Navin Gadhvi
Assistant Manager IT at Suzuki Motor Gujtarat
Flexible and easy-to-use

• "We didn't experience any stability or scalability issues until now with Aruba Switches"
  • "If you work for a small business, then Cisco would be best."

What is our primary use case?

I use Aruba switches to provide a stable and comfortable industrial environment.

What is most valuable?

Aruba switches are more flexible, easy to use, have a good topology and are self-managing.

What needs improvement?

I have an opinion about Aruba controllers. Aruba access points do not require any controllers. Aruba controllers have different VLANS and there is no need to configure the access points, rather only the controller. You can put different VLANs on the same controllers. You don’t need to reconfigure it. This is a good feature that would be a good vehicle to use in the next release.

I have four years of experience using Aruba Switches.

We actually are the technical support because we are from HP. We give Aruba support and LT support to Aruba customers and users.

So, because my basic profile is network only, I have experience with wifi solutions like Aruba, Cisco, Ruckus and switches also dealing with Cisco and Aruba Switches and HPE switches also— 3Com. I also work with voice environments like Siemens IP PBX, HiPath, Siemens data and Jira. I also worked with Avaya PBX and Nortel PBX.

I was in HP for more than four years where I was the team leader, managing 14 locations and area network and voice leader.

What other advice do I have?

I have four years of experience working with Aruba but I have more than 10 years of experience with Cisco. If you are working in the manufacturing industry or in an environment with high heat and high temperatures, then I would recommend Aruba Switches, but if you work for a small business, then Cisco would be best.

Overall, on a scale from one to ten, I would give Aruba Switches a nine. We do not give out ratings of 100% quality on any products.

SS
Network Architect & Pre-Sales Consultant at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Reseller
A feature-rich and reliable device that is easy to work with and has amazing technical support

• "The technical support is fantastic!"
  • "The need to come up with a bit more flexibility in their range of models."

What is our primary use case?

I'm a reseller and I supply these switches to customers.

The use case of this solution is to connect endpoint devices through to the data centers.

What is most valuable?

It has several awesome features. I actually prefer Aruba over Huawei.

What needs improvement?

With Aruba, some of the models that are available, you need simple features, but you have to go to very high models, very expensive models.

They need to come up with a bit more flexibility in their range of models.

I would like to see more flexibility with regard to the models that are available.

I've been using HP Switches for about 15 years, then when HP bought Aruba, it became Aruba and I started using it under the new name.

We use all of the versions that are available. I use the older Aruba OS Switches. I use the new Aruba CX Switches. It just depends on what the customer needs.

It's a very stable product.

Aruba Switches are very scalable.

The technical support is fantastic! Absolutely fantastic. We have no problems with their technical support.

The initial setup is straightforward. They are the easiest switches to work with.

The deployment time varies; if it's one switch then it will be quick. If it's a hundred switches, it will take a while.

here are no licensing costs for the Aruba Switches. However, there are licensing costs for some of their other solutions.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend it 100%. Absolutely no problem with it.

I would rate Aruba Switches an eight out of ten.

Learn what your peers think about Aruba Switches. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2021.
552,695 professionals have used our research since 2012.
AP
Network and Security Engineer at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Reasonably-priced, stable, and have good compatibility with other products

• "The most valuable features are the stability and compatibility with other products."
  • "They have limited CLI options in the UI and this is something that needs improvement."

What is our primary use case?

We are using Aruba Switches for switching and as a type of pilot.

What is most valuable?

When comparing there is no other product on that market that can compare to the stability.

What needs improvement?

They have limited CLI options in the UI and this is something that needs improvement.

Aruba should create a line of switches that are suitable for the industrial market.

I have been using Aruba Switches for between three and four years.

These switches are quite stable. For example, the firmware is stable and we have not had many issues.

It's scalable. There are many options for small, medium, and large enterprises.

Technical support takes a little bit of time but it is good.

I have experience with other products and I find that these devices are quite stable. In our company, we are about 80% Aruba and 20% Cisco when it comes to network switching products.

Aruba is easier to set up than Cisco. The command-line interface, on the other hand, is better in Cisco products.

The initial setup is very straightforward. Compared to other products like Cisco, Aruba switches are quite easy to configure and set up the first time.

The price for Aruba is quite a bit cheaper than it is for similar products by Cisco.

What other advice do I have?

In summary, Aruba switches work well, they are a good product, and I recommend them.

Hossam Ismail
Expert Network Consultant at a consumer goods company with 5,001-10,000 employees
Responsive and helpful support, easy to manage, and includes a good monitoring tool

• "The most valuable features are stability, ease of management, and the monitoring tool."
  • "The command-line interface could be easier to use, perhaps having voice control."

What is our primary use case?

I use Aruba wired and wireless switches as part of my network infrastructure.

What is most valuable?

These switches offer high availability and support stacking.

The audit feature gives me the ability to trust Aruba.

The layer three switches are very scalable and very reliable.

What needs improvement?

I have been working with Aruba Switches for a year and a half.

