MuhammadJunaid3
Techniqal Lead Enterprise Solution at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Arcsight ESM is one of the best SIEM platform having market leading corelation engine, which is the plus point of Arcsight ESM it is very stable by its distributed architecture and scalability.

• "I am satisfied with the solution's stability."
  • "Micro Focus does not have a physical presence here in Pakistan, although IBM does."

What is our primary use case?

We help our customers to implement the solution to detect known threats by state of the art variety of use cased offerings.

How has it helped my organization?

Arcsight ESM help customer in Automation for their complex security use case in order to detect the bad guys.

What is most valuable?

Corelation Engine by corelating the cross domain logs.

What needs improvement?

OOB content is limited Microfocus should release the smart connector update on quaterly basis.

I've been working with the Micro Focus ArcSight portfolio for nearly six years.

I am satisfied with the solution's stability.

I am satisfied with the solution's scalability.

We are satisfied with technical support and most of our problems have been resolved.

Simple and pretty straight forward.

We provide the implementation and maintenance services of the solution for our customers.

According to the Gartner Reports and Gartner Reviews, the main competitors of the solution are IBM and Splunk. They provide their services world-wide and do much implementation in the region.

the plus point for Arcsight ESM is having cross domain corelation feature.

What other advice do I have?

I rate ArcSight Enterprise Security Manager (ESM) as a 8 out of ten.

GM
Information Security Analyst at a comms service provider with 1,001-5,000 employees
The roadmap is not clear but it has a very good correlation feature

• "The correlation feature is good."
  • "The roadmap is not clear."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is for security purposes. We are customers of ArcSight and I'm an information security analyst.

What is most valuable?

I think the correlation feature is one of the best features of ArcSight.

What needs improvement?

A lot of improvements could be made in the product. I think the roadmap is not clear, and there is no AI or machine learning solution.

I've been using this solution for five years.

We haven't had any issues with stability.

I think there is good technical skill with the technical support but their attitude and response time is not good.

I recall that the initial setup was quite complex. We took subscription services for two weeks which covered the period of deployment.

We are actually moving to another solution because the roadmap is not clear. We are just a small team and we don't need to monitor 24/7. We're looking to replace it with another more intelligent solution like Splunk or Securonix.

What other advice do I have?

Honestly, I won't recommend the ArcSight to another person.

I would rate this solution a four out of 10.

Learn what your peers think about ArcSight Enterprise Security Manager (ESM). Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: October 2021.
541,708 professionals have used our research since 2012.
ShilpaSingh
Security Engineer at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
A stable and scalable solution with good correlation and parsing

• "I really like the correlation part and the way the logs are correlated. I have never faced issues with parsing in this product. I like the way it parses, and everything is so clear to me."
  • "Its search part can be improved. When I go to the console and search for a few logs or something else, it takes a lot of time. When I try to search for three days or one week, it takes too much time. This is a major area of improvement. I wanted them to include features like SOAR, threat intelligence, and automation, and they seem to have included all these features in version 7.3 or 7.4."

What is most valuable?

I really like the correlation part and the way the logs are correlated. I have never faced issues with parsing in this product. I like the way it parses, and everything is so clear to me.

What needs improvement?

Its search part can be improved. When I go to the console and search for a few logs or something else, it takes a lot of time. When I try to search for three days or one week, it takes too much time. This is a major area of improvement.

I wanted them to include features like SOAR, threat intelligence, and automation, and they seem to have included all these features in version 7.3 or 7.4.

I have been using this solution for approximately three to four years.

It is stable.

It is scalable.

I have experience with their technical support, and I would rate them 4.5 out of 5. Whenever I have raised a ticket, I got an appropriate response. They were able to solve my problem.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate ArcSight Enterprise Security Manager (ESM) an eight out of ten.

VN
Senior Manager at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Great real-time reporting, offers simplicity for implementation and operations

• "Very good real-time reporting with a good dashboard."
  • "Currently lacks SOAR feature."

What is our primary use case?

We deal mainly with enterprise companies - I'm the senior manager and we are partners with ArcSight.

What is most valuable?

The solution has a good dashboard, very good real-time reporting and it's easy to use, offering simplicity for implementation and operations.

What needs improvement?

I'd like to see an improvement in their training and documentation. SOAR (Security Orchestration, Automation, and Response) would be a good feature to include in the future.

I've been using this solution for six years.

This solution is stable and scalable.

They offer 24/7 standby support wherever you are. It's very good.

The initial setup is straightforward.

The cost is reasonable for a good solution.

What other advice do I have?

It's important to set up the organization before implementation, checking internal desktops or IT security internals before buying the solution.

I rate this product an eight out of 10.

Olakanmi Oluwole
Cyber threat Intelligence Manager at CyberLab Africa
Scalable, good technical support, but stability could improve

What is our primary use case?

We are using ArcSight Enterprise Security Manager (ESM) for data analytics. We monitor the reports on security event information.

I have been using this solution for approximately one year.

The solution could be more stable.

We have not had any issue with the scalability. We have approximately 20 users using this solution in my organization.

We have been satisfied with the support.

The installation was easy.

We had assistance with the implementation of the solution. We have…

What is our primary use case?

I have been using this solution for approximately one year.

The solution could be more stable.

We have not had any issue with the scalability.

We have approximately 20 users using this solution in my organization.

We have been satisfied with the support.

The installation was easy.

We had assistance with the implementation of the solution. We have approximately five individuals that do the maintenance.

There is a license required for this solution.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others.

I rate ArcSight Enterprise Security Manager (ESM) a seven out of ten.

SS
Information Technology Security Consultant at a computer software company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Easy setup but should offer an entire report listing of integrated devices

What is most valuable?

There are many features that are good for clients who are looking for a good SIEM solution. They like the ease of creating a business that is effective and impressive.

What needs improvement?

The security is difficult.  I would like to have a feature that gives us an entire report listing what devices are integrated.

I have been using ArcSight for the last five years.

In the beginning, we got good support but it hasn't been what it used to be. On weekends we get the list of devices that are integrated but if we need to generate the lists of rights, it doesn't send the logs.

The initial setup was simple. The initial setup took five to…

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

The security is difficult.

I have been using ArcSight for the last five years.

The initial setup was simple. The initial setup took five to six days.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it a seven out of ten. In the next release, I would like for them to include a list of integrated devices.

US
CISO and DPO at ValueLabs LLP
MSP
Good visibility into end-to-end communications helps discover security threats

• "ArcSight gives us better visibility into threats that were unknown earlier."
  • "We would like the ability to easily identify either unused resources or those that are being used sub-optimally."

What is our primary use case?

Flexibility, high ingestion rate, and complexity of use cases.

How has it helped my organization?

ArcSight gives us better visibility into threats that were unknown earlier. We now have an ability to assess end-to-end communications, as well as alerts from various security solutions along the path.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are lists, correlation, escalation matrix, and customers.

What needs improvement?

The following needs to be improved:

1. We would like the ability to easily identify either unused resources or those that are being used sub-optimally.
  2. ESM should make usage of variables and other such deep customizations, highly intuitive.
  3. User behavior analytics is too pricey but an essential tool.

We have been using ArcSight for eight years.

Download our free ArcSight Enterprise Security Manager (ESM) Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.