ARIS BPA Alternatives and Competitors
Read reviews of ARIS BPA alternatives and competitors
Lead Business Analyst at a media company with 10,001+ employees
Dec 3, 2019
Enables us to identify business analysts that are working on two different things and link up efforts
What is our primary use case?We are using it in a mixture, actually. We have got our business-as-usual business analysis activities and we are getting our business analyst to model the processes that they would normally draw up in their day-to-day activity. Instead of doing it in Visio, we are asking them to do it in Signavio to get the depth of the information that we actually need for the process plans. Things like attributes, the full details of the task descriptions, the full roles and all that is recorded and then filed centrally. What we are also doing is we are trying to expand our scope. This has been a project… more »
Pros and Cons
- "The features I find most valuable are ease of use and the Collaboration Hub."
- "Customized reporting can be improved to make this a more versatile tool."
What other advice do I have?One of the important things for us when we were looking at solutions, was the ease of use. A lot of other solutions out there were just like Visio. The interface for Signavio is good. It is easy to use. It is self-explanatory. I can't really say much more about it in that way. The ease of use affected the adoption in our organization massively. If it had not been easy to use and people were struggling with it, then they just would not have used it. So I'd say it's quite a high factor in making a choice. Because we are still not using it to its full capacity, it is difficult to really assess…
Easy to use and very basic, but it's hard to manage attributes
Pros and Cons
- "I haven't needed to reach out to technical support the entire time I've used the product. It's very basic and very simple, and therefore I've never run into any issues I haven't been able to deal with personally."
- "To be able to extract a report for business project management notations would be ideal."
What other advice do I have?I'm just a customer. I don't have a business relationship with Visio. For how I use the solution, it's quite good and does what I need it to do. It's unique in terms of drawing processes. That said, it is getting a little bit old. There are other solutions out there that offer many more functionalities and users can work with more information on them. That's really useful. Visio, on the other hand, doesn't have the same kind of capabilities. That's why I'm currently looking for another application to use. I want to be able to export more information from the business process management…
Quickly build multiple layers within the organizational and business process environments
What is our primary use case?Our primary use for this solution is enterprise modeling, providing integration between program management and systems engineering. For several years now, I have focused on building a model for continuous improvement that integrates strategy planning, project management, analytics, process design, and change management that I can implement for clients. Magic Draw provides, I would say, an eighty-percent solution for this capability. More so than any other product that I've evaluated.
Pros and Cons
- "The most valuable feature is the ability to quickly build multiple layers within the organizational and business process environments, as well as in the SysML product environments, and converting to files that can be accessed by clients who do not have a system and a teamwork server access."
- "I would like to see the ability to deploy live business process models and capture real-time data (without the need for another product tool) so you don't have to be dependent on other products for this functionality."
What other advice do I have?Magic Draw has capabilities that I'm sure I haven't even touched on, but at least for what I'm attempting to achieve, it provides the most capability to meet my needs at this point in time.
EstagiÃ¡ria em processos
Jun 12, 2021
Accessible user manuals, plenty of tools, and nice user interface
Pros and Cons
- "The interface, design, and accessible user manuals to help get started using the solution are valuable features in Bizagi."
- "The solution is a bit heavy on resources and has slowed down my computer."