Aruba Networks Wireless WAN Overview

Aruba Networks Wireless WAN is the #2 ranked solution in our list of top Wireless WAN tools. It is most often compared to Ubiquiti Wireless: Aruba Networks Wireless WAN vs Ubiquiti Wireless

What is Aruba Networks Wireless WAN?
Aruba Networks Wireless WAN enables communication anywhere people work. It supports BYO-everything and does it securely and reliably. And it makes life simpler for IT with automation and centralized management.

Download the Wireless WAN Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: May 2021

Aruba Networks Wireless WAN Customers
The Pittsburgh Golf Club, Rio Rancho Public Schools, Amwaj Rotana - Jumeirah Beach Residence - Dubai, Trevecca Nazarene University
Aruba Networks Wireless WAN Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Aruba Networks Wireless WAN pricing:
  • "The price of this solution is better than some other vendors."
  • "The price of this solution is approximately 1,000,000 ESP ($6,750 USD)."
  • "It is more affordable than Cisco."

AA
Network Engineer at a tech company with 201-500 employees
Allows you to easily scale your network infrastructure to support thousands of remote users

What is our primary use case?

We've built out a new office and we use Aruba as our wireless system. Regular workers at our company use it. We built the office for about 500 seats. In the end, it should be able to seat roughly 500 people. If each person has at least three devices, that's close to 1500 devices on the network. That's the capacity that we're planning to use.

• "I like the way that it integrates with the ClearPass security system on-site."
  • "Right now, the integration between the support that you are getting from Hewlett-Packard, which is the parent company, and Aruba, they're not meshing together."

What other advice do I have?

I only have experience with the controller-less environment, which is Aruba Central. When I do searches on Google, most of the information regarding that is for a controller-based or controller-less. I think Aruba Central is a newer way of deploying this solution, so because of that, there seems to be less information for it. I would probably recommend talking to your representatives in order to get as much information about Aruba Central as you can before investing in it. If you can use a controller, it could be better or easier to find out information and learn how to configure it. On a…
Managing Partner at ODEC Technology Solutions
Perfect scalability, and great stability with no need for a physical controller

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for expanding the capabilities of the network to wireless devices.

• "The solution is overall a great product. The stability is one of the best aspects of it. It's also useful in helping control multiple access points. You don't need to have a physical controller like other brands."
  • "The initial setup has a lot of options, which makes it very versatile yet very complicated to install. There should be two modes: a basic mode and then a more advanced mode to help make implementation easier. Most of the time, if it's a small installation, you don't need the complexity. You shouldn't need higher expertise in order to install a couple of access points in a single place."

What other advice do I have?

We're an Aruba partner. We use the on-premises deployment model. I'd rate the solution eight out of ten.
Find out what your peers are saying about Aruba Networks, Ubiquiti Networks, Cambium Networks and others in Wireless WAN. Updated: May 2021.
479,894 professionals have used our research since 2012.
SR
Network Engineer at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
Central mobility controller can manage everything instead of having the independent or basic cellular setup

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use is to provide wireless network access for our clients.

• "The product keeps up with leading-edge technology so we have dependability and scalability."
  • "This product needs more flecibility with switching technologies."

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from one to ten where one is the worst and ten is the best, I would rate Aruba Network Wireless as an eight. It is not a ten. Nothing can be a ten out of ten or it would have to be the best product or the only product providing a service.
Senior Solutions Manager at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Easy to deploy, but the dashboards can be better and technical support should be improved

What is our primary use case?

We are a tech consultancy firm and this is one of the solutions that we implement for our clients. When our clients are looking for a local wireless environment, this solution can fit their needs.

• "The most valuable feature is the ease of setup and deployment."
  • "Technical support is important to me and I feel that it is something that can be improved."

What other advice do I have?

This is a good product and my advice for anybody who is considering it is that they can solve a lot of issues with Aruba. I think that it is okay for most of our customers. I would rate this solution a five out of ten.
MF
Project Manager at a comms service provider with 501-1,000 employees
Has good market value and offers good support for the deployment

What is our primary use case?

We have this solution on our standalone sites operating with indoor and outdoor access points connected to a controller. It has multiple access IDs in the campus area.

What is most valuable?

The brand name is good for availability. It has a better market value than other vendors. This solution is more for enterprise-sized companies as opposed to SMBs.  All the features are available, even including the security. The access point enables the matching of any connectivity.

What needs improvement?

From the commercial-side the pricing side is fine but in other aspects, it could be lowered.

We have been using Aruba for the last three to four years.

Director de Negocio. Redes, Comunicaciones y Seguridad at Avanti21 Sistemas y telecomunicaciones, S.L.
An industrial-level Wi-Fi solution with good performance and is easy to deploy

What is our primary use case?

I am a system integrator and this is one of the solutions that I implement for my customers. My customers use the Aruba Wireless WAN for Wi-Fi connectivity and network connectivity. It is typically used in an industrial setting.

• "The most valuable features are price, quality, and performance."
  • "This solution needs different models that are more specialized for certain customers."

What other advice do I have?

Aruba has good enterprise solutions that I provide to my customers. I would suggest using it with it together with a good network that has the proper security set up. I would rate this solution a ten out of ten.
Senior Solutions Manager at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Connects all of our end-users to the network via the wireless access point

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of this solution is to connect all our end-users to the network via the wireless access point.

What is most valuable?

I have found the technical support to be one of the most valuable features.

What needs improvement?

Something that needs to be improved is the integration.

I have been using Aruba Networks Wireless WAN for more than three years now.

We haven't experienced any glitches so far, so it is a very stable program.

I am more than satisfied with the program's scalability. We've had no issues so far. We have over 500 users, and one person is more than enough for the…
EA
Network Engineer at a healthcare company with 10,001+ employees
Controller with access points that is stable and easy to setup

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution to control access and bandwidth. It is used for the RTLS tracking devices that are supported by Aruba and we are going to test it in our environment.

What is most valuable?

We don't know this product very well yet, but what we have used so far and what we like are user control, bandwidth, and access. For each access point, there is one that controls the application, the layer and bandwidth quota.

What needs improvement?

The support needs improvement because it is not very good in terms of response time. It takes to long to resolve issues.

We have been using this solution for two to three months.

In the short time that we have been…
See 3 more Aruba Networks Wireless WAN Reviews
Product Categories
Wireless WAN
Download our free Wireless WAN Report and find out what your peers are saying about Aruba Networks, Ubiquiti Networks, Cambium Networks, and more!