Our network environment is very stable with these switches, including wireless coverage.

I have approximately 100 switches and serve about 2,000 users.

The support team has a very fast response and they are very useful.

Our old environment was also built from Aruba products, which means that all of the components are compatible with each other.

The initial setup is very straightforward and very easy. In the last project that we deployed, I and one engineer configured about 100 switches in two days.

Our network team includes two people who are responsible for deployment and maintenance.

The pricing is perfect.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, this is a good product that has all of the features I need. I plan on continuing to use these switches and I can recommend them to others.

DM
Manager IT at Hormann Legnica Sp. z o.o.
Great monitoring, an easy setup and capable of scaling

• "The solution's most valuable aspect is its monitoring capabilities."
  • "The element of security always can be improved. If the solution continues to improve its security functionality, it will continue to be a great product."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for our company, in the office. We use it for its monitoring capabilities.

What is most valuable?

The solution's most valuable aspect is its monitoring capabilities. It works great for our organization.

What needs improvement?

Overall, it's a very good product. There isn't really a feature that needs to be simplified or improved.

I've been using the solution for around five years.

The solution is stable. We haven't had any issues with the reliability at all. It doesn't crash. There aren't bugs and glitches that affect the way it works.

The solution is scalable. If an organization needs to expand it out, they should be able to do so easily. The saying is quite good.

Although we've heard of Cisco, we never use it. We wouldn't recommend the solution above Aruba.

The initial setup was not complex at all. It was fairly straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

We're only an Aruba customer. We don't have any special relationship with Aruba.

I recommend the product. It's very good. I'd rate the solution nine out of ten. If the security was just a little bit better, I would give it full marks. As it is right now, the security could always be improved upon.

MK
Senior Technical Officer at Sri Lanka Telecom Services
Scalable and secure switches offering high-speed connectivity

• "Aruba Central is very valuable to us."
  • "I would prefer it if they reduced the cost of the switches and the access points."

What is most valuable?

Aruba Central is very valuable to us.

What needs improvement?

I would prefer it if they reduced the cost of the switches and the access points. They are very high for a country like Sri Lanka. It's a good product, but the price is too high.

Here, most customers are interested in cheaper, local solutions like Planet Switches. I think Auba is better than the local solutions, but they need to cut the cost down in order for people to switch over to them.

I have been using Aruba Switches for three years.

Aruba Switches are both scalable and stable. I am pretty satisfied with this product.

Their technical support is pretty good. Actually, the first level of support is given by our supplier. Regardless of the time, they will help you.

Before Aruba, we worked with Cisco, but personally, I prefer Aruba.

The initial setup is very easy.

I'm not part of the configuration team. We have a team that handles all implementation and configuration. I am part of the design team.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend Aruba for anyone looking for a stable enterprise-level solution.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give Aruba Switches a rating of eight. If they lowered the cost and introduced some basic-level features and access points, I would give them a higher rating. Basic Aruba access points are expensive in Sri Lanka.

PK
Chief Information Officer at a retailer with 10,001+ employees
Trouble-free setup, stable, and good from a management perspective

• "Management-wise, this is a good solution."
  • "It would be better and easier for us to buy if the price were reduced."

What is our primary use case?

We are using Aruba switches for our local network infrastructure.

What is most valuable?

Management-wise, this is a good solution.

This is a very stable switch.

What needs improvement?

It would be better and easier for us to buy if the price were reduced.

I have been working with Aruba Switches for at least two years.

I've had no issues with problems related to stability. From my perspective, everything is working well.

I have never been in contact with Aruba technical support.

We have worked with other switches from other vendors and I have knowledge about Cisco, HP, and others. With HP, we can get some good discounts.

We had no issues or problems with the initial setup.

We have an internal team for deployment and maintenance.

This is an expensive product, costing about double what most competitors do. I would like to keep Aruba as my infrastructure, but it costs a lot.

What other advice do I have?

From the perspective of IT management, this is a good product, it is working fine and I don't have any issues with it. I can recommend it to others.

AH
Group Network Specialist at a financial services firm with 5,001-10,000 employees
Good security, stable, and a lifetime warranty is available, but the price should be reduced

What is our primary use case?

We use Aruba switches as part of our network infrastructure.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the security that these switches provide.

What needs improvement?

We would like to see centralized, cloud-based management. If the price were lower then it would be more competitive with other products by vendors such as Cisco and Ruckus.

I have been working with Aruba switches for more than ten years.

In our experience, this is a stable product. Once they are configured, you rarely get any problems.

What is our primary use case?

We use Aruba switches as part of our network infrastructure.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the security that these switches provide.

What needs improvement?

We would like to see centralized, cloud-based management.

I have been working with Aruba switches for more than ten years.

We have rarely had problems with our switches. When there is an issue with the hardware, it is replaced on the spot because we bought the lifetime limited warranty for them.

The price of these switches is high.

The most popular vendors for this type of product in the UAE are Cisco, HPE, and Ruckus.

Product Categories
Ethernet Switches
Download our free Aruba Switches Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.