user friendliness."

What other advice do I have?

The advice I would give to people who want to use ArcSight is to have patience and use the complete innovations of the tool, don't go by the superficial features. Do a total analytics of the tool to understand what value it can provide. On a scale of one to ten I would rate ArcSight an eight.
Find out what your peers are saying about Micro Focus, Securonix Solutions, Microsoft and others in User Behavior Analytics - UEBA. Updated: April 2021.
475,705 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Ahmed Naguib, Ccie Voice
Cyber Security Manager at Malomatia
Sep 23, 2019
Excellent at correlating logs with very good stability and scalability, but the solution needs better reporting

What is our primary use case?

We are primarily using the solution for security alerts and correlation of security events and logs.

• "The ability to correlate different logs is the solution's most valuable feature."
  • "The reporting and the way it is worded needs to be improved in future releases. The dashboards are quite poorly designed."

What other advice do I have?

I would rate the solution seven out of ten. The solution is much more suited to complex use cases. If it's a very simple use case, then ArcSight is not the right choice for you.
Bechara Abou Rahal
Software Engineer at BMB
Aug 18, 2019
Facilitates compliance and provides important visibility

What is our primary use case?

We implement this solution for our clients. It is primarily used for compliance, but also for analytics and SOC implementation. All of the deployments that we have implemented are on-premises.

• "The two most valuable features of this solution are its stability and scalability."
  • "There is a GUI, but it is not complete and lacks functionality that needs to be performed using the console."

What other advice do I have?

The biggest lesson that I have learned from using this product is that the tool is not the most important component. The tool is important, but the intelligence that you put into it is even more so. I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.
Nono Bonnet
Analyst at Orange
Aug 21, 2019
Provides us with valuable user-connection details for our servers

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for log management and correletion.

• "This solution allows us to identify connections for all users."
  • "The interactive dashboard is complicated and you need to have training in order to use it, so I think that it could be made easier to use."

What other advice do I have?

This solution has taught me a lot about log files, including what types of network information is contained in them. I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.
AS
Senio9887
Senior Information Security Analyst at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
Aug 19, 2019
Easily creates use cases and reports, but needs improves to the GUI and dashboards

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for the authentication of software.

• "This solution makes it easy to create use cases, and it is easy to move queries from use cases to the report to the dashboard."
  • "I would like to see integration with automation products, such as Phantom Automation."

What other advice do I have?

This is a solution that I recommend. I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.
Ashok KumarLokhande
Cyber Security Consultant at a transportation company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Feb 11, 2020
Good log monitoring, but the interface is not user-friendly and it needs better integration with third-party solutions

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for monitoring our network. It does authentication failure monitoring, VPN log monitoring, internal threat monitoring, and outside threat monitoring. It also looks for IOCs and malicious activity that is originating from internet connections.

• "The most valuable feature is the log monitoring."
  • "ArcSight is not a user-friendly solution and the interface needs to be improved."

What other advice do I have?

This is not a solution that I would recommend. Instead, I would recommend Splunk or QRadar. In the case of an organization with a small budget, I would recommend AlientValut or Elasticsearch. I would rate this solution a six out of ten.