Aruba ClearPass Overview

Aruba ClearPass is the #3 ranked solution in our list of top Network Access Control tools. It is most often compared to Cisco ISE (Identity Services Engine): Aruba ClearPass vs Cisco ISE (Identity Services Engine)

What is Aruba ClearPass?

ClearPass Policy Manager provides secure network access in a world made up of mobile and IoT devices. It features ultra-scalable AAA with RADIUS and uses contextual data based on every user and device to enforce adaptive policies for wireless, wired or VPN access.

Aruba ClearPass is also known as Avenda eTIPS.

Download the Network Access Control Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: March 2021

Aruba ClearPass Customers

Consulate Health Care, Los Angeles Unified School District, Science Applications International Corp (SAIC), San Diego State University, KFC, ACTS Retirement-Life Communities

Aruba ClearPass Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Aruba ClearPass pricing:
  • "We pay an annual licensing fee for Aruba and there are no additional costs."
  • "The pricing is not bad and everything is included."

Aruba ClearPass Reviews

FL
reviewer1364637
Architecte Système at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Jun 20, 2020
Excellent for securing local networks, very stable, and easily scalable

What is our primary use case?

My clients primarily use the solution to control access to the network or their sites. If a computer is not recognized by ClearPass, it won't be able to gain access.

• "We find that at the end of the projects we manage, all functionalities perform quite well. We've tested it a lot and find it to be overall a very good solution."
  • "The solution needs to upgrade its user interface. Right now, it's not so user friendly, and it's an aspect that my clients' wish was improved upon."

What other advice do I have?

We've partnered with HPE and Aruba. I work at a service company. I go and install solutions for customers. I just handle the install for my customers. I don't use the software myself every day or on a regular basis. My role is one of a project technician and director. I'm an architect. Our organization handles all sizes of companies from small to large enterprises. If there's a company out there considering the solution, I'd just caution them to be ready. There is a lot of configuration to do on all of the infrastructure. Other than that, it's an excellent solution. It's great for securing a…
AN
Security5e37
Security Automation and Incident Response at a tech services company
Jul 4, 2019
Enables us to double verify whether a machine is compliant with our policy

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution mainly for NAC, network access control.

• "We can double verify whether a machine is compliant with our policy on the one hand, and on the other hand if it's one of our machines we let it into the network."
  • "The user interface should be improved. The logs and how the logging mechanism works can also use an upgrade."

What other advice do I have?

My advice is to get a good integrator. I would rate this solution as an eight and a half out of ten.
Find out what your peers are saying about Aruba Networks, Cisco, ForeScout and others in Network Access Control. Updated: March 2021.
474,319 professionals have used our research since 2012.
it_user688896
WiFi Manager at Etisalat UAE
Jul 1, 2019
Offers support for every time you have database issues

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for Aruba ClearPass is to use it in IoT services.

• "Aruba has improved my organization because it supported me on my level of access."
  • "Aruba needs to improve and the processes must be clear."

What other advice do I have?

I can recommend this solution for anyone in terms of guest management or from a security perspective. I will rate this a nine out of ten.
David Kariuki
Manager, Systems Technology at Ketraco
Jun 24, 2019
If you max out the endpoint devices that you want to manage, you upgrade the license and can get more scalability.

What is our primary use case?

1. To improve overall security by segmenting the Guest and Corporate Vlan. 2. To Manage BYOD in the organization. 3. To provide visbility on my corporate network using one management dashboard environment for the devices

• "The initial setup was straightforward."
  • "I would like the area of managing wired technology to be improved. Wireless is very good but I'm still struggling a bit to do my end to end configurations in the wired technology area."

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a nine.
Unmesh Deshpande
CTO at Kingsway Hospitals
Apr 16, 2020
Simple to deploy, good analytics, and usage is transparent to the users

• "It's very easy to access support and the documentation is self-explanatory."
  • "In the future, I would like to see plugins for AI and machine learning."

What other advice do I have?

This is a solution that I would strongly recommend. We are very happy with the support and the product overall. Although it meets our satisfaction and requirements 100%, you can never give a 100% mark. There is a little bit of room for improvement in all things. I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.
JL
reviewer1409682
Assistant Lead Engineer at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Sep 23, 2020
Straightforward to deploy, easy to use, and the support is quick

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use is network access control at the endpoints.

• "The interface is very easy to use and the workflow is quite straightforward."
  • "The licensing model could be improved."

What other advice do I have?

Overall, this is a good product and I can recommend it. There is really nothing bad that I can say about it, although I do think that they should work on changing the licensing model. I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.
RF
Raimundo Falque
Technical Department at Telenor Comunicaciones
Dec 14, 2020
Versatile and stable solution

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is for security.

• "The aspect of Aruba ClearPass that I like most is that it has a lot of options, it is very versatile."
  • "The initial setup was quite complex, it is not that easy."

What other advice do I have?

On a scale of one to ten I would give Aruba ClearPass an eight. It is a good solution for applying security to the network. I would recommend it.
Marius Matijošius
Networking Architect at Telia Lietuva, AB
Reseller
Apr 20, 2020
Very mature with great functionality; excellent online support

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is providing services for this solution. We've done a big proof of concept for Clearpass in our company. And another recent case I prepared was a proposal for one of our biggest customers regarding a solution for network access control. Clearpass was practically the heart of that solution. My position in the company is independent. The company sells end products and services from various vendors and Aruba is one of them. We do the implementation.

• "A mature and functional product."
  • "Some functions could be improved."

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this product a nine out of 10.
See 2 more Aruba ClearPass Reviews
Product Categories
Network Access Control
Download our free Network Access Control Report and find out what your peers are saying about Aruba Networks, Cisco, ForeScout, and more!