ArcSight Logger OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

ArcSight Logger is the #14 ranked solution in our list of Log Management Software. It is most often compared to ELK Logstash: ArcSight Logger vs ELK Logstash

What is ArcSight Logger?
HPE ArcSight Data Platform (ADP) offers a future-ready data solution that enriches data in real time and supports open standards for better threat detection. Using security data connectors, ADP collects data and enriches it in real-time to give analysts organized information that can be acted upon instantly.

ArcSight Logger is also known as Micro Focus Arcsight Logger, HPE Arcsight Logger.

ArcSight Logger Buyer's Guide

Download the ArcSight Logger Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2021

ArcSight Logger Customers
China Merchants Bank, Bank AlJazira, Banca Intesa
ArcSight Logger Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about ArcSight Logger pricing:
  • "It's not cheap at all as it's a big product and has been in the market for quite some time now."
  • "The pricing is quite harsh."

ArcSight Logger Reviews

HM
Chief Information Security Officer and Founder at a insurance company with 201-500 employees
Passes compliance thresholds and standard requirements and has good performance

• "It's an efficient solution."
  • "The console in older versions is not user-friendly."

What other advice do I have?

Arcsight was a technology we used for CM security information event management. We deployed it when I was an Information Security Senior Engineer in a company that provided electricity and water for Casablanca and neighboring cities. Arcsight was a requirement for the ISO27001 standard. It was a requirement because the company was certified. For the first audit, we presented the roadmap that contained the deployment of that kind of solution. After that, we launched an offering to different information system providers. We choose Arcsight as the CM solution. A requirement of our local…
SA
Security Professional at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
Has very fast search operations but is not easy to implement and maintain

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case was to catch malicious activity happening inside our organization.

• "It's a brilliant log collection tool, and it can handle hundreds of thousands of servers in a single shot to ingest the data."
  • "It's not a new product and is a bit complex. So, it requires a person dedicated to working on it and to know about it in and out. It is a huge product, and the search operation is a bit complicated for a new user or someone who has not used it for long. So for that person, it becomes a bit difficult."

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend ArcSight Logger and rate it at seven on a scale from one to ten.
Learn what your peers think about ArcSight Logger. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
536,548 professionals have used our research since 2012.
KL
Team Lead at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Reseller
Strong scalability options, Flexible log collection and has an easy setup

What is our primary use case?

We focus mainly on the enterprise market where the customers have the requirement for log management and compliance. And most of the time we propose ESM along with the logger for SIEM requirements. We have multiple Logger customers here in Sri Lanka where we've implemented and maintained solutions for them.

• "In terms of ArcSight Logger's most valuable feature, it is their scalability. ArcSight's real advantage is its scalability because they have two layers, including the logger layer."
  • "I would rate the technical support only 5 out of 10. The technical support is not satisfactory."

What other advice do I have?

I would advise anyone looking to implement this solution to have a good understanding of your infrastructure and to verify your architecture. You should be able to get an idea of their road map for the next five years to just verify what sort of effect it will be making on your system. On a scale of one to ten, I would rate it an eight.
SV
Founder & CEO at a security firm with 10,001+ employees
A robust solution than can handle complex operations and analytics, but the reporting capabilities are limited

What is our primary use case?

ArcSight logger was used for storing your logs, long-term, in a structured way. You can search in it, you can structure your data in it, and you can generate simple reports.

• "It's a robust, mature product and you can do some really complex operations and analytics."
  • "You have limited reporting capabilities and I wouldn't choose ArcSight Logger for this purpose."

What other advice do I have?

We are involved with technology that allows us to solve problems for clients that they cannot solve themselves. These are often complex environments. This solution has still been in use over the past year. We have a client who has the full ArcSight Suite. We are working on a solution to phase out Logger in the coming year and replace it with Elastic or Splunk. We can replace ArcSight entirely by Splunk and use Elastic for fast search. We think that there is more progress in that platform. I would rate this solution a six out of ten.
ShilpaSingh
Security Engineer at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
High performance, easy query creation, and straightforward documents

• "Some of the most valuable features I really appreciate are the performance, how quick the solution is, and how easy it is to create a query."
  • "The solution could be improved in maintenance settings."

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend it to others because the performance of the solution is overall great. One of the significant features are its high search capacity and if you know the query language you will be more comfortable. I rate ArcSight Logger a nine out of ten.
PN
Senior Information Security Analyst – GRC at a transportation company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Expensive with poor support, but it gives us the basic information we want

What is our primary use case?

We have just upgraded to Splunk, so we're currently in the process of converting everything over from ArcSight to Splunk.

• "ArcSight provides the basic information that we want."
  • "The integration with other systems could be improved."

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a five out of ten.
MS
Senior Security Analyst at a government with 201-500 employees
Good search capability that is simple to use

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for archiving log feeds.

• "The most valuable feature is the search capability, which is simple to use."
  • "We have had problems with archiving."

What other advice do I have?

I am the technical support person for all of our on-site components. My advice for anybody who is implementing this solution is to use ArcSight ESM to correlate the logs and display them on the dashboard. I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.