ARIS Cloud OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

ARIS Cloud is the #14 ranked solution in our list of BPM Software. It is most often compared to SAP Signavio Process Manager: ARIS Cloud vs SAP Signavio Process Manager

What is ARIS Cloud?

ARIS is the market-leading solution for professional business process management and modeling. Whether you want to document the "as-is" state of your operations for quality or certification reasons or design the "to-be" in terms of continuous improvement in your transformation program, ARIS is the best choice for establishing a single source of truth regarding all process excellence topics in your organization. It is for any organization looking to digitally transform their business, increase operational excellence and customer experience and ensure compliance in execution. ARIS helps you to make the most out of your processes with Process Mining, Risk & Compliance Management, RPA and much more!

What make the difference?

• The most comprehensive platform for process excellence in the market
  • Easy to use
  • Covers business & IT architecture from all angles
  • Full flexibility and >100 diagram types
  • Customer-driven development based on best practices
  • Strong partner ecosystem

We serve customers across all industries and of every size. Our customers trust ARIS as the market leader for process excellence with more than 10 million users worldwide - from single-user companies to the Fortune 500. ARIS is ideally suited for any organization looking to digitally transform their business, increase operational excellence and customer experience and ensure compliance in execution.

ARIS Cloud is also known as Process Live, ARIS Simulation, ARIS Aware, ARIS Connect.

Download the Business Process Design Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2021

ARIS Cloud Customers

Philips, Vodafone, Siemens, Coca-Cola, Kiabi, Hermes Fulfilment, ING, Encevo, Weifu Group, Australia Post

ARIS Cloud Video

ARIS Cloud Reviews

JH
Owner at a consultancy with 11-50 employees
Excellent ability to function in complex circumstances

• "It has proved that it also works in complex circumstances."
  • "Initial setup is rather complex. You have to find a way to isolate the complexity, and find common ground."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is connected to finance, back-office processing in certain areas, reconciliation from various departments with different processes and different data departments.

What needs improvement?

For improvement, I think BPM-vendors should make their models more flexible. One approach would be:

• (a) to analyze the challenges of complex event processing in business environments subject to recurring change,
  • (b) to cluster observed agile adjustments into types and
  • (c) to extend their models to include the most common adjustment types. I think this is a very difficult issue, mathematically sound deadlock detection and prevention being one of the reasons.

Features that could be included relate to the above issues of flexibility. I'm not sure these issues could be solved in the next release, they might rather be included as goals in the medium and long-term strategy. It's really the vendors who would need to be involved in flexibility improvement and identifying the areas where it's required. I assume they are already doing that because they are quite interested in this area and are probably already on the right path.

Initial setup is rather complex. You have to find a way to isolate the complexity, and find common ground at a level where they don't need the details, and if you choose that level, then you can use this business process modeling and then later on plug in some interfaces to deal with the details and the complexities.

We've always gone for a higher level in price brackets, but actually I think if it really works and you can achieve a more uniform process and become a little bit more flexible, then I think the price is not really an issue. You need to prove that the return on investment is very high, and then the price isn't the deciding factor. It depends on who you talk to, accountants, for example, need to calculate the return. The pricing issue always comes up. If you can prove a good return on investment, then sometimes it's really so high that the price doesn't matter.

At the end of the day, if it's a good tool, people will stick with it. There are several tools that you can use very easily at the beginning, and later on, you find out they're lacking here or there, and in the end, it doesn't work well because of the environment or requirements that may be too complex for the tool. You might then choose a different solution, but I think in ARIS's case, that is not the issue.

What other advice do I have?

It works pretty well but there are also some pieces that need adjustment, maybe it's a little too structured. So you have to learn lots of things, We'd wanted to test S2 models in the business process notation. But you need lots of experience to get into it, and ARIS has proven that it works also in complex circumstances. I might be in favor of some tools which are not really as good as I think, and there might be other tools which are very bad, and I really like them. For now, I simply haven't had experience in the other, smaller tools.

I would rate it an eight out of ten.

EL
SC Business Process Owner at a construction company with 10,001+ employees
Easy to collaborate with and is user-friendly and intuitive for end-users

• "It's very easy to collaborate with. It's very user-friendly"
  • "The price is quite high. This is one weak point of the solution."

What is our primary use case?

We use the latest version because it's the cloud version so I imagine that this is the latest version that we use. It is used in a private cloud deployment. We are in the process of describing the complete map of our business processes and so we are mainly using the parts or the software that enable us to make the description of the different processes. So the tool enables us to describe using the BPMN native language, the different processes that we have in the company. We have about fifteen users using Aris Cloud.

What is most valuable?

We had used other products before Aris Cloud and we have chosen to go for the ARIS system. We are quite happy because it's very easy to collaborate with. It's very user-friendly, intuitive for the end-users to use the tool. So we are happy. It's perfectly answering our needs. If I compare again to what I know and what we used in the past, it's a very good tool.

What needs improvement?

The price is quite high. This is one weak point of the solution.

We have been working with ARIS Cloud for almost a year.

Stability is very good. I haven't heard anything wrong about the tool regarding stability.

I cannot really judge scalability because today we are a limited number of users using the tools. We have deployed the tool for enabling the business process experts within the company to describe the business processes. One of the next steps is to enlarge the users who will use our system but more as a viewer of the processes. We will do this within a few months, maybe six months from now.

They work with partners and we are supported by the partner service. We work with these partners and the support is very good.

We have used other tools in the past. We have used the major software for example. We were not very happy about that solution because it was quite difficult to use for our users. Then we switched to another solution but I can't remember the name. It's a tool that is network-based. But it was a tool a bit like these, the problem was that for the corporation it was quite difficult because everybody made their own version of the description of the processes and then it was quite difficult to integrate everything.

I think it was a complex one because it's a private cloud but we just needed to do a secure connection between our system and the external cloud.

We compared ARIS. It's very integrated. You can reuse the different objects and processes that you create. This was one of our main requirements to have a tool that was object-oriented in order to be able to reuse what is described very easily.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Aris Cloud at a nine out of ten.

Private Cloud